The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
more pics..

Attachments

• 2130768.jpg
    2130768.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 294
  • 2130767.jpg
    2130767.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 275
  • 2130772.jpg
    2130772.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 412
  • 2130770.jpg
    2130770.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 194
  • 2130771.jpg
    2130771.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 348
  • 2130614.jpg
    2130614.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 221
  • 2130619.jpg
    2130619.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 301
  • 2130622.jpg
    2130622.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 219
I don't think Victoria looks bored, now, at the dinner, infact she looks rather animated. I think it looked like she was bored during the ceremony, maybe that was her thinking-paying attention face...

Last edited:
Yes, you´re right. That´s what it comes down to it would seem.

after all the photos is victorias dress that bad
where does it belong in a ranking of her other nobel dresses

I really like Victoria's tiara. As for the dress, it is not bad but I have seen her in nicer dresses.

Josefine said:
after all the photos is victorias dress that bad
where does it belong in a ranking of her other nobel dresses
For me it´s on place 3, behind the red dress from 2001 as first one and the light-blue from last year as second one.

Josefine said:
no photos yet of the back of victorias hair?
Here is one:

Attachments

• nobel2.jpg
    nobel2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,226
Last edited by a moderator:
Victoria does have beautiful hair. I wish you wouldn't wear it in a ponytail as often as she does.

Two from Polfoto

Attachments

• Hall.jpeg
    Hall.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 308
  • Press.jpeg
    Press.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 216
Thanks to everyone for posting such great pictures! I like Silvia's dress this year, sometimes she doesn't seem to get it right, but she did this year. I love that tiara, I think it's my favorite tiara of hers, and her hair is as beautiful as it always is.

I was not overly impressed with Victoria's dress. It was pretty, but I have seen her wearing better. I like her tiara this year. It's much better than the four button tiara, which I don't really like. It has always reminded me a bit of those Mickey Mouse ears people buy from Disney!

Carl Philip was looking pretty darn hansome today....of course!

I loved Princess Victoria's Tiara and Hair-do,but not the dress...

Umm...I might need help,but i never thought PV was cute..Sorry,It's just my own opinion I hope nobody gets upset :( but she looks like a sweet person.

Here are some more pictures from Expressen (sorry if any duplicates):

La Chen said:
Another doubt: why this girls used this funny hat with dresses? because i saw royal princesses and prince use them when they graduated... is there an answer?
They are graduation caps - and used here to sign that those who wear them are students.

La Chen said:
Hi i always wondered about is that proper, legal, right, polite or whatever you want to call it, to take pictures to people eating? specially the royal family? in the Nobel Event?
Well that happens all the time on these kind of big events and at various State occasions. In Sweden we even get to see them eat the food on tv during the Nobel Banquet, and the same goes for State Dinners and things in other countries which some national tv channels broacast.

Attachments

• 3150ffc7.jpg
    3150ffc7.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 174
  • fc4e5a0c.jpg
    fc4e5a0c.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 228
  • f9f430db.jpg
    f9f430db.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 393
  • cf14b54b.jpg
    cf14b54b.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 200
  • b5934953.jpg
    b5934953.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,272
  • a49c1ca7.jpg
    a49c1ca7.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 97a1c867.jpg
    97a1c867.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 4f6ef55e.jpg
    4f6ef55e.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,193
  • 413be38c.jpg
    413be38c.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,189
  • 09497f62.jpg
    09497f62.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,124
Here is a closer pic of the ring. The "stone" looks like the head of a screw (the ones with a "cross" on the top)

Attachments

• nobel3.jpg
    nobel3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 304
More pictures! I think almost all of them are from PNB, taken by Henrik Montgomery (sorry if there are any duplicates):

Attachments

• 2353858.jpg
    2353858.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,254
  • 23546875.jpg
    23546875.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 2354879.jpg
    2354879.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,312
  • 2356598.jpg
    2356598.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 227
  • 3253579.jpg
    3253579.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 33648679.jpg
    33648679.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,488
  • 346596.jpg
    346596.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,281
  • 3549680.jpg
    3549680.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,151
  • 365768.jpg
    365768.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,285
  • 123427468.jpg
    123427468.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,267
My favourite after seeing all the great pictures is still Anitra Steen, I have never seen her looks so beautiful before, she has always worn boxy suits and square dresses.:) Not impressed by any of the royal dresses, they all looked nice but there was missing that little extra, the dresses looked like anyone could just buy them, the only thing that made you see thet they were royals were their thousand pounds of diamonds (or cut steel:D ) I alos think the female medicine winner looked nice in her black dress

We have to wait and see what the fashion mafias verdict is in tomorrows paper, I hardly ever agree with that Thulin lady says,which Expressen or Aftonbladet uses.

Last edited:
Pics of back of Queen Silvia,is it her true hair?At other times,i think that her hair is not much like that,so how can she makes a lot like that now?Is it her real hair?

No, she utilizes extensions well. Yes, we wait impatiently for the papers´ verdict.

Last edited:
Here's another picture of Italian schoolboy Alessandro Pitruzzello from his meeting with the King on Friday. Picture from Pressens Bild AB:

Attachments

• alessandro425.jpg
    alessandro425.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 759
I think this was one of the most BORING and UNGLAMOROUS Nobel ceremonies ever.
The Queen wore an old dress that wasn't even that glamorous.
Princess Lillian looked like a giant clementine.
The Crown Princess looked like she was going to a highschool dance not such an important ceremony like the Nobel. Even her hair was unglamorous and unboring.
The King looked like a big sourpuss and so angry even when he was handing out an important awards.
Prince Carl Phillip's hair is too long. He should've gotten it cut before the ceremonies.
The only interesting thing was all the jewellery. But you could put those tiaras and parues and necklaces on an ugly person and they would look good.

On that note, if you have any favorite photos from the dozens that were posted, feel free to point them out or show the links at least. And what is it about the particular photos that you liked?

Last edited:
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - [size=-1] Scientists and economists from the United States, Israel and Norway received their Nobel prizes on Friday at a ceremony marked by the conspicuous absence of literature laureate Elfriede Jelinek of Austria[/size]
[size=-1]
Kenyan Wangari Maathai, the 2004 Nobel peace laureate, received her prize in Oslo, becoming the seventh African and the first African woman to win that award. [/size]

[size=-1]Jelinek, a feminist author who suffers from a social phobia, declined to receive her prize from Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf saying the public spotlight was "like a physical violation" for her. She will receive the prize at the Swedish embassy instead. [/size]

[size=-1]The Nobels, widely regarded as the world's most prestigious accolades in science and literature, have been awarded since 1901. The 2004 prizes are worth 10 million kronor ($1.4 million) each and bring the winners instant fame. [/size]
[size=-1]
Israeli chemistry laureate Aaron Ciechanover said earlier in the week in Stockholm that his world had been turned upside down from the moment he was told he had won the prize in October. [/size]

[size=-1]
"I answered the phone and my plain, orderly life was turned into chaos in 10 seconds," he told reporters. [/size]

[size=-1]
Five of the prizes -- medicine, physics, chemistry, literature and peace -- were founded in the will of Swedish 19th century industrialist Alfred Nobel, the inventor of dynamite. [/size]

[size=-1]"Alfred Nobel realized the importance of science in the evolution of our world," Prof. Bengt Samuelsson, chairman of the Nobel Foundation, said in a speech at the awards ceremony. [/size]
[size=-1]
"Modern society has become so dependent on science that its very foundation is based on scientific progress," he said. [/size]

[size=-1] The economics prize established by Sweden's central bank has been awarded since 1969 despite recurring criticism that economics is not an exact science in the same league as physics, chemistry or medicine. [/size][size=-1]In the recent past most science laureates have been Americans and 2004 was no exception with U.S. scientists sweeping the physics and medicine awards. [/size]

[size=-1]David Gross, David Politzer and Frank Wilczek won in physics for showing how tiny quark particles interact inside atoms. [/size][size=-1]Linda Buck and Richard Axel earned the medicine prize for discovering how the human sense of smell works. [/size]
[size=-1]
When the pair were asked at a news conference this week what was their favorite smell, Buck pointed to a flower and Axel said: "My favorite smell is the scent of a woman."(I like that answer:)) [/size]

[size=-1]Israel got its first Nobel science prize laureates, Avram Hershko and Ciechanover sharing the honors with American Irwin Rose for research into how the body defends against disease by marking undesirable proteins for destruction. [/size]

[size=-1]American Edward Prescott and Norwegian Finn Kydland picked up the economics prize for studies that laid the groundwork for more independent central banks. [/size]

I must say I really like this pic, imagine you are trying to eat and talk and have camera record your every move, need the greatest table manners...;)

Attachments

• AP664483_guest.jpg
    AP664483_guest.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 291
Vicomtesse said:
I think this was one of the most BORING and UNGLAMOROUS Nobel ceremonies ever.
The Queen wore an old dress that wasn't even that glamorous.
Princess Lillian looked like a giant clementine.
The Crown Princess looked like she was going to a highschool dance not such an important ceremony like the Nobel. Even her hair was unglamorous and unboring.
The King looked like a big sourpuss and so angry even when he was handing out an important awards.
Prince Carl Phillip's hair is too long. He should've gotten it cut before the ceremonies.
The only interesting thing was all the jewellery. But you could put those tiaras and parues and necklaces on an ugly person and they would look good.
When i first see all your posts,you always complain everything.Nothing good!

Queen Silvia is eating and Princess Victoria told her stop eating because the camera.So funny!:)

Attachments

• asilvia.bmp
    78 KB · Views: 223
CP Victoria: I like the style of the dress, the material looks very beautiful, and it fits her very nicely while complimenting her figure. Not crazy about the colour, like someone else pointed out before, its not pink but its not red. IMO a red, blue, or even a light green would have been nicer. NEW tiara! Yah! So glad to see the CP wearing a tiara other than the four button tiara.

Queen Silvia: I like her tiara and her hairstyle works very well with it. Her dress is very simple, so it allowed her to show off the fanastic jewelery she had on.

P. Madeleine: I wished she could have been there...I'm sure the dress she had picked was nice. I wonder if she'll save the dress she was planning on wearing for next year's noble?

On the dancefloor after the banquet:

Attachments

• 21334686.jpg
    21334686.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 32542657.jpg
    32542657.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 3256357486.jpg
    3256357486.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 13537668.jpg
    13537668.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 222
Josefine said:
what is trollflöjten in english
Troll = a delightful little character from Scandinavian fairy tales ?
flöjten = swedish flapjacks?

So "trollflöjten" are flpajacks that walk themselves in one's mouth?

Josefine said:
anymore thoughts on victorias ring
I missed that.

Can you re-post that pic ?

After a long search I´ve finally found the first pictures of the dinner today at the Royal castle (at Corbis). The black dress, we have seen so many times before and the 4-button-tiara....hmmmmmmm, couldn´t she simply have "borrowed" the dress, which Madeleine would have worn yesterday? Madeleine is ill, she can´t fend ;)
But at least she looks happy and fit.

I like the outfit of the Queen, though I can imagine, that not too many will agree. I wonder how her hairdo looks in detail...she hadn´t too much time to prepare today.

Which tiara is that on Lilian?

Attachments

• sat1.jpg
    sat1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 515
  • sat2.jpg
    sat2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 529
  • sat3.jpg
    sat3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 419