The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-31-2018, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Heres a video of the Duke and Duchess with Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in Stockholm today.

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel had tea cups from their Official Wedding Serie today
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....al%20Court.jpg
https://tjohaliasblogg.files.wordpre...189.jpg?w=1280

The royal court tells about the second day at their website
The day started at Karolinska institutet to take part in the work to combat mental ill health among children and young people. Among other things, the connection between physical activity and mental health was discussed. Vladimir Carli, a researcher in suicide prevention at Karolinska institutet, talked about ways to encourage young people to speak of mental health. Professor Danuta Wasserman, Director of NASP, National Center for Suicide Research and Prevention of Mental Illness, introduced the Youth Aware of Mental Health (YAM) at Karolinska Institutet - a health promotion and preventative effort aimed at improving mental health and reducing suicide rates among schoolchildren. The project is run by researchers from NASP in cooperation with Stockholm County Council.
After that, the Ducal couple and the Crown Princess couple went to Matteusskolan, a primary school in Vasastan, to get acquainted with their work with YAM. YAM promotes discussion and develops skills to meet life's difficulties and increase knowledge of mental health. The program has proven to be effective in a study of more than 11,000 school students in ten EU countries.
The next program was a visit to Nordiska Kompaniet (NK). The Ducal Couple and Crown Princess couple took part in an interactive exhibition about British design and met representatives of British design and fashion companies operating in Sweden.
In the afternoon, the Crown Princess hosted the Ducal couple at Haga Palace.
In the evening a reception is held at Fotografiska museet in Stockholm with invited guests from the music, film, tv, art and sports world.
Hertigparet av Cambridge besöker Sverige – dag 2 - Sveriges Kungahus

https://www.instagram.com/p/BenDxu_h...aken-by=zrus30
https://www.instagram.com/p/BenfaKCh...aken-by=zrus30
https://www.instagram.com/p/BenabGen...12756342094676

The crowd yesterday at Stortorget
https://media.shootitlive.com/1tateS...tonbladet/7191

Old 01-31-2018, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel arriving to the reception
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/vp...49257984_n.jpg

William and Kate came by boat to the reception, Victoria and Daniel came by car from Haga. There are about 200 people at the reception.
Se bilderna från Victorias och Daniels festkväll med Kate och William _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 01-31-2018, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

That black skirt of Victoria...! tacky!

Fashionwise the CPss could not compete with the Duchess during this visit....

Was there any live coverage on television? I remember when the Duke and Duchess visited Germany last summer, there was intense live coverage!
Old 01-31-2018, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
I think the only thing more stupid than a Daily Mail article is the comments section of a Daily Mail article! Still, they’re hard to beat for good picture collections, as the above links show. Thanks for taking one for the team, Muhler! Next time avoid the words at all costs! :)
Indeed Muhler please accept my thanks as well; I was gullible enough to read the second article thanks to promised 'racy revelations about scandi royals', the only news to me was that the Norwegians have taken over 'Danebrog' and renamed it 'Norge'
Old 01-31-2018, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeoFfSKA...ensingtonroyal

Adorable meetup, wish the Cambridge kids could meet the Swedes too.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:20 PM
Majesty

I was going to see the same.
Prince Oscar and Princess Charlotte could make a lovely couple in the future, hahaha (Princess Estelle & Prince George rather not because both will be heirs)
Old 01-31-2018, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

William said in his speech at the reception
"We have encountered a wonderfully warm welcome. We are particularly grateful for the hospitality of Their Majesties The King and Queen, and of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. We have been very fortunate to have spent much of the past two days in their welcoming company, including at their home in Haga. Thank you for making us feel so welcome. We very much hope we will have the opportunity to repay your generosity in the United Kingdom soon."
The whole speech in english:
Prins William_ “Sverige har en speciell plats i våra hjärtan” _ Svensk Damtidning

From the reception
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU5G9WjWsAARYNH.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU5G9WgW0AMs7UN.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU5G9WmX4AA1Z17.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU5G9WlX0AIVTOQ.jpg

Photos are from Twitter of the British Embassy in Sweden
https://twitter.com/UKinSweden
Old 01-31-2018, 04:44 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Estelle w/ her dress and tights is so cute - lovely little girl!
And I want Catherine's heels - I've been looking for a pair just that color...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Our daily dose of Daily Mail: Kate Middleton wears elegant houndstooth coat in Stockholm | Daily Mail Online

This time I didn't read the article...
Please let me know if they write anything remotely correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Well nothing major jumped out at me...seems pretty benign.

LaRae
I guess I was the only one to say whoa - what? about the 'reasonably priced $200 T-shirts' one of the businesses had on offer at the mall.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Indeed Muhler please accept my thanks as well; I was gullible enough to read the second article thanks to promised 'racy revelations about scandi royals', the only news to me was that the Norwegians have taken over 'Danebrog' and renamed it 'Norge'
Surely you are jesting?!?
Otherwise I'll cry myself to sleep tonight.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Points from the outfits today from Expressen's fashion expert. She gives 5/5 to both Victoria and Daniel from the day outfits. She loves Victoria's suit and coat combination and says that it might be one of her best outfits in 2018. And that Daniel is super handsome in his coat and suit.
https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/kun...mpen-mot-kate/
Old 01-31-2018, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Here are two more dailymail articles, this time about the evening event:

** dailymail: She wore blue velvet! Kate strikes a glamorous note in ANOTHER floral dress by Erdem..**

** dailymail: 'What happened to her style?' Royal fans are left unimpressed by pregnant Kate's 'frumpy' velvet Erdem dress in Stockholm..**
Old 01-31-2018, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
I was going to see the same.
Prince Oscar and Princess Charlotte could make a lovely couple in the future, hahaha (Princess Estelle & Prince George rather not because both will be heirs)
It didn't work for William and Madeleine (or Carl Gustaf and Anne before them); I don't think it will for Oscar and Charlotte. Maybe George and Leonore ?
Old 01-31-2018, 06:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

I doubt we will see a royal house marry into another one again. The trend for almost all of them has been to marry a 'regular' person.

LaRae
Old 01-31-2018, 06:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

I cannot understand why Daily Mail keep referring to Kate as Middleton. Surely even the most ignorant person in Britain will have an idea of what her title is now. She wasn't married yesterday.
Kate is fine with me, that's en endearment, at least that's how I use it. But Middleton that's just silly and to be honest quite insulting, both towards W&K but especially towards their readers, even those who are anti-monarchy.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

The arrival of Victoria and Daniel tonight, shown in the video in the first article, was a bit awkward to say the least ...
Old 01-31-2018, 07:53 PM
Majesty

Awkward? They handled this staggered arrival as well as anyone could, IMO.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I cannot understand why Daily Mail keep referring to Kate as Middleton. Surely even the most ignorant person in Britain will have an idea of what her title is now. She wasn't married yesterday.
Kate is fine with me, that's en endearment, at least that's how I use it. But Middleton that's just silly and to be honest quite insulting, both towards W&K but especially towards their readers, even those who are anti-monarchy.
They are probably doing it for SEO purposes. Lots of people would have trouble remembering her title but would remember her name. Meghan Markle will be known as such for decades to come.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I doubt we will see a royal house marry into another one again. The trend for almost all of them has been to marry a 'regular' person.

LaRae
Reigning royal houses in Europe, yes, it seems unlikely. However, we still see some members of non-reigning royal houses (Gabriella of Habsburg/Austria and Henri of Bourbon-Parma come to mind as a future example) marry each other; and marriage between reigning families is a practice that we still can observe in other parts of the world.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Muhler, it is the purpose of the Daily Mail (aka the Daily Fail) to be insulting to both the intelligence and the self-esteem of its readers. That is why the Daily Mail can best be used to wrap fish and chips, thereby ensuring its poison rubs off into the dinners of countless British persons who should know better...but don't because they read the Daily Mail