Infanta Leonor, News and Pictures Part 3: August - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
adelaide said:
One more time, i's obvious that the Princes of Asturias don't want to have private life gaved as a bone to gnaw by all this spanish and foreign yellow press. It's a very legitimate right.

The Princes of Orange had succes to negociate their family peace against some photosessions except this ones, you can't see W.A doing shopping at the butcher with his daughters or Maxima playing in the garden with Amalia or Alexia.

Why do you want that the Princes of Asturias are changing their habits of descret private life because Leonor.

When you see the way of the photographs to shot the Letizia's belly during the official Hearings, you can understand that they don't want to see more broken the respect of their private life that they are keeping as a first necessity.

As Lula said the Princes are going to diner at friends' houses ( we know sometime with Leonor),or to see movies and so on and we don't have pics.

It's normal, they aren't beasts of zoo. If I remember well, the last year, a lucky shooter had took some pics of the Princes and Leonor at the exit of the dentist!
I agree with you.
CRIS, I love your avatar:wub:

I believe that the people still do not have anything very clear. The Princes do not live in the city of Madrid. The Palace is to several kilometres of the city, therefore unless they go to an official act, to a restaurant, to the cinema, to the theatre or to something like that, the Princes do not go to the center of Madrid. Therefore, there does not make any sense that they take to the girl to Madrid. A thing is the city of Madrid, and different all the neighborhoods, urbanizations and villages that exist around. Many of their friends and relatives live in these zones, which normally are deprived and to which the press does not have access.
Evidently the Princes are not going to announce whenever they go to the city, or whenever they go to a place in order that the press this one there.

I agree with Lula and Adelaide

Does we really need a reality show of Infanta Leonor´s life?

Last edited:
Redferns said:
I agree with you.
CRIS, I love your avatar:wub:
thank you :)
Yes, it is so cute as father and daughter watch themselves.:wub:

According to an article in El Mundo some time ago, it was mentioned that they always take Leonor with them when they visit friends and that they don't take a nanny. I also remember from Beatriz Cortazar that Leonor went to the birthday party of her cousin Carla at her grandma's house and the press missed her because she was not with her parents. In other words, just because we don't see pictures it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. We also don't see a lot of Haakon and Mette-Marit and Philippe and Mathilde's children, so I don't understand why Felipe and Letizia are being singled out. The Norwegians and the Belgians don't seem to have a problem with it. I remember when F & L when out with the Bulgarian princes and they were hounded by the press and people, can you imagine if they take Leonor out at say Parque del Retiro? They want to protect her and as her parents they have the right to do so the best way they know how.

planetcher said:
According to an article in El Mundo some time ago, it was mentioned that they always take Leonor with them when they visit friends and that they don't take a nanny. I also remember from Beatriz Cortazar that Leonor went to the birthday party of her cousin Carla at her grandma's house and the press missed her because she was not with her parents. In other words, just because we don't see pictures it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. We also don't see a lot of Haakon and Mette-Marit and Philippe and Mathilde's children, so I don't understand why Felipe and Letizia are being singled out. The Norwegians and the Belgians don't seem to have a problem with it. I remember when F & L when out with the Bulgarian princes and they were hounded by the press and people, can you imagine if they take Leonor out at say Parque del Retiro? They want to protect her and as her parents they have the right to do so the best way they know how.

As we see, for instance, what the press is doing when they want to shot the little Carla at the exit of school or what they are doing with the children of the Infanta Elena we can understand that the Princes don't want to show her daughter with a leash around the neck doing her first walks.

I'm very fond of Froilan and Victoria Frederica who since their very young age are sticking their tongue to the photographs-vultures, it's very funy but I don't thing it's good for them to be the bird of prey of professional whithout ethic.

In the Infantita's case why is not impossible to admit that the Princes want to protect her against a press unscrupulous. They don't respect the elementary rules of the private integrety to make money. I undestand the legimate right of the Princes - who are in professional field subject of pic's merchandises- to want to keep their private life ( theirs and these of their little girl) far away of a journalists who don't have any deontologic rules.

As tis situation is not going to change ( I fear the contrary in bad sens) I find that the Princes's attitude is the best one for their little girl:hammer: ( They don't need to make the promotion of their last movie !)

Last edited:
I think if they really want to take photos of little Leonor they will!!! They know where they live and jornalists are very presistent and they can be there all day expecting a photo! So I think that every time little Leonor goes out of the Palace jornalists can take photos if they want to! I think she really doesn't go out to mucht and I don't agree with that! Princess Letizia should do whatever she wants to protect her child. I'am only comment on this issue.

Yes, but at the moment the photographers are not fortune-tellers:lol: , so or they find them casually or because someone reports or is difficult that they locate them.

The Zarzuela is a Palace placed in a mount surrounded with meadows and forests, with many measurements of safety, and of that cars enter and go out often. The journalists cannot place in the door to waiting, because it is not useful.

Let me tell you something

I live near of Zarzuela Palace, and sometimes I pass with my car for the entry of the palace.

It is not an entry as a normal house, is a diversion in a highway and you cannot stop with your car. But, if by the way, there are journalists in this entry and casually the Principes go out, the security services, (before the princes go out with their cars), stop the traffic of the highway and do no left to continue the cars after than the princes have go out , and do not permit that anybody should follow the cars of the princes.

So is very dificult to take a picture, or follow them to anyway.

When the jurnalist take a picture of the Princes, in a comercial center or in a restaurant, is pacted by the Royal house and the Journalist.;)

Last edited:
I should be the first to want to see how is growing up the little Infantita but I'm also the first to hate any kind "circus" of organized false spontaneous session's shot.

Remember some desatrous supermarket' session when Leonor was very young baby.

It's legitimate right and if I should be at the Princes's place( I'm not;) ) I should do exactly the same thing because in the life you don't have to be on the pressure of people who have no ethic except these of the money.:flowers:

Paty said:
When the jurnalist take a picture of the Princes, in a comercial center or in a restaurant, is pacted by the Royal house and the Journalist.;)

The private activities are not pacted. The Princes are going to the restaurants, to the cinema, to buy ... and they do not warn to the press.
But the press can be warned by the people who sees them, or for the places in which the press moves, sometimes looking for other persons, they locate them. For example, I remember an occasion in which the journalists found them, but the press for whom was waiting was to Beckham.:lol:

Another thing, it is that they go to a place, and realize that a paparazzi is doing photos. In these cases, they can decide to warn to the agency EFE, in order that they do photos and the whole world could have them, without this paparazzi earns money selling them.

Last edited:
Thanks for your corecction Lula!

I was looking for good pictures of Leonor when she is 4-7 months old. I can't seem to find any through the threads. Everyone has such nice little avatars of her but I dont see the full photo
Thanks
Helena

helenstl said:
I was looking for good pictures of Leonor when she is 4-7 months old. I can't seem to find any through the threads. Everyone has such nice little avatars of her but I dont see the full photo
Thanks
Helena

Hi, helena. To get you started, I can suggest this Diez Minutos link: http://www.especialeshf.com/10minuto/leonor_galerias_06/. They have a good collection of Leonor's photos. Enjoy! :flowers:

well I think people are fascinated by Leonor because we know that she will be keen one day (perhaps), she is part of Spanish identity and also part world history so we are so anxious to see new pictures of Infanta Leonor and I think their parents should show her more!

biboquinhas said:
well I think people are fascinated by Leonor because we know that she will be keen one day (perhaps), she is part of Spanish identity and also part world history so we are so anxious to see new pictures of Infanta Leonor and I think their parents should show her more!

How do you feel about the young Norwegian and Belgian princes? Apparently the Princes of Asturias are not doing anything different from their parents.

But Leonor is important for us, people who speaks Spanish. I'm Argentinian and our country was once part of Spanish Kingdoms. So...I'ts understable that this little cute girl could be something important for us...Much more than other Heir Princesses.

And...even if I was not Argentine, I should like Princess Leonor for she is a so cute and smiling, special toddler. I like her, and I should like to see much more photos of her. I saw much more pics of other little Princess and Princesses, but Princess Leonor family hides her too much to her people! I should excpect a more important party for her first Birthday, and we only had a few official pics of her.

I must confess I feel dissapointed. Royals, nowadays doesn't rules any more, but they also hides of their peoples and claims to wanting a "private life"...So....why are they royals? They are not different to ourselves, only that they have much more money. This must be a kind of magic in royals, or their existence should not have any sense any more...They must think a lt about it.

Just a thought...Sorry, but my English is desastrous and I can't said exactly what I mean.

I should like to know more pics of Infanta Leonor, anyway...

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
But Leonor is important for us, people who speaks Spanish. I'm Argentinian and our country was once part of Spanish Kingdoms. So...I'ts understable that this little cute girl could be something important for us...Much more than other Heir Princesses.

And...even if I was not Argentine, I should like Princess Leonor for she is a so cute and smiling, special toddler. I like her, and I should like to see much more photos of her. I saw much more pics of other little Princess and Princesses, but Princess Leonor family hides her too much to her people! I should excpect a more important party for her first Birthday, and we only had a few official pics of her.

I must confess I feel dissapointed. Royals, nowadays doesn't rules any more, but they also hides of their peoples and claims to wanting a "private life"...So....why are they royals? They are not different to ourselves, only that they have much more money. This must be a kind of magic in royals, or their existence should not have any sense any more...They must think a lt about it.

Just a thought...Sorry, but my English is desastrous and I can't said exactly what I mean.

I should like to know more pics of Infanta Leonor, anyway...

Vanesa.

Be quiet, your english is quiet understable. As you I should to see more pics of this very cute Infantita but I don't think that the Princes are hiding their little baby girl.

As you can see spanish Crown Princes are very busy and don't have many time for having fun outside of their house.

I don't think that today the Royalty means something totally magic. May be you can have some fantasy about the "golden" life of the royals, but today you can have an other vew about their meaning - now we know that the blue blood is a concept destroy by the biological analysts- that we can conceive as an arbitrator above the politic parties as is doing Juan Carlos for the best illustration.

vanesa, your english is really good, don't you worry. most of us are not native speakers of english, so you needn't worry :)

i understand what you mean. we saw christian a lot lately in australia, the same goes for elena's and cristina's children or we even saw elisabeth of belgium already doing an official activity... and we don't seem to get a lot of information about leonor. would be nice to see them having walks or something... i'm sure the more used the paparazzis are to the princes performing informal activities in their leisure with leonor, the more they will get used to and leave them alone. the fact that they only show leonor in special ocassions is what attracts paparazzis...

it's a shame we only saw her live in summer appart from her three birthday pics...

It is not necessary to analyze only the most recent situations, this summer we have seen Leonor great during the vacations, much more that to other royal babies. I imagine that in Christmas they will organize some activity or exit, especially now that everything is more calmed.

http://www.abc.es/20061202/madrid-madrid/euro-abeto-para-galicia_200612020259.html

The pupils of the Engineers' Technical Top School of Mounts of Madrid begin the traditional sale of natural firs. An Euro of every sold tree will be destined to the reforestation of the Galician mount. The engineers will send a fir to the Infanta Leonor of the same size, in order that she could decorate it.

How cute :wub: Leonor decorating her own christmas three!

carlota said:
it's a shame we only saw her live in summer appart from her three birthday pics...

Dear Carlota, I find your words above a little bit excessive!

About the shame, what do you think about the behaviour of this press which are making a true bad novel about a alleged vanish of the Princess en "el Rastrillo" the last friday and the alleged too bad relations with the Infanta Pilar though it's obvious that the two women are abble to do more exchange than the only ones of cold politiness.

For me, that is a true shame!:angry:

Vanesa said:

Vanesa.
Leonor is important for us?? and why? I think i don´t get your point.We have nothing to do with Spain, or England or some other Empire of the past:bang:

I think she means that the SRF are important to you guys like the BRF is important to us Americans. They are the ones we know, the ones our media covers, and the ones that are the most familiar. They are in our common language, (we often use the phrase, "well, if you're _____, then I'm the queen of England!) and our common knowledge. The other royals get little to no coverage.

Speculating won't get us anywhere.

Felipe and Letizia have decided to keep Leonor out of the public eye as much as possible, and that's completely understandable given the scrutiny the life of the Infanta will suffer as soon as she starts school.

Felipe and Letizia have decided to give her a normal upbringing (as normal as it can be) while they can, so I repeat, speculating won't get us anywhere besides wasting one more thread with posts that say "I miss Leonor", "I want to see Leonor", "Why they don't show her more often", and that, frankly, won't take us anywhere, just making us run in circles.

Consider this a friendly warning...

rosana said:
Leonor is important for us?? and why? I think i don´t get your point.We have nothing to do with Spain, or England or some other Empire of the past

We all have one common history, even when it's past history. I've lived on both sides of the Atlantic and what happens in one Hispanic origin country do interest the rest of the Spanish speaking nations. I always noticed that people in Latin America and Spain (my former home ages ago) give each other a feeling of belonging and unity despite the accents, the basic differences and the political structures of each country. You are made felt at home whether you visit distant places from Mejico to Argentina to Spain to the Caribean countries. Leonor, or the Spanish Royals in general, might not be important on their own but they do represent a common bond between all of us that goes beyond local politics.

And back to the subject, every time I see pictures of Leonor so far and in between she changes so much that there is an element of expectation for the next Leonor-sighting. I like that way so we don't get over saturated. There will be plenty of pictures of her as she becomes older and hit the teen years.

Last edited:
I, for one, I have connection with Spain. Argentina was a Spanish territory before Revolution, so I feel more connections with Spain than with other country of Europe (aside France, since I also has French roots too! :lol: ). Of course, I do not deny the 1810 revolution that made our country free of any bondages in the 1816 Independence. I'm proud of it, if I must said it. But I'm not a republican and I do not see why I must be one. English -speaking countries have their Commonwealth, and anyone would call an Australian Citizen or a New Zealand one a slave or would say he is not free for they feel part of a cultural Commonwealth. I feel part of a certain part of Spain history, even if now we are free. When Spanish Royals visits Central and South America they act in a very special way and speak about the ancient ties who are important for each other. America gave very important things to Spain. Spain gave very important things to America. Who can deny it?

I have all kind of family, here in my country: the ones who are from French and Italian ancestries...the ones who came from France and Spain but are here since 1650, and finally the more recent ones...Among them I have a great-grandmother who was a fervent royalist . She settled precisely in Rosario (from where my mother comes from) where she lived and dead. When she knew about Alfonso XIII overthrown, she bawled her eyes out, saying: "Oh, poor thing! Poor thing! What did he does? What did he does to be treated that way? What our country should become without our King?..."

So, I have a special tie to the Spainsh Royals...Hope you did understand this.

I do not think that Pince Felipe and Princess Letizia are hidding Leonor in purpose...I only think that they have a different view of their responsabilities than the one that their ancestors could have. They feel more like common people, and they keep to themselves. I was only saying that I do not share this new conception of Monarchy. I could be wrong, but these are my views.

And jut don't crash your head against a wall only for you didn't share my opinions.

Vanesa.

P.S: Thank you everyone for your kind words about my English! :flowers: :wub:

LadyK said:
I think she means that the SRF are important to you guys like the BRF is important to us Americans. They are the ones we know, the ones our media covers, and the ones that are the most familiar. They are in our common language, (we often use the phrase, "well, if you're _____, then I'm the queen of England!) and our common knowledge. The other royals get little to no coverage.

Yeah! She gets what I was trying to say, lie Toledo did too! :flowers:

Vanesa.

So, I have a special tie to the Spainsh Royals...Hope you did understand this.

And jut don't crash your head against a wall only for you didn't share my opinions.

[/quote]
Of course i don´t share your opinions, the crash is a rather funny way of saying " i don´t agree", at least for me, and i used it because you involved "all of us spanish-speakers". Yes, i understand the importance that the SRF can have for spanish leaving in Arg. or spanish descendants, but unless you are a royalty follower, people don´t even know the name of the Infanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom