Infanta Leonor, News and Pictures Part 3: August - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is with the spanish press:wacko: what is this excessive writing on Leonors health. I cant count how many articles that has been translated to this board talking about her health, when there are no indications she is not healthy. There are babies who have had minor health troubles in their first weeks like Sverre Magnus and Christian but the Danish and Norwegian press dont need to write in the long and the wide how they are healthy and normal weight, or wether they cries or eats, sleeps or poops. Its getting a bit rediculous really. Maybe Felipe and Letizia fuels it by so often commenting on that she is healthy and normal and eats or what not.

Larzen said:
What is with the spanish press:wacko: what is this excessive writing on Leonors health. I cant count how many articles that has been translated to this board talking about her health, when there are no indications she is not healthy. There are babies who have had minor health troubles in their first weeks like Sverre Magnus and Christian but the Danish and Norwegian press dont need to write in the long and the wide how they are healthy and normal weight, or wether they cries or eats, sleeps or poops. Its getting a bit rediculous really. Maybe Felipe and Letizia fuels it by so often commenting on that she is healthy and normal and eats or what not.

The Cp's should release a statement on her health.It may put a stop to this nonsense.

I am thinking over it, and start thinking that Letizia the only one that sees the reality, probably because she is the one that more suffers it.

In a country where certain press does not stand out precisely for respecting the rights as for the minors' appearance in the press; where the President of Government has prohibited the press to photograph his daughters. It is necessary to think that something not this one well.

The press invents Leonor's rumors since she was born, and as soon as they begin, if nobody stops them, it is difficult that they stop. The press will resort always to the freedom of expression, but the freedom of expression cannot be the same one with an adult, that with a child to whom they protect the laws.

If the Royal House, if the King and the Prince do not put any limit to this, most harmed is going to be Leonor. Now Leonor is protected in Zarzuela, but that will happen when she starts going to the school?... The children every time are clever, and they listen the things and they repeat them without thinking over it, or without thinking that they can damage.

I totally agree with you Lula.
I think that reading this kind of articles the Princes will not be pleased to give some new pics of the Infanta for her birthday and pressed to make a video with her littel girl. If I were them I would be so hungry that I won't do anything, no giving video and fotos.
I hope they are more indulgent and better than me and that we could see new pics of Leonor next week !!!!!

Larzen said:

Seems that the press is so much in need of news to sell they have to create them. The Spanish yellow press is no different than their counterparts in Great Britain, USA or any other country. For years it was the obsession with whom would Felipe marry. Then he gets married and the attention turns toward his wife. Then the baby arrives and the attention of the press focuses on her now.

This week I was reading a fascinating article by John Turhill in the weekend edition of the Financial Times describing the obsession with celebrities from both the people and the news media that fuels up their need for news. What Turhill mentioned in his article about the person he was writing about, Segolene Royal, could easily apply to the attention Leonor will get in the near future. He quoted Harvard psychologist Daniel Gilbert and his best paragraph (that could apply to Leonor in the future) is:
"...Gilbert says man is the only creature capable of imagining the future, but our imaginations often construct futures at odds with rational expectations, causing unhappiness. Our minds can be tricked, swayed by emotion or outside manipulation. We all are vulnerable to illusions of foresight..." :neutral:

In sumary, the rumors about Leonor could easily be just that, rumors created by that outside manipulation, the press and their need to get our attention. Leonor is just a baby, a happy and healthy baby like any other one. Her parents talk and discuss her much like any other parent would do, with joy and pride enjoying every single day and every little thing she does at home. No more and no less. ;)

Last edited:
Mari_* said:
Hi lula, thanks for the article, I'd like to read it in spanish, I clicked on the link and it says that probably the link is wrong, or the page is restringed access

I have not placed the article , another person has placed it in Spanish, I only have translated it , later they have erased it in Spanish; to accede it is necessary to be registered, but on Monday or Tuesday already you will be able to read it in Spanish without registering;)

Okay thanks then! :)

The article was posted by asturiana_. However she posted the whole article in Spanish, without providing translation and therefore the article had to be deleted. Luckily Lula translated it before it was deleted (thank you for that Lula! :flowers:).

I can't believe that next tuesday is going to be the big day, Little Leonor turns her first year, time passed so soon.

i really hope they release some photos (whether posed or not) of leonor for her birthday just as they did in denmark. would be great to see her again or to see more official photos of the asturias family.

Thanks for the article and the link lula.

lula said:
Commentaries that have hurt them terribly
Poor :cry::sad: , even though those commentaries are lies, and they know their girl is healthy it sure hurts..

lula said:
Nevertheless, and assuming at all time their role as Inheritors to the throne of Spain, the Princes have not been left to win for the possible misadventures and have faced, shoulder with shoulder, to information (as we were indicating in previous lines) about the health of their small one
But this Im glad about .. them giving support to each other!!:flowers:

Beautiful furniture. I can only imagine her room. If her room is as beautiful as her dresses, then it must be a wonderful nursery. Lucky baby!

is going to be a official photo of leonor like mary and fred did?

rchainho said:
is going to be a official photo of leonor like mary and fred did?

No one knows. We all are keeping our fingers crossed for Tuesday

Anna_R said:
No one knows. We all are keeping our fingers crossed for Tuesday
But when they decide to organise a photosession we will know about it probably 1-2 days earlier, right? At least that happened in Lanzarote...:rolleyes:
Personally I think they will do sth similar to Cristina. Just go out, pose during a dew minutes to the pictures and come back home. Nothing out of this world, but nice, simple "photosession".:rolleyes:

Today in "point de vue" it's an excellent article about "the Infantas" in general withe two pics besides these of Velasquez's portrait andd these of Leonord official' portrait of the last 30rd of October.

Try to make the comparaison. The shot of leonor is absolutly perfect as "Infanta of Spain" with the good seroius look, the perfect turn of the head.
It's obvious that the photograph has took is inspiration in the Velaquez's portrai to do the official one of Leonord. When you see the two pics it's fantastic how leonord should be regal with her white dress§

adelaide said:
Today in "point de vue" it's an excellent article about "the Infantas" in general withe two pics besides these of Velasquez's portrait andd these of Leonord official' portrait of the last 30rd of October.

Try to make the comparaison. The shot of leonor is absolutly perfect as "Infanta of Spain" with the good seroius look, the perfect turn of the head.
It's obvious that the photograph has took is inspiration in the Velaquez's portrai to do the official one of Leonord. When you see the two pics it's fantastic how leonord should be regal with her white dress§

Do you think you could post the article? I'd love to read it, it sounds very intereting. :)

According the new rules I don't know if I can scan the article.

But roughtly summerize it's the history of the word " Infanta" since the Middle Age" until now.

As you know, today according the constitution only the children of the Kings and by the way of the Princes of Asturias can wear the title.

By execption the sisters of Jan Carlos can keep it at life title.

The spanish constitution allowed to the King the possibilty to give this tittle at a person who for exceptionnal merit can wear it. Possibilty used by Juan Carlos for Don Carlos of Borbon Sicile who is " Infant of Spain" but not his wife.

If you think that I can scan the article tell me, I should do it.

Leonor´s teeth

They mentioned somewhere that she´s got about three already. But I couldn´t see them when she was f.i. laughing on the birthday photos.

I read in a portuguese magazine "Nova Gente", if i´m not mistaken, that little princess Leonor will be submited a medical surgery to the angioma that she has on her nose.

I read in a portuguese magazine "Nova Gente", if´i´m not mistaken, that litlte princess Leonor will be submited to a medical surgery to remove the angioma she has on her nose.

antonieta said:
I read in a portuguese magazine "Nova Gente", if´i´m not mistaken, that litlte princess Leonor will be submited to a medical surgery to remove the angioma she has on her nose.

It is a lie:bang: , it was published months ago by a yellow Spanish magazine, and already it denied the Royal House and the own Princes to some journalists.
The spot is habitual in some babies and is in the habit of disappearing with the passage of time for if alone without need of any surgery.

but it is from this week edition. Because the princes want Leonor without the angioma now, so the operation is to be in the next months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom