Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 3: May 2008 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As there is a great difference between countries, regarding the percentage of women being at the labour market - I want to add - that in Denmark almost all women are working also when having small children. Only some very, very few are housewifes. Therefore the very slight minority of children who has af mom who is a housewife (or has a nanny or non-working dad) also are inrolled in a nursery school in order to get playmates. Not doing so, will leave them without the compagny of children their own age, as there most likely will not be any other children whithin miles with whom they can play during the daytime - not even in the most wealthy areas of Denmark.
welll, my daugter did not go to school until pre-k and this was until she was 5 and a half, but ishe went since she was 2 to ballet, gymnastics and ice skating, plenty places to get interact with kids, and today almost 7 she is a superb skater in competitions getting a lot of medals and first places, so it is many ways to have your kids to play with other kids.

Well I have a three year old kid and now i see the advantages to go to day care because now he learns, now he plays, he paint, he play games, he socialize with other kids, before that he was only there because I cannot have him at home, but he did only a few things during the year...nothing mucht because he was to little :ermm:

welll, my daugter did not go to school until pre-k and this was until she was 5 and a half, but ishe went since she was 2 to ballet, gymnastics and ice skating, plenty places to get interact with kids, and today almost 7 she is a superb skater in competitions getting a lot of medals and first places, so it is many ways to have your kids to play with other kids.

And you can do that in Denmark too - but as Lilla so rightly pointed out there are cultural difference from country to country - nearly all mothers work here. I have three kids and I have worked all the time, so if one of my girls wanted to go ice skating it had to be during the weekend or after 5 p.m - after an already long day.
No, if small children here are to play with other kids at the best time of day, the choice is nursery school/kindergarten.

And you can do that in Denmark too - but as Lilla so rightly pointed out there are cultural difference from country to country - nearly all mothers work here. I have three kids and I have worked all the time, so if one of my girls wanted to go ice skating it had to be during the weekend or after 5 p.m - after an already long day.
No, if small children here are to play with other kids at the best time of day, the choice is nursery school/kindergarten.
of, course it depends of parents if they have to work, my father was danish , so my "farmor" grandmother, she stayed at home and my mother too so i guess i am doing the same as them!

And you can do that in Denmark too - but as Lilla so rightly pointed out there are cultural difference from country to country - nearly all mothers work here.

of, course it depends of parents if they have to work, my father was danish , so my "farmor" grandmother, she stayed at home and my mother too so i guess i am doing the same as them!

It does not only depend on the parents. The structure of a particular country and the way the labour marked in this country is regulated is even more important when it comes to the possible choices parents can make.

According to The Danish Ministry of Empolyment Beskæftigelsesministeriet - Nøgletal in 2004 the participation rate for men was 79,7 % and for women it was 73,4 %. (The participation rate is the amount of 16 - 66 - year-olds, who is employed or temporarily unemploy - compared to the entire population). The entire structure of the Danish welfaresystem is build upon regulations that makes it more or less impossible for a houshold to exist unless both parents work. One income simply isn't sufficient if you want to have a life without financial difficulties.

According to this link http: http://www.kvinfo.dk/side/560/article/748/ the goal for the EU is a participation rate for women at 60% by the end of 2010. Denmark has the highest participation rate for women in Europe. Sweden and Finland comes in second. At the bottom is Malta, Italy and Greece with a participation rate on 33 % - 46%.

A very high participation rate for both women and men in at country also makes a high demand for nursery schools/kindergardens and it also influences the decisions of the minority of parents who does not work. If you want your small children to be among other small children during the daytime, they have to be enrolled at a nursery school/kindegarden. But as a nonworking parent one has the luxury of only needing them to be there parttime if one wishes so.

I do not know whether the later is the case with Christian and Isabella - but I would think so........

Of cause it is possible for non-working parents and working parents to let their small children meet with other small children in the weekend or after 5 p.m. But as UserDane wrote the later would be after an already long day (for both the vast majority of the small children and their parents as well).

Furthermore it is not a choice for danish parents to leave their small children in the care of grandparents while going to work - as both grandparents are working as well. According to the link underneath the average age of withdrawal from the labour market in Denmark in 2005 was for women 60.1 and for men 62.2.

http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/cache/ITY_OFFPUB/KS-SF-07-097/EN/KS-SF-07-097-EN.PDF

I just read the sweetest thing about Christian today. According to an interview with Mary quoted at www.svenskdamtidning.se , Christian has begun asking why he doesn't have a surname like the other children at nursery school.
I guess he is old enough to start noticing that he is different. I wonder how you would explain that to such a small child.

I just read the sweetest thing about Christian today. According to an interview with Mary quoted at www.svenskdamtidning.se , Christian has begun asking why he doesn't have a surname like the other children at nursery school.
I guess he is old enough to start noticing that he is different. I wonder how you would explain that to such a small child.
so what is hiss full name?

Christian Valdemar Henri John, Prince to Denmark, Count of Monpezat.

Christian Valdemar Henri John, Prince to Denmark, Count of Monpezat.
i guess it will be difficult for him to learn to write his hole name, i knew they do not use surname and i read in this forum abourr his father having to create one for himself when he came to the us to study but what is the reason that they do not have surname?are all the other royals the same, i belive maxima has a surname or am i wrong?

i guess it will be difficult for him to learn to write his hole name

Yes, poor kid :lol:

but what is the reason that they do not have surname?

I don't know the reason. I far as I know Danish Kings and Queens never have had surnames.............

Perhaps some other posters have an answer.

I think that no King or Queen have a surname that they use. However, they do all have a family name that denotes which familial house they come from. I think that all Kings/Queens, at least in the western monarchies, sign their first names with an R behind it for Rex/Regina the latin for King/Queen.

I think that no King or Queen have a surname that they use. However, they do all have a family name that denotes which familial house they come from. I think that all Kings/Queens, at least in the western monarchies, sign their first names with an R behind it for Rex/Regina the latin for King/Queen.
this is very interested! an "R"

William and Harry uses Windsor when they were in school...so for Christian what is their house name?

Yes, confirmation can be found here: The Danish Monarchy - History

But I don't think they have ever used Glücksburg as a surname the same way William and Harry has used Windsor.

William & Harry actually use "Wales", not Windsor (eg on their army badges). Charles, Anne etc use "Mountbatten-Windsor".

Maybe they will use Monpezat since Fred only recently became the Count of Monpezat? Henrik would be pleased I guess ....

if i remember correectly (please correct me if i'm wrong) frederik used "henrikson" (henrik's son) maybe christian will use "fredrikson" ....just a thought

William & Harry actually use "Wales", not Windsor (eg on their army badges). Charles, Anne etc use "Mountbatten-Windsor"

Thanks for the enlightening, Duke of Marmalade :flowers:. I had the "using of Winsor" from a previous post made by another member.

Maybe they will use Monpezat since Fred only recently became the Count of Monpezat? Henrik would be pleased I guess ....

Perhaps they will...........and yes, I too guess this will please Henrik :flowers:

if i remember correectly (please correct me if i'm wrong) frederik used "henrikson" (henrik's son) maybe christian will use "fredrikson" ....just a thought

yes I recall that but i believe it was more like an "inkognito" thing when frederik attended events where he didn't want to be recognized by name.

Thanks for the enlightening, Duke of Marmalade :flowers:. I had the "using of Winsor" from a previous post made by another member.

:flowers: you're welcome lilla. yes they use their father's title as surname (william recently became "flying officer wales"). maybe a danish member recalls what name frederik used when he was in the army? i know felipe of spain used "borbon", his father's name, and not "asturias" (following the british example). sometimes i think royals can pick and chose and use as a surname what they want ;)

maybe a danish member recalls what name frederik used when he was in the army?

I don't know. Actually I don't think he used any other name but his own: Frederik André Henrik Christian. I know what he was called as a nickname in the army: Pingo :flowers:.

About the using of "Henriksen". I think he used that surname when studying at Harvard University. It was an "inkognito" thing in order not to be recognized as a CP.

So much tenderness! It's obvious how close Christian and his mother are.

Thanks for the pictures :wub:

What a lovely photos. He is in seven heaven on them.

Christian reminds me a little bit of cute dwarf.

The pics were taken before mummy was leaving to Thailand...

I love this photo too! I wonder how is the day of the kids when their parents are not around.
I have an student, she has 5 nannies, my goodness, this girl has so many problems, behivbour problems, that I wonder how it is for all this little royals around europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom