Austria-Este and the Heirs of the Duchy of Modena

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"King Philippe and his spouse Astrid"
"Lorenz and his brother Philippe"
:huh:

Yes, I noticed that as well. I guess the reason Lorenz' spouse didn't get a name was that his wife was already the spouse of her brother :whistling:.

Later on the article, they did manage to get the relationships right - although they still are convinced that his wife joined him (which could be true as not everyone was pictured but it could just as well be only Philippe who joined his sister's family).

Had any children of Lorenz and Astrid attended the funeral?

It was nice to see King Philippe present at the funeral Mass for the late Dowager Archduchess.

"King Philippe and his spouse Astrid"
"Lorenz and his brother Philippe"
:huh:

One could see that the writers did not have a clue as they also titlted it "Die Abdankung ..." instead of funeral.

Abdankung sounds sinister in Dutch ears: the Dutch word afdanken means more or less: to throw away, to make it out, to refute.

Abdankung sounds sinister in Dutch ears: the Dutch word afdanken means more or less: to throw away, to make it out, to refute.

It also sounded strange to me because outside of Switzerland, Abdankung means abdication to German speaking people. I did not realize it had a different or another meaning in Swiss German.

Thanks. Didn't know about that. Had even written this in Response on their Tweet. Wonder why did not clarify it there.

Well, the Swiss are very polite folks, but they can be quite "edgy", if one insinuates, that they don't speak proper German... So, no answer is perhaps the best answer.

Princess Astrid was with her sister in law Marie Beatrice , widow of Count Riprand von Zinneberg.

We have only a few pictures but I am sure that all her Children and Grandchildren attended

Thank you Iceflower. Very interesting as I never buy Point de Vue anymore !.
Sad we did not see the other Children of the Archduchess.

So there was a larger turn out than I had previously thought and interesting to note that the dowager Archduchess was buried alongside her husband at the family vault in Notre-Dame-de-Lorette.

So there was a larger turn out than I had previously thought and interesting to note that the dowager Archduchess was buried alongside her husband at the family vault in Notre-Dame-de-Lorette.

There is only one place left in the Kapuzinergruft in Vienna which is for archduchess Yolanda.

Back
Top Bottom