Spanish Royals at 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen dresses a blue suit, the color that today the Spanish team dresses, and repeats the red brooch and the scarf with the colors of the flag of the semi-final.

Very funny. Princess Letizia has said in the Spanish television that she and Princess Maxima are sat together, that both are very nervous and do not know if they will be able to contain the emotion. Also she has said that the little infantas will see the game with their spanish t-shirts and their faces painted.

Yes, Nadal is there, with his spanish T-shirt and the flag painted in his face, and also Pau Gasol. Both have been talking with the Prince and the Princess when the press was interviewing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm watching the closing ceremony right now and it seems that F&L are seated with WA&M together with the Queen Sofia and other VIP guests. It's good that Rafael Nadal is also in attendance. I really hope Spain wins the title but I think it will be a tight match since The Netherlands is also a very good and consistent team. Viva Espana!

There was a nice scene now: Letizia, Maxima, Felipe and Willem-Alexander hugging each other just before the beginning of the game :flowers:

I am watching the game right now and I have also seen the scene that Juanita mentioned. It's wonderful to see the royal families of the both countries support their teams and attend the game.

Great to see the Queen, Felipe and Letizia celebrating. Congratulations, Spain! Great team!
And Paul was right again, unbelievable!

SPAIN JUST WON THE WORLD CUP!!!FIRST TIME EVER,YEAH!!!!:spainflag2:

Queen Sofia got quite a few kisses (on the cheek) from the players. I guess you can break royal protocol for a world cup win.

They interviewed queen sofia on dutch television before the game, and she said both teams and countries were fabulous (always the diplomat). Does anybody know why the PoO was changing seats and sat next to the Spanish queen during the match? I believe that before the match he was next to his wife (who was forced to put up with our prime minister for two hours... Protocol maybe?

Does anybody know why the PoO was changing seats and sat next to the Spanish queen during the match? I believe that before the match he was next to his wife (who was forced to put up with our prime minister for two hours... Protocol maybe?

Queen Sophia and PoO sat in the same box as the president of South Africa. I assume the highest ranking visitors from Spain and the Netherlands sat with him.

I'm so happy for Spain! I like both, Spain and the Netherlands, but since Spain had never win a World Cup I wanted them to! :D

Hurraayyyy!!! ¡¡¡Viva España!!! I wish I could be there at the Puerta del Sol celebrating. This is really HISTORIC !!! And just thing that there were two monarchist countries who were there fighting for the championship! :flowers: Ddid you realize that, when the match was ended and there was fireworks, they formed the shape of a CROWN over the stadium ??? Of course, it was not what they wanted in purpose. And maybe it was only my subjectivity. :ROFLMAO:

¡¡¡¡Felicitaciones España!!! ¡¡¡Del Bosque para todo el mundoooo!!!

Vanesa.

:spainflag2::spainflag::spainstandard::royalrobes::coach::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

I'm so excited Spain won! I wonder how proud Sofia, Letizia, and Felipe must of felt, when Spain scored Letizia was the first to jump up and the whole SRF shared a loving embrace, after watching these videos you can definitely see that Letizia's a very happy person even if people think she's depressed and so on, and the way the queen was holding on to her when they were talkign to the media shows the good relationship they have. :)

I wonder if there's any official celebrations being planned in Madrid?

I watched the game on BBC last night and they did show the royals a lot.
But when we first saw them, the commentator didn't even mention there names. I had to explain to the people I was watching it with, who they were.

Congratulations to Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom