The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 08-02-2018, 11:33 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 56,653


Some more photos from today can also be found here:


** ppe gallery 1 ** ppe gallery 2 **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 08-02-2018, 04:06 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post
Is there any other photo opportunities planned this summer? At the sailing club, or another family outing?
Yesterday evening there was a concert with the regular appearances of Sofia, Felipe, Letizia and the girls - the photos have been posted by eya in the fashion threads. It wouldn't surprise me if there will be more photo opportunities than previously this summer, with cathedral-gate in mind.
__________________

__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 08-02-2018, 07:30 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 258
I think it's the grandmother (She, who does not resign herself to not being the center of attention after losing the only thing she had left that was being the queen) that is damaging her poor granddaughter, the princess Leonor.
She, in her role as victim, old and manipulative, makes her granddaughter submit. Leonor is old enough to guess that the consequences will be negative for her mother (with or without reason). The only culprit here is Sofia ... and the truth is already becoming exasperating and inhumane treatment towards her granddaughter. She, Leonor, is not a rag doll to catch the attention of the world. Leave it alone, because the photographers already want photos of Leonor ... not of Leonor with the claw of her grandmother holding her.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 08-03-2018, 03:15 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelarn View Post
I think it's the grandmother (She, who does not resign herself to not being the center of attention after losing the only thing she had left that was being the queen) that is damaging her poor granddaughter, the princess Leonor.
She, in her role as victim, old and manipulative, makes her granddaughter submit. Leonor is old enough to guess that the consequences will be negative for her mother (with or without reason). The only culprit here is Sofia ... and the truth is already becoming exasperating and inhumane treatment towards her granddaughter. She, Leonor, is not a rag doll to catch the attention of the world. Leave it alone, because the photographers already want photos of Leonor ... not of Leonor with the claw of her grandmother holding her.
Wondering why you see Leonor being 'damaged'? Sincere question. How is she being damaged? What is the 'inhumane' treatment Leonor is being subject to?

I am not disagreeing with your summation of the situation with Sofia (you may well be right, I don't know), but don't we all learn to be patient and careful with the elderly in our midst? It seems to me that Leonor has to be with her grandmother in public at rare intervals. So what that she is obliged to hold her grandmother's hand at these rare intervals? If Sofia is as you say then patience is required. Its good for a young person to learn that forbearance with the elderly.

Wondering, too, what are the negative consequences for Leonor's mother? Regarding what? I am familiar with the cathedral event. Sorry to be obtuse.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 08-03-2018, 03:33 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Wondering why you see Leonor being 'damaged'? Sincere question. How is she being damaged? What is the 'inhumane' treatment Leonor is being subject to?

I am not disagreeing with your summation of the situation with Sofia (you may well be right, I don't know), but don't we all learn to be patient and careful with the elderly in our midst? It seems to me that Leonor has to be with her grandmother in public at rare intervals. So what that she is obliged to hold her grandmother's hand at these rare intervals? If Sofia is as you say then patience is required. Its good for a young person to learn that forbearance with the elderly.

Wondering, too, what are the negative consequences for Leonor's mother? Regarding what? I am familiar with the cathedral event. Sorry to be obtuse.
Letizia's image in Spain is neutral at best, in general people either don't care or they don't like her, especially monarchists, they prefer the traditional Sofia. The incident in the cathedral, being perceived as rude towards her MIL, either confirmed the bad image most people already have of Letizia, or it became even more negative, with people who did not care about her before, now openly reject her.

But Leonor, whose image was clean and innocent until the cathedral incident, has been tarnished by both Queens arguing in public, because during the incident she slapped away her grandmother's hand, what was perceived by many as rude towards her grandma and was discussed in talkshows and social networks. Therefore, Leonor is now on special watch regarding her behaviour towards Sofia sr.

IMO the hand holding is part of an image campaign that started days after the publication of the cathedral videos, at the hospital, Letizia opening the car door for her MIL and Sofia walking hand in hand with the girls, and even though Sofia loves holding hands with her grandchildren, has been concentrating on Leonor especially after the cathedral incident.

IMO girls of 12 or 13 don't usually walk holding hands with their parents or grandparents, unless its casually for a moment but not like what we see here. With Sofia sr it might be for image reasons, but Leonor and Sofia jr are often seen holding hands with their parents as if they need guidance regarding what to do or where to stand in public, what comes across as insecure or not being used to mass media, a status that in my opinion should have passed by now.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 08-03-2018, 03:57 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Letizia's image in Spain is neutral at best, in general people either don't care or they don't like her, especially monarchists, they prefer the traditional Sofia. The incident in the cathedral, being perceived as rude towards her MIL, either confirmed the bad image most people already have of Letizia, or it became even more negative, with people who did not care about her before, now openly reject her.
Thank you for taking the time to go over this, Duke of Marmalade. Wondering what it means that Sofia is 'traditional'. What does that mean? And how is Letizia not traditional?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
But Leonor, whose image was clean and innocent until the cathedral incident, has been tarnished by both Queens arguing in public, because during the incident she slapped away her grandmother's hand, what was perceived by many as rude towards her grandma and was discussed in talkshows and social networks. Therefore, Leonor is now on special watch regarding her behaviour towards Sofia sr.
I see. Okay. Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
IMO the hand holding is part of an image campaign that started days after the publication of the cathedral videos, at the hospital, Letizia opening the car door for her MIL and Sofia walking hand in hand with the girls, and even though Sofia loves holding hands with her grandchildren, has been concentrating on Leonor especially after the cathedral incident.
I see. I was noticing that the younger Sofia was not holding hands with her grandmother, but the older Sofia was keenly looking at the younger Sofia. Do you think she wanted her hand, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
IMO girls of 12 or 13 don't usually walk holding hands with their parents or grandparents, unless its casually for a moment but not like what we see here.
I always thought it was a cultural thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
With Sofia sr it might be for image reasons, but Leonor and Sofia jr are often seen holding hands with their parents as if they need guidance regarding what to do or where to stand in public, what comes across as insecure or not being used to mass media, a status that in my opinion should have passed by now.
I wouldn't judge it too harshly myself. If both girls are gentle and shy I could see assurance being needed. Every child, every family, is different. Who's to say what? One never knows what goes on behind closed doors. They could be willful, or afraid of the cameras. It could be so layered. Insecurity pops up at the most inopportune moments, especially with children. They are developing. Sassy and full of themselves at 5 and 8 years of age and suddenly at 14 they are appalled at the camera lens. I could see that happening more often than not with these royal children.

As for Leonor herself, she is a Scorpio. Hang onto your hat! Deep waters there.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 08-03-2018, 04:53 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Thank you for taking the time to go over this, Duke of Marmalade. Wondering what it means that Sofia is 'traditional'. What does that mean? And how is Letizia not traditional?
Sofia is very popular with monarchists because of her role/service to Spain, she stood by JC and looked the other way, she is from the old guard to put duty first and seems to have sacrificed a lot, probably the way she was brought up as a born royal. Plus the image as doting grandmother.

Letizia is from a new generation, naturally, who is being perceived as doing her events as going through the motions, in Spain she has the image of not wanting to work on weekends, interpreting being Queen as 'job' with office hours, the rest is private life, not wanting to devote her life to Spain as her MIL.


Quote:
As for Leonor herself, she is a Scorpio. Hang onto your hat! Deep waters there.
Definitely - like her grandmother
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 08-03-2018, 06:20 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 19,649
According to the newspaper La Razůn, King Felipe and Queen Letizia went to dinner on Tuesday with two couples of friends.

https://twitter.com/cduerto/status/1025287975725420545

Day 5 - 37th Copa del Rey Mapfre Sailing Cup

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/dFBTl...re+Sailing+Cup

https://josepgegundez.photoshelter.c...00068aKG.mLQJ0
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 08-03-2018, 01:08 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,750
Look, any ďdamageĒ thatís been done to Leonorís image was done by her parents, end of story.

The hugely negative public reaction after the incident at Palma - towards Letizia but also somewhat towards Leonor - wasnít just because of the scene at the cathedral, although that was shocking in itself.

Letiziaís behaviour had been problematic for years. The perception that she was going through the motions at her work, such as it was, the all too often visibly bored or irritated expressions in public, the sometimes shockingly inappropriate clothing choices, the various other obvious and, to many, very off putting physical changes, the casually disrespectful gestures - walking by Sofia and a group of officials at a prior reception in Palma without acknowledging them, let alone stopping to speak to them, casually reapplying her lipstick in front of Felipe and I forget which senior government official at a formal public occasion, the obvious lack of enjoyment and lack of desire to hide her dislike for Palma for many years, (while having no trouble making use of the beautiful estate there which she and her husband donít actually own).

And then of course there was the lack of meaningful communication with the press, (and therefore the public), on the part of both Letizia and Felipe and their determination to keep the public appearances of their daughters to as close to zero as possible. Photographs only in very controlled, choreographed settings and certainly no uppity reporter better have the gall to actually speak to the girls!

They were certainly able to have their cake and eat it for years but, of course, what all the above meant was that neither Letizia nor the girls had any bank of goodwill built up with the Spanish population. People actively disliked Letizia and they had no idea what Leonor was actually like as a person. The Spanish press had likely been getting increasingly irritated for years by Felipe and Letiziaís attitude towards them and were all too happy to drop their usually protective stance towards Felipe and his family and let them see how bad things could get with a press actively working against them and the public cheering them on.

Trying to attribute Letizia and Leonorís current image problems to a grandmother holding her granddaughters hand or a ďbitter old womanĒ who canít give up the spot light is like trying to explain why the Titanic sank without mentioning the iceberg.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 08-03-2018, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: skokie, United States
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
Look, any ďdamageĒ thatís been done to Leonorís image was done by her parents, end of story.

The hugely negative public reaction after the incident at Palma - towards Letizia but also somewhat towards Leonor - wasnít just because of the scene at the cathedral, although that was shocking in itself.

Letiziaís behaviour had been problematic for years. The perception that she was going through the motions at her work, such as it was, the all too often visibly bored or irritated expressions in public, the sometimes shockingly inappropriate clothing choices, the various other obvious and, to many, very off putting physical changes, the casually disrespectful gestures - walking by Sofia and a group of officials at a prior reception in Palma without acknowledging them, let alone stopping to speak to them, casually reapplying her lipstick in front of Felipe and I forget which senior government official at a formal public occasion, the obvious lack of enjoyment and lack of desire to hide her dislike for Palma for many years, (while having no trouble making use of the beautiful estate there which she and her husband donít actually own).

And then of course there was the lack of meaningful communication with the press, (and therefore the public), on the part of both Letizia and Felipe and their determination to keep the public appearances of their daughters to as close to zero as possible. Photographs only in very controlled, choreographed settings and certainly no uppity reporter better have the gall to actually speak to the girls!

They were certainly able to have their cake and eat it for years but, of course, what all the above meant was that neither Letizia nor the girls had any bank of goodwill built up with the Spanish population. People actively disliked Letizia and they had no idea what Leonor was actually like as a person. The Spanish press had likely been getting increasingly irritated for years by Felipe and Letiziaís attitude towards them and were all too happy to drop their usually protective stance towards Felipe and his family and let them see how bad things could get with a press actively working against them and the public cheering them on.

Trying to attribute Letizia and Leonorís current image problems to a grandmother holding her granddaughters hand or a ďbitter old womanĒ who canít give up the spot light is like trying to explain why the Titanic sank without mentioning the iceberg.
You have a lot of negative comments about Queen Letizia. To write so much about a person indicates you think a lot about her. It is so obvious itís jealousy. I think Felipe is doing an excellent job as a king. He is dignified, hard working and is an example for others. Queen Letizia seems to be very tense. I wish she would relax and smile more often. I sense QL, wants to be perfect, an impossibility. I wish she could understand the people of Spain will judge her no matter how she acts, thus QL, be yourself in public. Accept your role and smile.
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 08-03-2018, 02:59 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,864
Spanish Royals Host A Dinner For Authorities In Palma De Mallorca
https://josepgegundez.photoshelter.c...00068aKG.mLQJ0
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 08-03-2018, 03:05 PM
Dalriada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 371
Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2017/2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
Look, any ďdamageĒ thatís been done to Leonorís image was done by her parents, end of story.



The hugely negative public reaction after the incident at Palma - towards Letizia but also somewhat towards Leonor - wasnít just because of the scene at the cathedral, although that was shocking in itself.



Letiziaís behaviour had been problematic for years. The perception that she was going through the motions at her work, such as it was, the all too often visibly bored or irritated expressions in public, the sometimes shockingly inappropriate clothing choices, the various other obvious and, to many, very off putting physical changes, the casually disrespectful gestures - walking by Sofia and a group of officials at a prior reception in Palma without acknowledging them, let alone stopping to speak to them, casually reapplying her lipstick in front of Felipe and I forget which senior government official at a formal public occasion, the obvious lack of enjoyment and lack of desire to hide her dislike for Palma for many years, (while having no trouble making use of the beautiful estate there which she and her husband donít actually own).



And then of course there was the lack of meaningful communication with the press, (and therefore the public), on the part of both Letizia and Felipe and their determination to keep the public appearances of their daughters to as close to zero as possible. Photographs only in very controlled, choreographed settings and certainly no uppity reporter better have the gall to actually speak to the girls!



They were certainly able to have their cake and eat it for years but, of course, what all the above meant was that neither Letizia nor the girls had any bank of goodwill built up with the Spanish population. People actively disliked Letizia and they had no idea what Leonor was actually like as a person. The Spanish press had likely been getting increasingly irritated for years by Felipe and Letiziaís attitude towards them and were all too happy to drop their usually protective stance towards Felipe and his family and let them see how bad things could get with a press actively working against them and the public cheering them on.



Trying to attribute Letizia and Leonorís current image problems to a grandmother holding her granddaughters hand or a ďbitter old womanĒ who canít give up the spot light is like trying to explain why the Titanic sank without mentioning the iceberg.


I agree! If you read the Spanish press over the last few years, it merely reflects a conservative notion among the populace that the current queen isnít quite making the mark and they have deep and truly earned respect for Reina Sofia especially looking at these summer holiday images that remind us of a happier time.x
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 08-03-2018, 03:18 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 19,649
In her first years as Queen, Sofia was also criticized. Now the Spanish press has made her the victim of the story, because every good story needs a victim... but one day things can change, and they can begin to comment on her negative things.


Photos

https://www.diariodemallorca.es/mult...almudaina.html

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...udaina-moda/2/

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...ofia_1601226#0

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6257678

Spanish Royals Host a Dinner for Authorities in Palma de Mallorca - Zimbio



Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 08-03-2018, 03:36 PM
Dalriada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 371
Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2017/2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
In her first years as Queen, Sofia was also criticized. Now the Spanish press has made her the victim of the story, because every good story needs a victim... but one day things can change, and they can begin to comment on her negative things.





Photos



https://www.diariodemallorca.es/mult...almudaina.html



https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...udaina-moda/2/



https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...ofia_1601226#0


Extraordinary observation since the ďfree pressĒ was relatively new when Sofia became Queen and all the Spaniards seemed to adore democratic JC and his consort. Do you mean she was criticised by the fascists who still pined for Francoís widow Dona Carmen? That criticism
Would be a very very good thing!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0057.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	301385
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 08-03-2018, 06:34 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia garcia roch View Post
You have a lot of negative comments about Queen Letizia. To write so much about a person indicates you think a lot about her. It is so obvious itís jealousy. I think Felipe is doing an excellent job as a king. He is dignified, hard working and is an example for others. Queen Letizia seems to be very tense. I wish she would relax and smile more often. I sense QL, wants to be perfect, an impossibility. I wish she could understand the people of Spain will judge her no matter how she acts, thus QL, be yourself in public. Accept your role and smile.
Envy of what, Julia? You must know that Iím far from a minority in not approving of Letiziaís performance as a royal.. Are all the many, many people who donít approve of her envious??

In the future Iíd ask you to please think twice before accusing another woman of envy towards a woman in the public eye. This is something Iíve noticed Letiziaís most enthusIastic fans do a lot and are doing it more frequently the less popular Letizia becomes. Calling another woman envious is a way to try to discredit her opinion without actually countering her argument. Itís also sometjing that would never be said to a man with the exact same position. Itís ok for a woman to be open about not approving of another woman for any number of reasons.

Iím sure there are some people who are envious of Letizia. Iím not one of them. I wouldnít choose a royal life for myself or my children. And I get the feeling that, if she could do things again, neither would Letizia. Someone who didnít get the life they thought they were getting and canít or wonít adapt gracefully is not to be envied.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 08-03-2018, 07:39 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: skokie, United States
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
Envy of what, Julia? You must know that Iím far from a minority in not approving of Letiziaís performance as a royal.. Are all the many, many people who donít approve of her envious??

In the future Iíd ask you to please think twice before accusing another woman of envy towards a woman in the public eye. This is something Iíve noticed Letiziaís most enthusIastic fans do a lot and are doing it more frequently the less popular Letizia becomes. Calling another woman envious is a way to try to discredit her opinion without actually countering her argument. Itís also sometjing that would never be said to a man with the exact same position. Itís ok for a woman to be open about not approving of another woman for any number of reasons.

Iím sure there are some people who are envious of Letizia. Iím not one of them. I wouldnít choose a royal life for myself or my children. And I get the feeling that, if she could do things again, neither would Letizia. Someone who didnít get the life they thought they were getting and canít or wonít adapt gracefully is not to be envied.

I stand by what I said. I will say it to a man or a woman. As you said your opinion I said mine.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 08-03-2018, 08:02 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Letizia's image in Spain is neutral at best, in general people either don't care or they don't like her, especially monarchists, they prefer the traditional Sofia.
.
Oh, I'm disappointed but I'm Spanish and I do not like the TRADITIONAL Sofia. Young or middle-aged people do not understand that a lady can support the lovers of her husband to remain a queen or that she defends her delinquent son-in-law, who does not know how to speak Spanish correctly ... or who demonstrates against gays. .. etc etc
In Spain there are many people who LOVE their kings, Felipe and Letizia, so I do not understand that of "neutral" but perhaps abroad I know more about my country than I do myself living in Spain. Only maybe.
Letizia is a young, modern, strong queen ... a woman of our time, not like Sofia, who is perceived as an old woman from another era.
You have respect for your age and because always, a woman miserable as Sofia has been, is perceived as a victim by a sector, but nothing more. I do not want to feel sorry for my queen. I prefer that they are strong passions.
PD: It's funny, but if you look closely, you'll see that not everyone who writes in Spanish is Spanish and therefore is not an opinion of Spain. It is the same as everyone who writes in English is not British; I hope you understand.
Sorry for my lousy English

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
e. This is something Iíve noticed Letiziaís most enthusIastic fans do a lot and are doing it more frequently the less popular Letizia becomes..
My sincere apologies, but why should my queen Letizia be popular abroad? It is enough that it is loved in Spain and my theory that it is the foreigners who most "hate" our queen, has a lot of base.
PS: "Hate" is obviously a joke.
Sorry for my bad English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
Extraordinary observation since the ďfree pressĒ was relatively new when Sofia became Queen and all the Spaniards seemed to adore democratic JC and his consort. Do you mean she was criticised by the fascists who still pined for Francoís widow Dona Carmen? That criticism
Would be a very very good thing!Attachment 301385
Ņfascists? Do the Fascists now hate Letizia? REALLY your speech is strange.
Sofia was simply the "Greek" or "Sofea" .. ugly means ugly.
Sofia always looked very cold and distant, unattractive, the Spaniards always knew that King JC had lovers and that she endured everything for ambition.
Who can admire such a person? But then, Felipe did not marry a princess who admitted lovers of her husband ... and the Spaniards suffered a strong shock with the change of roles. For the first time she was a Spanish queen for a long time, young, beautiful, divorced (this was not a problem), professional, a strong woman (accustomed to a weak woman of permissive character) Well ... there were many factors and it would be Very extensive for my bad English.
I can tell you that the Spanish queens have had a hard time being loved; Ena ... was a hated queen, and many lies were invented about her, only because she was not the daughter of kings ... and her marriage was seen as unequal. It seems that Spain has not changed in any way
The young and middle-aged people admit very well that Letizia is a young and strong woman, but they have to have the respect that age demands, for Sofia. Nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Wondering why you see Leonor being 'damaged'? Sincere question. How is she being damaged? What is the 'inhumane' treatment Leonor is being subject to?

I am not disagreeing with your summation of the situation with Sofia (you may well be right, I don't know), but don't we all learn to be patient and careful with the elderly in our midst? It seems to me that Leonor has to be with her grandmother in public at rare intervals. So what that she is obliged to hold her grandmother's hand at these rare intervals? If Sofia is as you say then patience is required. Its good for a young person to learn that forbearance with the elderly.

Wondering, too, what are the negative consequences for Leonor's mother? Regarding what? I am familiar with the cathedral event. Sorry to be obtuse.
Leonor is 12 years old but despite being a girl she also has her dignity and her personal freedom. his personal space ... and is being invaded tremendously by his hoarding grandmother. It is tremendous to assume this for a 12-year-old girl, and I do not like to see my princess suffer, future queen.
They will love their grandmother without a doubt, but in private it would be much better to be affectionate, not every time there is a camera in front of them.
You only have to see Leonor's face in the posed with her parents and with the exits with the grandmother holding her hand all the time (she did not even allow us to have a picture of the royal family, the four of them) Leonor was happy and safe responding to journalists at the press conference, but very contained and educated because she is aware of her role already. It is not insecurity but EDUCATION. And responsibility She wants to do everything well, because she is just like her father, according to the whole world: responsible and serene. When she was clinging to her grandmother, she did not look happy, although she tried and managed to separate herself a little and smile at the photographers. She is almost 13 years old and should not be treated like a rag doll, nor invade her space ... If she wants to shake hands with her father, mother or grandparents ... spontaneously, it's okay, but do not force a child to do something like that.
Any psychologist will be

And I think that Leonor and Sofia are not only super well educated, but they are fully aware and responsible for their roles, ... maybe because in Spain being a king is much more serious than in other countries and your attitude and your training matter a lot. your education ... and that is why when you are in front of the media you do not play being models or anything else. A princess and an infanta of Spain should behave like this: with responsibility from small, but at the right time.
Leonor is the excuse of the queen emeritus to remain the center in some way, since she lost everything. She is no longer queen, her grandchildren do not let her manipulate them, and her husband is always far away. Your son is king and now there is another queen. What's left for Sofia? The piety of the Spaniards, we always show to the elderly and hypocritically solidarity with those who have been unhappy.
Sofia is seen as unfortunate and society forgives her for it, when they used to insult her. That's how we are hypocrites.
I feel that it is my answer so extensive, but I did not want you to think that I did not want to answer you. It's just hard for me to do it in English.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 08-03-2018, 08:22 PM
carina_a's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 541
It's certainly very amusing reading the comments in this thread.

I've always thought Letizia was more popular in the foreign media/royal watching circle than in the domestic (due to her looks, fashion, etc... because why would they care about anything else?). To read that it might not be so... hmmmm....

Well, I think it's important to accept that your opinion and your perception of the popular opinion may not always be true. So, peace.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 08-03-2018, 08:37 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post
It's certainly very amusing reading the comments in this thread.

I've always thought Letizia was more popular in the foreign media/royal watching circle than in the domestic (due to her looks, fashion, etc... because why would they care about anything else?). To read that it might not be so... hmmmm....

Well, I think it's important to accept that your opinion and your perception of the popular opinion may not always be true. So, peace.
We are in a forum, which is not a means of communication.
Serious media have no need to invent and insult a person whose behavior is great ... regardless of whether you like your clothes or not: rofl:: rofl:
I speak of social networks, many that are written in Spanish but do not come from Spain ... Anyone who knows the language will be able to identify the difference ... Anyway, it is my opinion and I will always defend my queen, because there are no reasons for that. She is a great queen, she was a great princess of Asturias and she is a great mother and wife.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 08-03-2018, 09:12 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 6,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelarn View Post
We are in a forum, which is not a means of communication.
Serious media have no need to invent and insult a person whose behavior is great ... regardless of whether you like your clothes or not: rofl:: rofl:
I speak of social networks, many that are written in Spanish but do not come from Spain ... Anyone who knows the language will be able to identify the difference ... Anyway, it is my opinion and I will always defend my queen, because there are no reasons for that. She is a great queen, she was a great princess of Asturias and she is a great mother and wife.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And of course there are Spaniards who are in favour of Letizia (you are clearly one of them) and there are others who don't like her at all (they also have their reasons to come to a different conclusion) and there is probably a large group in between that doesn't really care.

While I think the handholding by SofŪa is over the top, we see Felipe and Letizia exhibiting comparing belittling behaviour towards the girls. Felipe touching his daughter's cheeks in front of the cameras stood out to me in the last photo call. Letizia managing her girls all the time almost anytime they are seen in public. It must not be easy for the girls to have such a control freak as a mother especially in their position.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer Holidays with the Swedish Royal Family: 2016-2020 An Ard Ri Royal House of Sweden 343 08-31-2020 10:05 AM
Christmas Holidays with the Spanish Royal Family Mary Anne Royal Family of Spain 87 01-02-2020 03:56 PM
Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2014 - 2016 lula Royal Family of Spain 433 09-09-2016 05:42 PM
Princess Astrid & Family; Summer Holidays in Brindisi, 2008 Paty Princess Astrid, Archduke Lorenz and Family 8 01-26-2010 11:42 AM




Popular Tags
america american history ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism biography britain british british royal family brownbitcoinqueen camilla china chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy doge of venice doll dubai duke of sussex family life family tree fashion and style george vi gustaf vi adolf hello! highgrove house of windsor imperial household italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery king edward vii king willem-alexander książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg mary: crown princess of denmark meghan markle monarchy nepalese royal jewels plantinum jubilee prince constantijn prince dimitri princess alexia (2005 -) princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess ribha queen consort queen mathilde queen maxima royal ancestry royal jewels serbian royal family solomon j solomon speech sussex suthida swedish queen taiwan tradition uae customs united states of america welsh wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×