The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-03-2018, 05:40 PM
Courtier

When I watched the video I was in shock. Also shocked by Leonor display? She's a future Queen.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

The truth, as ever, probably sits somewhere in the middle but it is uncomfortable watching. It, along with Marie Chantal's comments, certainly seem to suggest all is not well in the SRF. (Are we sure that is really MC's own twitter?!)

Old 04-03-2018, 05:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The video doesn’t portray anyone in a good light.
Letizia seems to want to prevent Sofia having a picture taken with her grand-daughters. Sofia looks like she’s ready to take those children away. As for Leonor I think Sofia must catch her when she trie to move Letizia out of the way which is way Leonor tries to push her off.

I mostly feel sorry for Felipe, watching his family crumble basically.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Courtier

Leonor is at an age where she does not want to be treated like a little girl.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah...that was a little uncomfortable to watch.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The video doesn’t portray anyone in a good light.
Letizia seems to want to prevent Sofia having a picture taken with her grand-daughters. Sofia looks like she’s ready to take those children away. As for Leonor I think Sofia must catch her when she trie to move Letizia out of the way which is way Leonor tries to push her off.

I mostly feel sorry for Felipe, watching his family crumble basically.
Before Letizia came, Leonor was fine and then her whole demeanor changed when her mother came.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Apparently Marie-Chantal of Greece has commented on the video somewhere saying that “no grandmother should be treated that way”.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:01 PM
Aristocracy

Goodness! I don't really follow the Spanish Royal Family, so knew nothing of this supposed rift. Does anyone on the Forum know any more than is stated in the article?
I'm so shocked by the interactions between the two Queens in the video clip, and how the poor Princesses are being pulled between them. Queen Sofia looks so upset, but we can't see Queen Letitia's face. We almost NEVER see Royals behaving like this - despite what's going on behind the scenes, and often there is quite a lot, they invariably put on the smiles and good grace.
Can things really be this bad? I fear this doesn't bode well for the future of the Spanish Royal Family.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

This tweet is where the video comes from: https://twitter.com/rabillodelojo/st...273479683?s=21
Old 04-03-2018, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Apparently Marie-Chantal of Greece has commented on the video somewhere saying that “no grandmother should be treated that way”.
The irony of Marie-Chantal of all people criticizing Letizia is .
Old 04-03-2018, 06:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
Goodness! I don't really follow the Spanish Royal Family, so knew nothing of this supposed rift. Does anyone on the Forum know any more than is stated in the article?
I'm so shocked by the interactions between the two Queens in the video clip, and how the poor Princesses are being pulled between them. Queen Sofia looks so upset, but we can't see Queen Letitia's face. We almost NEVER see Royals behaving like this - despite what's going on behind the scenes, and often there is quite a lot, they invariably put on the smiles and good grace.
Can things really be this bad? I fear this doesn't bode well for the future of the Spanish Royal Family.
Felipe needs to do something about this now. It was so uncomfortable to watch.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Princess Marie Chantal should keep her mouth shut as she wasn't there in person,granted it doesn't look good and was very uncomfortable to watch.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

More about Marie-Chantal's tweet. Reportedly she stated "No grandmother deserves that type of treatment! Wow she’s shown her true colours."

Marie-Chantal Miller, contra Letizia tras la pelea con Sofía: "Ha mostrado su verdadera cara" | Casa Real
Old 04-03-2018, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Princess Marie-Chantal won't be invited to Spain anytime soon ,I don't think Letizia is close with any of her Greek or Borbon relations so she probably won't care about those careless comments.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Yeah...that was a little uncomfortable to watch.

Yikes! That was not good...they should leave the kids out of any disagreement/dislike of each other.

LaRae
Old 04-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Majesty

I've read elsewherethat there is definitely a spat, there are tensions because Sophia continues to support Cristina. Sophia stays near her brother in Greece and also I think she sees a lot of members of the Greek royal family, hence MC interjecting herself into it. Not very edifying.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
Before Letizia came, Leonor was fine and then her whole demeanor changed when her mother came.
Hmmm I don't think so...neither girl looks fine if you look at their body language. Tense situation for sure.

LaRae
Old 04-03-2018, 06:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Hmmm I don't think so...neither girl looks fine if you look at their body language. Tense situation for sure.

LaRae
What makes it even more shocking is that they had just left an Easter mass .
Old 04-03-2018, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's only a 15 second clip, and we don't know what was actually happening or what had happened in private, but the video was indeed very uncomfortable to watch. I don't think it was appropriate for Marie Chantal to insert herself publicly like that, but it doesn't surprise me that she's taking Queen Sofia's side. Sofia seems to remain very close with the Greek side of the family, while Felipe and Letizia seem decidedly less so. Have the Greek royals continued to support/interact with Cristina? I know that she was also very close with that side of the family, and that could also be one source of tension between the different factions. It's pretty clear that relationships have been tense in the SRF, especially since Crisitina and Inaki's scandal, but it's very sad that the girls have seemingly been caught up in it now.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

No one should of spoken about it in public setting. All families have their issues...but you don't tell the world about it!

After an Easter Mass too..especially sad.

LaRae

Tags
aristocracy, felipe vi, froilán de marichalar, juan carlos, juan urdangarín, miguel urdangarin, monarchy, pablo urdangarín, queen sofia, relationships, sofia (1938 -), spain, spanish royal family, victoria de marichalar