Royal Jewels by Harry Winston

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

constance

Commoner
City
Manila
Country
Philippines
Harry Winston is one of the leading suppliers of jewelry to royalty.

Please post your favorite pieces and include descriptions, details, etc when possible.

Does anyone know who made the charm bracelet often worn by the Duchess of Windsor. It was a series of crosses in different colors. The Duke of Windsor gave her a different colored crucifix for different occasions and events. She wore it to her wedding to the Duke. Out of all her jewelry, that is my favorite and the Duchess has been a favorite of mine as well. By the way, when it was auctioned off at Geneva, along with a lot of her other jewelry, who bought that piece. I would love to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the auction catalogue, the bracelet was made by Cartier. I don't know if the name of the buyer was ever made public, but maybe someone else can help you.

BTW, I think we have some Duchess of Windsor avatars in our British avatar gallery if you're interested in helping yourself to one.

Empress Farah Diba diamond emerald suite was made by Cartier, no Harry Winston!!!

Those big hair-dos in the 1960's certainly showed off those massive tiaras to their full glory!

Those big hair-dos in the 1960's certainly showed off those massive tiaras to their full glory!

I know! Actually, it surprises me that the tiaras didn't get lost in all that hair;).

I have to admit, the Empress' emerald tiara is not one of my favorites. Maybe it's the shape of the base or those emeralds popping up, but I never particularly cared for it.

Last edited:
Wallis, I read rumors that Madonna bought that particular bracelet. She likes crosses and was also supposedly a big fan of the Duchess of Windsor.

Harry Winston designed many spectacular jewels for Royals.

Back
Top Bottom