HM Queen Elizabeth II​ - Rest In Peace
The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #961  
Old 06-28-2021, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Thank you for the link.

Although a modified version, it does look nice on her.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #962  
Old 06-29-2021, 05:04 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 7,177
Why did this Branch sold recently their sapphire jewels? Are they in money need.?
The Royals will keep one tiara for the Weddings .
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #963  
Old 06-29-2021, 08:42 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 6,011
I assume that the pandemic took it's toll. Keeping up an ancient castle is always costly, and with the pandemic stopping income from visitors... I can imagine that this was part of the reason they decided to sell their gorgeous sapphire jewels.

It's amazing how similar the Prussian and the Hohenzollern coronets are. And both families came up with a similar idea to mount the clover elements on a separate tiara frame to make it more wearable in modern days.

I know that Princess Kira wore the Prussian clover tiara in 1962 at the silver wedding anniversary of Queen Juliana. But I wonder how old the Sigmaringen tiara version is. It was first seen in public in 2017. But maybe it is older than that?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #964  
Old 06-29-2021, 09:54 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 6,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

I know that Princess Kira wore the Prussian clover tiara in 1962 at the silver wedding anniversary of Queen Juliana. But I wonder how old the Sigmaringen tiara version is. It was first seen in public in 2017. But maybe it is older than that?

I think the last time the coronet Version was worn in 1968 by Angela von Morgen at her Wedding to Prince Ferfried. It was also included it an exhibtion abouit gown at the Castle in 2011 where i have seen it. But that doesn't mean that the tiara Version has existed at that time and perhaps worn to Wedding Ball's from which we didn't get to see pics. The first wife of the present Fürst however seems to have preferred not to wear tiara's as i have seen pics of her attending Ball's without a tiara when other ladies have worn them (for example the 1993 Württemberg/Wied Wedding Ball).
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #965  
Old 06-29-2021, 10:46 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 6,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think the last time the coronet Version was worn in 1968 by Angela von Morgen at her Wedding to Prince Ferfried. It was also included it an exhibtion abouit gown at the Castle in 2011 where i have seen it. But that doesn't mean that the tiara Version has existed at that time and perhaps worn to Wedding Ball's from which we didn't get to see pics. The first wife of the present Fürst however seems to have preferred not to wear tiara's as i have seen pics of her attending Ball's without a tiara when other ladies have worn them (for example the 1993 Württemberg/Wied Wedding Ball).
There were two sapphire tiaras in the family at the time of the Fürst's first marriage. So, not wearing a tiara must indeed have been a personal choice of the Fürstin. I agree that it doesn't indicate that the new frame was created after that.

It would have been such a pity to break up the old coronet for good. Maybe the the clover elements were always removable and can easily put back. I hope that they didn't have to break up the coronet in order to reuse the diamonds for the new frame, and then sell of the remaining diamonds and metal.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #966  
Old 08-24-2021, 07:21 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Angola
Posts: 5,102
Hello, I'm new to this special thread, gorgeous but didn't have the time to go though the 960 posts, so if it had been answered sorry.
Any idea about the jewelry late Pcs Cecilie is wearing, especially the pic no 2?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQb8ig9H...dium=copy_link

Instagram page :royalsofgreece


The Royals Community mobile app[/URL]
Reply With Quote
  #967  
Old 08-25-2021, 07:53 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Hello, I'm new to this special thread, gorgeous but didn't have the time to go though the 960 posts, so if it had been answered sorry.
Any idea about the jewelry late Pcs Cecilie is wearing, especially the pic no 2?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQb8ig9H...dium=copy_link

Instagram page :royalsofgreece
In the second picture, she is wearing diamond and emerald Hesse-Darmstadt tiara, not to be confused with other diamond and emerald tiara belonging to the Hesse-Kassel line.

In the first picture she is wearing Hesse stars tiara:

https://royal-magazin.de/german/hess...ara-diadem.htm
Reply With Quote
  #968  
Old 08-25-2021, 11:41 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Angola
Posts: 5,102
Thank you @Marc23 . Very interesting link. The parure in the pic 2, is exceptionally beautiful. The princess also. Such a pity for the bad destiny they had.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #969  
Old 08-25-2021, 08:06 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
The parure in the pic 2, is exceptionally beautiful.
Whereabouts unknown :(

https://members2.boardhost.com/royal...406139499.html
Reply With Quote
  #970  
Old 09-22-2021, 08:07 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,835
Princess Patricia Anne "Honeychile" zu Hohenlohe-Waldenburg-Schillingsfürst, born Wilder (1913-1995) wearing an diamond unknown tiara:

https://scontent.fbeg5-1.fna.fbcdn.n...93&oe=61701EE6
Reply With Quote
  #971  
Old 09-25-2021, 02:00 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,835
Princess Marie Astrid of Liechtenstein wearing Kinsky tiara at her wedding to Ralph Worthtington:

https://images.ecestaticos.com/9XWUD...104e358996.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #972  
Old 10-04-2021, 01:39 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,835
Countess Tatjana von Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenems wearing a necklace/tiara that supposedly belonged to her ancestress Empress Sissi:

https://www.nettyroyal.nl/engagement...e-in-hohenems/
Reply With Quote
  #973  
Old 10-04-2021, 03:31 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 35,481
It works very beautifully as a wedding tiara.
Reply With Quote
  #974  
Old 10-05-2021, 06:09 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,835
Countesses von Schönburg-Glauchau wearing tiaras during the gala organized for the 80th birthday of late Countess Beatrix in Castle St. Emmeram in Regensburg (2010):

https://www.mittelbayerische.de/imgs...68/779x467.jpg

First photo: We can see Carl-Alban, Gloria, Maya, Beatrix, Juliette, Alexander and Irina von Schönburg-Glauchau.

https://www.mittelbayerische.de/imgs...69/460x276.jpg

Second photo: Maya, Beatrix and her daughter in law Juliette all wearing tiaras.

Does anyone know anything about the tiaras they are wearing?

Countess Beatrix is wearing her wedding tiara I assume, while Gloria has her ruby tiara. Maya, Juliette and Irina?
Reply With Quote
  #975  
Old 10-05-2021, 07:05 AM
prince.of.preslav's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 204
Is Countess Beatrix wearing the same tiara as the one usually worn by Countess Marie Luise (born Princess of Prussia)?
Irina von Schönburg-Glauchau seems to have borrowed the emerald tiara from the TnT collection.
Reply With Quote
  #976  
Old 10-05-2021, 07:15 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.of.preslav View Post
Is Countess Beatrix wearing the same tiara as the one usually worn by Countess Marie Luise (born Princess of Prussia)?
Irina von Schönburg-Glauchau seems to have borrowed the emerald tiara from the TnT collection.
Thank you for your answer! Good point about emerald tiara...

But Princess Marie Louise and her family live in Spain, it would be very inconvenient for them to borrow that tiara.

There is a similar tiara, owned by the Schönburg-Glauchau family which Countess Beatrix wore for her wedding:

http://photos.geni.com/p13/cb/1d/78/...trix_large.jpg

And Irina also:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/97...335d49a3ac.jpg

Could it be that tiara?
Reply With Quote
  #977  
Old 10-05-2021, 07:52 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 6,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post

There is a similar tiara, owned by the Schönburg-Glauchau family which Countess Beatrix wore for her wedding:



https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/97...335d49a3ac.jpg

Could it be that tiara?

Irina did not wear the Schönburg-Glauchau tiara for her Wedding but a Hesse on which was also worn by her mother for her Wedding in the 60's.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #978  
Old 10-05-2021, 08:02 AM
prince.of.preslav's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 204
Countess Irina wore a Hesse tiara, the same which her mother wore. Her wedding earrings have a very strong resemblance to the Schönburg-Glauchau ones which Princess Marie Louise and her daughter have worn on occassion.
My idea is these might be THE Schönburg-Glauchau jewels, hence they are being kept in Germany (ML has little use of a tiara in Marbella).

On a side note - Princess Marie Louise wore the diamond hoop necklace from Countess Beatrix's wedding picture as a bandeau at the gala after her own wedding.
Reply With Quote
  #979  
Old 10-05-2021, 08:27 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Irina did not wear the Schönburg-Glauchau tiara for her Wedding but a Hesse on which was also worn by her mother for her Wedding in the 60's.
Yes, thank you for reminding me. I now remember that those two are two different tiaras. :)
Reply With Quote
  #980  
Old 10-05-2021, 08:31 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.of.preslav View Post
Countess Irina wore a Hesse tiara, the same which her mother wore. Her wedding earrings have a very strong resemblance to the Schönburg-Glauchau ones which Princess Marie Louise and her daughter have worn on occassion.
My idea is these might be THE Schönburg-Glauchau jewels, hence they are being kept in Germany (ML has little use of a tiara in Marbella).

On a side note - Princess Marie Louise wore the diamond hoop necklace from Countess Beatrix's wedding picture as a bandeau at the gala after her own wedding.
Tough to tell which tiara is it, as both look similar. Yes, she is wearing the same necklace :) but the wedding ball was held in Donaueschingen (Germany) so it wasn't that hard to wear the jewels if they are kept in Germany.

Any idea about the tiaras of Maya and Juliette?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Avatars of German-Austrian Royals Her_Majesty Royal Families of Austria and Germany 22 02-23-2022 11:47 AM
The German-Austrian Royal, Princely and Mediatised Families & their Heads Marengo Royal Families of Austria and Germany 26 04-29-2021 03:26 AM
German & Austrian Royalty and Nobility Ritka Royal Library 75 11-04-2020 02:29 AM
Other German/Austrian News Sites Harold Royal Families of Austria and Germany 3 02-09-2008 01:24 AM




Popular Tags
#uae #abudhabirullingfamily 18th birthday abdullah ii albert prince consort all tags arcadie arcadie claret austria british royal family brythonic assoc. non-reigning houses +- cadwallader camilla caribbean castile charles charles iii claret congo current events danish royal family death denmark duarte pio dubai expo duchess of kent duke of cambridge elizabeth ii garsenda general news guzman hamdan bin ahmed india ingrid-alexandra introduction ivrea jordan royal family king charles king edward iii king henry iii king philippe king willem-alexander leopold ier louis mountbatten maria ii matrilineal monarchy mountbatten need help noble families norway crown princely couple official visit order of precedence orleans-braganza pedro ii portugal prince andrew prince charles prince of wales princess of orange queen camilla queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima republics restoration samurai state visit tokugawa uae visit


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises
×