The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-28-2021, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Thank you for the link.

Although a modified version, it does look nice on her.

Old 06-29-2021, 05:04 AM
Majesty

Why did this Branch sold recently their sapphire jewels? Are they in money need.?
The Royals will keep one tiara for the Weddings .

Old 06-29-2021, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

I assume that the pandemic took it's toll. Keeping up an ancient castle is always costly, and with the pandemic stopping income from visitors... I can imagine that this was part of the reason they decided to sell their gorgeous sapphire jewels.

It's amazing how similar the Prussian and the Hohenzollern coronets are. And both families came up with a similar idea to mount the clover elements on a separate tiara frame to make it more wearable in modern days.

I know that Princess Kira wore the Prussian clover tiara in 1962 at the silver wedding anniversary of Queen Juliana. But I wonder how old the Sigmaringen tiara version is. It was first seen in public in 2017. But maybe it is older than that?
Old 06-29-2021, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

I know that Princess Kira wore the Prussian clover tiara in 1962 at the silver wedding anniversary of Queen Juliana. But I wonder how old the Sigmaringen tiara version is. It was first seen in public in 2017. But maybe it is older than that?

I think the last time the coronet Version was worn in 1968 by Angela von Morgen at her Wedding to Prince Ferfried. It was also included it an exhibtion abouit gown at the Castle in 2011 where i have seen it. But that doesn't mean that the tiara Version has existed at that time and perhaps worn to Wedding Ball's from which we didn't get to see pics. The first wife of the present Fürst however seems to have preferred not to wear tiara's as i have seen pics of her attending Ball's without a tiara when other ladies have worn them (for example the 1993 Württemberg/Wied Wedding Ball).

Old 06-29-2021, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think the last time the coronet Version was worn in 1968 by Angela von Morgen at her Wedding to Prince Ferfried. It was also included it an exhibtion abouit gown at the Castle in 2011 where i have seen it. But that doesn't mean that the tiara Version has existed at that time and perhaps worn to Wedding Ball's from which we didn't get to see pics. The first wife of the present Fürst however seems to have preferred not to wear tiara's as i have seen pics of her attending Ball's without a tiara when other ladies have worn them (for example the 1993 Württemberg/Wied Wedding Ball).
There were two sapphire tiaras in the family at the time of the Fürst's first marriage. So, not wearing a tiara must indeed have been a personal choice of the Fürstin. I agree that it doesn't indicate that the new frame was created after that.

It would have been such a pity to break up the old coronet for good. Maybe the the clover elements were always removable and can easily put back. I hope that they didn't have to break up the coronet in order to reuse the diamonds for the new frame, and then sell of the remaining diamonds and metal.
Old 08-24-2021, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Hello, I'm new to this special thread, gorgeous but didn't have the time to go though the 960 posts, so if it had been answered sorry.
Any idea about the jewelry late Pcs Cecilie is wearing, especially the pic no 2?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQb8ig9H...dium=copy_link

Instagram page :royalsofgreece

The Royals Community mobile app[/URL]
Old 08-25-2021, 07:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Hello, I'm new to this special thread, gorgeous but didn't have the time to go though the 960 posts, so if it had been answered sorry.
Any idea about the jewelry late Pcs Cecilie is wearing, especially the pic no 2?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQb8ig9H...dium=copy_link

Instagram page :royalsofgreece
In the second picture, she is wearing diamond and emerald Hesse-Darmstadt tiara, not to be confused with other diamond and emerald tiara belonging to the Hesse-Kassel line.

In the first picture she is wearing Hesse stars tiara:

https://royal-magazin.de/german/hess...ara-diadem.htm
Old 08-25-2021, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you @Marc23 . Very interesting link. The parure in the pic 2, is exceptionally beautiful. The princess also. Such a pity for the bad destiny they had.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-25-2021, 08:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
The parure in the pic 2, is exceptionally beautiful.
Whereabouts unknown :(

https://members2.boardhost.com/royal...406139499.html

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery