Changing an url link to a word or words

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oppie

Courtier
City
Ottawa
Country
Canada
Not sure if I can explain this right but how can I make the link in my sig line be in words rather than www.blahblah.....

Like the mods have with the Forum Rules ?

Write the name you want to use for the picture (for example Queen Rania), select it, then click on this
createlink.gif
sign and enter the address (http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i152/Tais419/QueenRania3.jpg). That must do the trick. You will get Queen Rania.

Or you can use the other way:
[ url=http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i152/Tais419/QueenRania3.jpg ]Queen Rania[ /url ] (remove the spaces before and after [])

Last edited:
You are welcome, Oppie :flowers:

A step by step on how to link using words- hopefully this will help somewhat.

- Some like to just post the URL- for example http://hellomagazine.com/ Others may want to put the URL like this Hello!

Take the word that you want to use- for this example I'll use Hello! - Highlight the word

Step.jpg

Go to the button that looks like a globe with a chain at the top of the screen

Step2.jpg

A screen should appear so you can put http://hellomagazine.com/ into the grey box

Step3.jpg

after your done, the word will be linked

Last edited:
i've been longing to ask the same question...thanks Avalon and Lady Jennifer for the tips! ;)

RhapsodyBrat said:
i've been longing to ask the same question...thanks Avalon and Lady Jennifer for the tips! ;)

They must have read also my mind.:flowers:

Thanks a lot, kids!:flowers: :wub:

Oppie said:
Not sure if I can explain this right but how can I make the link in my sig line be in words rather than www.blahblah.....

Like the mods have with the Forum Rules ?

We have these special powers, you see...:ROFLMAO:

We have these special powers, you see...:ROFLMAO:

Oh I know you do, oh great ! closer of threads and mergers of posts.

I must have tried to ask this question four or five times, but I couldn't figure out how to ask it, at one point the title line just said ELSPETH POST HERE ! so I could copy your post and ask how do you do that.

I have to say though, I went out and I guess I left this thread open, came home at 3am a tad tipsy. I think I stared at Lady Jennifer post for about half an hour, I could not understand what was going on. :ROFLMAO:

Oppie said:
I have to say though, I went out and I guess I left this thread open, came home at 3am a tad tipsy. I think I stared at Lady Jennifer post for about half an hour, I could not understand what was going on. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for that chuckle Oppie. I've done that before myself- not with this forum, but other sites....
:ROFLMAO: :flowers:

I've been trying to make a link by using words, but each time I click on the icon with the chain, all I can get is a blank window that opens for me.
Can anyone explain what's going on, please? Is it my computer???
Thanks!!!

Tosca said:
I've been trying to make a link by using words, but each time I click on the icon with the chain, all I can get is a blank window that opens for me.
Can anyone explain what's going on, please? Is it my computer???
Thanks!!!

Before clicking on the chain icon, you must highlight the word you want to make linked. After that click the chain icon. You will get the blank window, where you must insert there the URL address (the link).
And have a look at Lady Jennifer's post (the last picture she posted shows that blank window and what you must do).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I have a question: how and what steps that I need to do to "quote" someome message?

Please help! Thank you in advance

kimlan said:
I have a question: how and what steps that I need to do to "quote" someome message?

Please help! Thank you in advance

You can do it 3 ways
Type in this:
["QUOTE"][/"QUOTE"]
But remove the "" marks that are around the Quote
Or use the button that looks like a bubble that you would see on a cartoon. Its the 4th button from the end on the right side (when you use the Post reply button. If you do a quick reply its the last button- next to the insert image button)
The 3rd way- which I forgot to include in this thread is when you want to quote a member there should be a quote button in the person's post.

Thank you very much Lady Jennifer! :flowers:

Avalon said:
Before clicking on the chain icon, you must highlight the word you want to make linked. After that click the chain icon. You will get the blank window, where you must insert there the URL address (the link).
And have a look at Lady Jennifer's post (the last picture she posted shows that blank window and what you must do).

Hope this helps.

Avalon, I always highlight the words before clicking on the icon, but what appears is a completely blank window.
Thanks, anyway!

Tosca said:
Avalon, I always highlight the words before clicking on the icon, but what appears is a completely blank window.
Thanks, anyway!
When I was posting photo's I wasn't able to make it work either with a moderator's instructions.

Tosca said:
Thanks, anyway!

So you don't get the box that tells you to type in the address? In that case, just do this:

[ url="http://www.yahoo.com" ]Yahoo[ /url ]

The word(s) in between the tags will be linked to the site in the tags. Just eliminate the spaces in the brackets.

When you post a link to one of the Fashion threads when your trying to show other members the outfit of a royal. How do you change the name of the link so that it says "Full View" or "Close Up" etc?

When you post a link to one of the Fashion threads when your trying to show other members the outfit of a royal. How do you change the name of the link so that it says "Full View" or "Close Up" etc?

Type the word you want to be linked. So if you want to a a link to Full View -
1. type the word
2. highlight it
3. Click on the insert link button (the blue ball on the format area) & paste your link & click ok.

Thank You for the answer Dazzling.

what app. to use to do this?

Hello everyone (newbee) So how would one do this on a social media page etc.?

Back
Top Bottom