Foundation Lalla Salma: Prevention and Treatment of Cancers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How interesting! How will she cooperate ? I mean...what should be her cooperation to fight cancer? Maybe will she give money for new researchs? I'm very interested in this issue, since I knew a lot of people who died from this awful disease and I'm happy if someone could do something concrete to stop it.

Vanesa.:flowers:
well i think she look for support and Collaboration with other associations around the world.

Maghreb Arabe Presse: WHO chief hails anti-cancer association in Morocco
WHO chief hails anti-cancer association in Morocco
Geneva, Aug. 30 - The Director General of the World Health Organization (WHO), Margaret Chan praised on Friday the work of Morocco's Lalla Salma Association to Fight Cancer (ALSC), led by princess Lalla Salma, spouse of king Mohammed VI.

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Princess Lalla Salma partakes in world summit on cancer
Princess Lalla Salma partakes in world summit on cancer
Geneva, Aug. 30 - Princess Lalla Salma, goodwill ambassador and chairwoman of the Lalla Salma Association to Fight Cancer (ALSC), has taken part, here Saturday, in the Leader's Summit on cancer, which issued the "World Declaration on Cancer".
photo: http://i33.tinypic.com/28m0byo.jpg

:: 2M.tv :: VIDEO : :
Have a look at the moroccan channel 2M. You can watch alakhbar soir of 29 august as well as alakhbar of 30 of august. Both videos contain a reportage on Lalla Salma's activities in Geneva.

alot of pictures of Lalla salma on summit HERE just click on 2008.08.30 - World Cancer Summit and follow the arrow.

Thanksfor the link.

I'm really glad Salma's association is starting to take shape and is getting involved with international events like these. The more involved she can get the greater the future benefits. I don't like the jacket, the shiny material is horrible and a bit much for a daytime event.

I think I spotted Princess Dina, wife of Prince Raad in some of the photos.

Thanksfor the link.

I'm really glad Salma's association is starting to take shape and is getting involved with international events like these. The more involved she can get the greater the future benefits. I don't like the jacket, the shiny material is horrible and a bit much for a daytime event.

I think I spotted Princess Dina, wife of Prince Raad in some of the photos.
Perhaps a shiny jacket is irrelevant to working at this World Cancer event.

Perhaps a shiny jacket is irrelevant to working at this World Cancer event.
Well it certainly doesn't look professional. If she wants to be taken seriously she needs to dress the part as well.

I agree that the jacket isn't very good choice,inappropriate and looks horrible for day duties,but that doesn't mean she will not be taken seriously they are not shallow to focus only her looks and not her and association's work,the look is part of personality not all the personality .

Well it certainly doesn't look professional. If she wants to be taken seriously she needs to dress the part as well.
She looks very elegant. If someone has problem with taking her seriously they shouldn't be there - or they haven't attended meetings with highprofile people and therefor are applying standards that are irrelevant.

Now that that’s settled, let’s move on shall we?

Thank You

lovely photos she looks great and very professional thanks for posting:flowers:
yes Little_star i think is Princess Dina with Lalla Salma in some photos,seems they get long well together:)

another photo of the meeting with The Director General of the World Health Organization
http://i34.tinypic.com/2ij58xj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is wonderful that Lalla Salma devotes so much of her time to such an important cause. She is an intelligent woman, who is using her mind and position to try to accomplish something that will help everyone in the world.

I'm really glad Salma's association is starting to take a shape , and proud of our princess because she play an important role in this assocition to help otheres , help otheres is on of the qualities of the true princess , thanks for our 'queen ' lala salma

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Princess Lalla Salma arrives in Cairo
Cairo, Oct. 10 (MAP) - Princess Lalla Salma, Goodwill Ambassador for the World Health Organization (WHO) and chairwoman of the Lalla Salma Association to Fight Cancer (ALSC), arrived, Friday afternoon, in Cairo to attend the opening ceremony of the Fifty-fifth Session of the Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean, slated...

Is she going to be taking an active role or is it likely she will be there more as an observer?

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Eastern Mediterranean countries should make fighting smoking a priority, Princess Lalla salma
"Eastern Mediterranean countries should make fighting smoking a priority" Princess Lalla salma
Cairo, Oct. 11 (MAP) - Princess Lalla Salma, Goodwill Ambassador for the World Health Organization (WHO) and chairwoman of the Lalla Salma Association to Fight Cancer (ALSC), called on the countries of the eastern Mediterranean to make the fight against smoking a top priority and to consider cancer prevention and treatment a major national and global concern.

Where did this take plae in Morocco or in Egypt? and what was the meeting for/about?
in Egypt Lalla Salma attended there the the official opening ceremony of the 55-th session of the WHO Regional Committee for Eastern Mediterranean,you can previews my post:)

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Princess Lalla Salma inaugurates cancer center in Casablanca
Casablanca, Nov. 1 (MAP) - Princess Lalla Salma, spouse of king Mohammed VI, inaugurated on Saturday an Oncology Center at the Casablanca university hospital of Ibn Rochd.

photo: http://i36.tinypic.com/2zz46ef.jpg:smile:

I think it is so wonderful that Lalla Salma has put so much time and energy into helping those affected by cancer. She really seems to care about this important issue, and it shows in her foundation work and appearances.

this the Oncology Center that she and her husband the king lunch the construction a two years ago, there is some follow-up for the projects the assocition start that's great.

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Princess Lalla Salma inaugurates pediatric oncology center in Casablanca
Casablanca, 21 Nov.2008 (MAP) - Princess Lalla Salma, chairwoman of Lalla Salma Association Against Cancer (ALSC), inaugurated, here Friday, a $ 760,000 center of hematology and pediatric oncology and launched the "hospital without tobacco" program.
photo: http://i35.tinypic.com/35d6cmf.jpg

english article:
Maghreb Arabe Presse: 2008 ALSC prizes awarded to Harald Zur Hausen, Abdessadek Rabieh
Rabat, 23 Nov. 2008 (MAP) - Princess Lalla Salma, chairwoman of Lalla Salma Association Against Cancer (ALSC), on Saturday presided over the award ceremony of national and international ALSC prizes, on the occasion of the national day against cancer.

Maghreb Arabe Presse: SAR La princesse Lalla Salma inaugure le service de médecine nucléaire de Casablanca et lance le programme de dépistage du cancer
Princess Lalla Salma, President of the Association Lalla Salma against cancer (ALSC), a process Monday afternoon in Casablanca, at the inauguration of the service of nuclear medicine CHU Ibn Rushd and the launch of the program of breast cancer screening by mammography mobile in the Region.
photo: http://i33.tinypic.com/nh02fa.jpg
seems Lalla Salma have busy week from Rabat to Casablanca:)

article about Lalla Salma work and association: http://74.53.192.83/
translation:
Princess Lalla Salma continue her efforts to fight cancer by an association carrying her name, these efforts did not come from the role of first ladies used Brotakuli by kings and presidents to put a human face on power. but roots for the First Lady in Morocco go back to boyhood days when the dreaded disease abducted the «mother Princess» and her daughter are still in the four-year-old.
Lalla Salma chair of the Association to fight cancer is not only ceremonial, say some sources, which adds, that Lalla Salma is the «Dynamo of Association, where she insists to folow and protects the track of all activities and work both at home and abroad». In the same vein, says Noordin Ayosh: «Lalla Salma's work for the Associaton is classified of excellenceة,democracy,seriousnessةand high professionalism».Ayosh added that the Princess believes in the role of all members of its Board of Directors, so they do not hesitate to take their views in small and large. and as engineer,the princess adopts a distinct method in technical management, where she attend most meetings of the Board of Directors, and discussed with members of business strategy and value as well. by this distinct method of operation, says Ayosh, the Association has gained major national and international prestige, as the Princess does not hesitate in the use of international expertise in this area.
Since her establishment, Lalla Salma association to fight cancer started to ensure in patients,through the system of «the house of life» wich caring for patients, providing medicines and support the various sections of cancer major hospitals by providing them with the latest equipment, work to reduce the cost of medicine, in addition to other activities . This requires substantial financial support, the state is not contributing anything, say Noordin Ayosh, but on the contrary benefit from it.
And financial support of Lalla Salma association is often offered by companies and institutions, which is keen to support the wife of the King work, as well as international assistance, particularly from the Gulf states. To avoid any financial imbalance,Princess Lalla Salma tressed that global companies take care of the financial control of her Association periodically.
Officially the actual number of Moroccans living with cancer tumors is unaware, but the Lalla Salma believes that the number ranges between 35 and 50 thousand cases a year, but the absence of diagnostic and treatment centers in major cities hamper the efforts of doctors to limit the number of people are real.
Princess Lalla Salma, wife of King Mohammed VI bring attention once again to the number of injured people by the «malignant disease» in Morocco, during her presidency of the combined work of the General Assocition Lalla Salma to fight cancer, on Saturday, a combination which coincided with National Day To fight cancer. The Dr. Albachoci that say new medicines for cancer treatment available in the local market, although expensive, pointing out that the system of compulsory health coverage enabled injured people to take advantage of compensation for the expenses of the expensive treatment,Albachoci said: «the patient had to pay 20 000 dirhams to take advantage of one of the treatment chemicals, and now, following the adoption of the compulsory health coverage the patient pays only 100 dirhams for treatment centers for the public,but this does not mean that a large proportion of citizens who Are not readily to system of health coverage continued to suffer from high cost of treating cancer,There are now only 30 per cent of the respondents compulsory system of health coverage is still 70 per cent without cover, and I think that the national fund for social organizations Reserve, the National Fund for Social Security in addition to insurance companies contribute to the alleviation of the burden of the high cost of cancer treatment for citizens involved In the system of health coverage ».

my father suffer from cancer of the liver since i was 14 years old he has done operation and was dead at the age of 54 years old thanks lalla salma to talk about this bad cancer sickness this illness of cancer is very dangerous i pray for god to cure or to find medicaments for this illness .

english article:
Maghreb Arabe Presse: 2008 ALSC prizes awarded to Harald Zur Hausen, Abdessadek Rabieh
Rabat, 23 Nov. 2008 (MAP) - Princess Lalla Salma, chairwoman of Lalla Salma Association Against Cancer (ALSC), on Saturday presided over the award ceremony of national and international ALSC prizes, on the occasion of the national day against cancer.
I find the tribute to Abdessadek Rabieh very touching,as founding member of the association who work with lalla salma even before the made of her association,died a few weeks ago from cancer.

the english article:
Princess Lalla Salma inaugurates nuclear medicine department in Casablanca
Casablanca, 24 Nov. 2008 (MAP) - Princess Lalla Salma, chairwoman of Lalla Salma Association Against Cancer (ALSC), on Monday inaugurated a nuclear medicine department at the Casablanca university hospital of Ibn Rochd....MAP

yes Lalla Salma mom died from breast cancer while the princess was 3 or 4 years,i think that still affected her alot..
one of her collaborator in the association died fro cancer too last ramadan Abdessadek Rabieh and was very touching to remember his during the Nationa day of cancer.

Back
Top Bottom