General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maryam bint Abdullah Al Falasi, mother-in-law of Mohamed Bin Zayed, died today.

Her children:
Khalifa Bin Hamdan
Hamad Bin Hamdan
Sultan Bin Hamdan
Saeed bin Hamdan
Rashid Bin Hamdan
Mozah bint Hamdan
Salama bint Hamdan

Maryam bint Abdullah Al Falasi, mother-in-law of Mohamed Bin Zayed, died today.

Sheikhs and sons of the deceased, as well as several UAE citizens, performed the funeral prayer for Sheikha Maryam bint Abdullah bin Sulayem Al Falasi, mother of Sheikha Salama bint Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, wife of Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed, at the Sheikh Sultan bin Zayed the First Mosque.

she didn't get a well-known Sheikh.
I'm choked seeing this ? Puchu don't so hard on him. That's not necessary just because they're not born by official known wives they cannot got a well-known sheikhs. They're probably married for love, that's why their parents let them married. It's nice & good for them too ? besides even thought he isn't that "well-known" in our opinion he probably is well-known in royal families circles, a billionaire maybe who prefers a private life.
Let's see how far they're going, they're young after all.

Probably, That Half-sister (Dana), Almaha and Rodha bint Sultan share same mother. Its already clear that Rodha is an adult.
Due to language barrier, idk how to put it nicely. But, isn't sh. Almaha half-black? I see the picture of said to be sh. Dana children & I don't see them inherit that exotic trait. Beside, it's not common for them to tag/mentioned/like someone who's not their full blood child/sisters. I see the "interaction" between sheikha Saif & her birth child with her a lot

And my noisiness have yet another question. Why sh. Hamdan's descendants becomes an ally with sh. Saqr's descendants? Even thought Sh. Saqr killed sh. Sultan who killed sh. Hamdan, I read that sh. Saqr was the one who help sh. Sultan to "dethroned" his brother? Thanks in advance

I'm choked seeing this �� Puchu don't so hard on him. That's not necessary just because they're not born by official known wives they cannot got a well-known sheikhs. They're probably married for love, that's why their parents let them married. It's nice & good for them too �� besides even thought he isn't that "well-known" in our opinion he probably is well-known in royal families circles, a billionaire maybe who prefers a private life.
I didn't mean that way u explained. Being a daughter of President, she is a high status sheikha. But yes, if you think that wife of Sultan, Shaikha is from a strong branch. That could lead a political marriage. I meant that man atleast doesn't have as usual appearances like other non-poweful Al Maktoums.
"Dont think that I wanted to humiliate them like some people do"
Due to language barrier, idk how to put it nicely. But, isn't sh. Almaha half-black? I see the picture of said to be sh. Dana children & I don't see them inherit that exotic trait. Beside, it's not common for them to tag/mentioned/like someone who's not their full blood child/sisters. I see the "interaction" between sheikha Saif & her birth child with her a lot
I posted that because I came to know that a half sister of Sheikha's kids live with them. So, I assumed it's Dana. I dont know Al maha/Rowdha's age where Dana is almost 31-34. As I know, Dana has 2 full sisters, so i thought it was Almaha+rawdha. Dana is known because of being attached to Sheikha Saif.
No one can deny that half siblings of ruling families get closer to each other after being adult.
Why sh. Hamdan's descendants becomes an ally with sh. Saqr's descendants? Even thought Sh. Saqr killed sh. Sultan who killed sh. Hamdan, I read that sh. Saqr was the one who help sh. Sultan to "dethroned" his brother.
Feiraguy already answered that before.
Hamdan branch saw that as a revenge, sultan killed hamdan and saqr killed sultan. Moreover, they were from same family and both were powerless. So they got engaged with each other. Although, its true that Saqr also helped sultan in killing hamdan.

Last edited:
Ahmed Bin Tahnoun appointed Deputy Chief of Staff of the UAE Armed Forces

He is the husband of Sheikha Sheikha bint Surour, who is the sister of Sheikha Fatima bint Surour (wife of Khalid Bin Mohamed bin Zayed).

Perhaps this appointment means a strengthening of the power of Sheikh Khalid bin Mohamed bin Zayed

What about suroor's sons, feiraguy?
Ain't they going to get important posts? Does Sheikh Suroor hold the post till now?

What do you think about KSN? Can you say in which sector he will be appointed? Is he much close to Khaled?

What about suroor's sons, feiraguy?
Ain't they going to get important posts? Does Sheikh Suroor hold the post till now?

What do you think about KSN? Can you say in which sector he will be appointed? Is he much close to Khaled?

Sheikh Surour's last public office was Chairman of the Court of Sheikh Zayed, which he held for decades; after the death of Sheikh Zayed, Sheikh Khalifa created the Ministry of Presidential Affairs and appointed Sheikh Mansour as the minister.

Mohamed bin Surour is a military man and likely to rise through the ranks of the armed forces, reaching higher and higher positions. Zayed bin Surour is a board member of the Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, his father was Chairman of the UAE Central Bank, so I believe he is likely to grow within the state's sovereign wealth funds and banking structure. Both have private investments.

But in the short term I don't see either of them reaching ministerial level positions, we'll have to wait a few years.

About KSN, I believe MBZ has plans for him. Maybe something related to Tourism? Sports? Youth? I think this is another thing that we will only find out in a few years.
At least publicly, I haven't seen Khalid and KSN show closeness, but it's impossible to be sure.

Sheikh Khalifa created the Ministry of Presidential Affairs and appointed Sheikh Mansour as the minister.

Oke, thanks Puchu & Feiraguy. Anyway Feiraguy I'm just wondering if in 2004 there was also a dispute/delayed over who's gonna be the next crown prince like what happen rn? Because I found it weird for the late sh. Khalifa (May Allah Ta'ala bless him) to appointed his half brother sh. Mansour to becomes the minister which is full brother of sh. MBZ.
I believe, since at the times he becomes a president he's clearly powerful & can appointed his sons if he want, despite his late father already appointed sh. MBZ as deputy crown prince. Like used to happened to another Gulf countries like Saudi Arabia & Jordan, where the current state transfer the successor from pr. Muqrin>pr. Muhammad bin Nayed>Cpr. MBS (Saudi) & pr. Hassan>pr. Hamzah > Cpr. Hussein (Jordan). I found it interesting

Last edited:
Oke, thanks Puchu & Feiraguy. Anyway Feiraguy I'm just wondering if in 2004 there was also a dispute/delayed over who's gonna be the next crown prince like what happen rn? Because I found it weird for the late sh. Khalifa (May Allah Ta'ala bless him) to appointed his half brother sh. Mansour to becomes the minister which is full brother of sh. MBZ.
I believe, since at the times he becomes a president he's clearly powerful & can appointed his sons if he want, despite his late father already appointed sh. MBZ as deputy crown prince. Like used to happened to another Gulf countries like Saudi Arabia & Jordan, where the current state transfer the successor from pr. Muqrin>pr. Muhammad bin Nayed>Cpr. MBS (Saudi) & pr. Hassan>pr. Hamzah > Cpr. Hussein (Jordan). I found it interesting

First, I would like to correct a misinformation that I gave earlier: in fact the Ministry of Presidential Affairs was not created by Sheikh Khalifa, it was created by a decree published on November 2, 2004, THE SAME DAY of the death of Sheikh Zayed

https://wam.ae/en/details/1395227307423

The decree was published on behalf of Sheikh Zayed, but from this we can speculate two things:

1- Sheikh Zayed's death was not sudden, he was very ill and death was already expected, that is: this ministerial reform that put Sheikh Mansour as Minister of Presidential Affairs did not reflect the interests of his father, it reflected the interests of his brothers. And it is possible to conclude that the interests of Bani Fatima prevailed over those of Sheikh Khalifa.

2- it is very likely that Sheikh Zayed was already dead when this decree was published.

Jihan, as the death of Sheikh Zayed was expected, I believe that in the months preceding his death there were many negotiations between his sons; for this reason, both Sheikh Khalifa and Sheikh Mohamed assumed their posts (President and Crown Prince, respectively) instantly, on the same day of their father's death, there was no delay whatsoever.

On the succession, Mohamed bin Zayed was always seen as the most capable; I believe that Sheikh Khalifa's children were never a real competition. And Bani Fatima was so much more powerful; Mohamed bin Zayed was Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces, Hamdan bin Zayed was Deputy Prime Minister and de facto Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hazza bin Zayed was Head of the Intelligence Agency, Tahnoun bin Zayed controlled Sheikh Zayed's private investments, Mansour bin Zayed was a central figure in Sheikh Zayed's court and controlled access to his father, Abdullah bin Zayed was Minister of Information and already had a lot of diplomatic influence.

My reading suggestions:
https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/04ABUDHABI3410_a.html
https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/04ABUDHABI3955_a.html
https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/04ABUDHABI4586_a.html

Hi everyone. Am I the only one that observed taht Sheikh Zayed bin Hamdan bin Zayed seems to be present all the time to important events? Like wherever Sheikh Khalid MBZ is, Sheikh Zayed bin Hamdan is also there. Or maybe he is present because of the new post he achieved. And I don't mean to be offensive or cruel but him being a survivor of helicopter crash seems to give him advantage in the Al Nahyan.

Hi everyone. Am I the only one that observed taht Sheikh Zayed bin Hamdan bin Zayed seems to be present all the time to important events? Like wherever Sheikh Khalid MBZ is, Sheikh Zayed bin Hamdan is also there. Or maybe he is present because of the new post he achieved. And I don't mean to be offensive or cruel but him being a survivor of helicopter crash seems to give him advantage in the Al Nahyan.

Sorry, but your view (last sentence of your post above) sounds very strange to me....:ermm:

Sorry, but your view (last sentence of your post above) sounds very strange to me....:ermm:
You're right. I shouldn't asks or think about it. If any one of know how to or wish to delete my previous question you may do so. I'm sorry.

instantly, on the same day of their father's death, there was no delay whatsoever.

Hm, so that's how it is, thank you for the explanation. I really looking forward to see who's gonna fill the spot. Considering that If sh. Khaled is really is choosen, then he along with Cpr MBS gonna be the 1st monarch from the new generation to lead their countries. I wonder what this young sheikh gonna propose if that really is happen.

Anyway, pipols I've been wondering about UAE and their culture in general. They're part of Persian Gulf, which is consist of other countries too. I wonder what distinguishes their culture from the culture of other gulf countries? Like I see that they have the same clothes, and one of them called abaya and to my surprised when I search for it the term "abaya" also used by other gulf countries to name one of their traditional clothes, what's the differences between it & wether there ever was a dispute that aroused because of it? Thanks to whoever answer my curiosity <3

Anyway, pipols I've been wondering about UAE and their culture in general. They're part of Persian Gulf, which is consist of other countries too. I wonder what distinguishes their culture from the culture of other gulf countries? Like I see that they have the same clothes, and one of them called abaya and to my surprised when I search for it the term "abaya" also used by other gulf countries to name one of their traditional clothes, what's the differences between it & wether there ever was a dispute that aroused because of it? Thanks to whoever answer my curiosity <3

Have a look here to find answers for your questions:

https://www.theroyalforums.com/foru...tes-social-and-cultural-traditions-32797.html

It's a little bit hard to find the answer to my question considering there is a lot of post in that thread :lol: But thank you, I hope u find 5 buck in ur old jeans pocket

You mentioned your interest in cultural and traditional things in general in the Gulf region and your post suggests more than one question. Well, in honor of your curiosity, you should try harder and read existing posts in UAE thread. This thread here is about ruling family of AD issues only.

Last edited:
Is the son of Hamdan bin Mohammed and Fakhra named Mohammed or Khalifa? I found two different name announcements on instagram and one of them must be wrong &#55358;&#56616;

Is the son of Hamdan bin Mohammed and Fakhra named Mohammed or Khalifa? I found two different name announcements on instagram and one of them must be wrong ��

Their son name is sh. Mohammed, mentioned by official medias that was born in 2022. Moeslim especially in the middle east or if they come from religious background rarely mentioned their women's name whether it's in wedding invitations, congratulations and so on if there is no urgent need for it. They usually rever their lady by their father name instead. I think this is the case with Sh. Fakhra here, there is no urgent need too it so they wrote her father name insted which is sh. Khalifa bin Hamdan bin Mohammed or they probably have another child that was born in the same year but I doubt it happed since the child was born in August 2022.

Fakhra’s father wasn’t mentioned in the post. One instagram account had Khalifa bin Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan written on the announcement. Another account had a baby announcement with the name Mohammed bin Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan. So one is wrong. Wikipedia also says Hamdan and Fakhra have a son named Khalifa. I don’t know which name is correct.

Fakhra’s father wasn’t mentioned in the post. One instagram account had Khalifa bin Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan written on the announcement. Another account had a baby announcement with the name Mohammed bin Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan. So one is wrong. Wikipedia also says Hamdan and Fakhra have a son named Khalifa. I don’t know which name is correct.

It’s been changed to Mohammed on Wikipedia.

I see the name Ousha (Osha) is a very popular name in the Al Nahyan family. I was doing some research and it’s an old traditional emirati name. Is this a form of Aisha? Both names have the same meaning.

I see the name Ousha (Osha) is a very popular name in the Al Nahyan family. I was doing some research and it’s an old traditional emirati name. Is this a form of Aisha? Both names have the same meaning.

They haven't the same meaning. But you are right, the name Ousha is an old traditional name in UAE and based on a mixture of different dialects and languages ​spoken in the Gulf Region. It means something like: “the first appearance of light in the morning followed by sunrise”

They haven't the same meaning. But you are right, the name Ousha is an old traditional name in UAE and based on a mixture of different dialects and languages ​spoken in the Gulf Region. It means something like: “the first appearance of light in the morning followed by sunrise”

Well, I saw on a multiple sites dedicated to names that both mean alive/ lively. There were comments from Uae users that said osha means alive/full of life.

Well, I saw on a multiple sites dedicated to names that both mean alive/ lively. There were comments from Uae users that said osha means alive/full of life.

As it is a mixture of different dialects here, there can be different views on the meaning...e.g. it is also associated with the meaning "shining".

Hi, i am comeback :lol:

I have questions,
1) it's been a long time already and AD has not choosing the CPR yet. I wonder if the new generation is really is choosen, what kind of policies the new generation gonna implement? Considering that the older generations is more wiser & experienced than them, it must be hard to catch up.

2) Anyway, I noticed that there is a growing exposured to sh. Saif bin Zayed (maybe it just me), could it be he becomes one of the candidates?

3) And as we know most of the royal families married into themselves to strengthen the political influence etc. if, there is a decrease in the number of "prominent" sheikh or sheikha that already married, what kind of option left to strengthen their political influence? Is it by married them of to less known sheikh/a, married into another dynasty or what? Thank in advance

Ps: Anyway, I have question in gulf tradition thread thank you to whoever want to look it up & pardon the grammatical mistakes I made✌️

Say something about Hamdan bin Mubarak bin Mohamed...
Is he a half brother of Nahyan bin Mubarak?
His kids are comparatively younger than other cousins of them.. I saw a grandson of Hamdan.
Does he have two wife then? Who is his wife and how many children he have?

Say something about Hamdan bin Mubarak bin Mohamed...
Is he a half brother of Nahyan bin Mubarak?
His kids are comparatively younger than other cousins of them.. I saw a grandson of Hamdan.
Does he have two wife then? Who is his wife and how many children he have?

He is Sheikh Nahyan's full brother (Nahyan is eight years older than Hamdan); he is married to one of the daughters of Sheikh Tahnoun bin Mohamed.

They have two sons born in the late 1990s (Mubarak and Tahnoun) and a son born in the late 2010s.
A married daughter presumably born in the late 90's, and a daughter born in the late 2010's.

All of them are credited as "grandchildren of Sheikh Tahnoun bin Mohamed", the two children born in the 2010s have several photos with their grandfather.

I can't explain this childless period between the late 90's and late 2010's; maybe there are "unknown daughters" born in the 2000s?

The eldest son Mubarak is married to one of the daughters of Sheikh Saeed bin Saif bin Mohamed and already has children, the eldest daughter is married to Sheikh Mohamed bin Ahmed bin Hamdan bin Mohamed (I don't remember if they have children)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom