Princess Haya and the FEI

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for the gallery Salma! Haya looks happy here. I like her smile, because it sweetens her a lot!

Haya in Switherland, February 9, 2010
News

Thank´s Xavi, do you have more info about this event?

:previous:
Princess Haya attends FEI's meeting in Dubai
WAM DUBAI, March 31st, 2010: The FEI Geographical Group VII met earlier this week at the Atlantis Hotel - The Palm in Dubai (UAE) in the presence of FEI President HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, wife of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai. The meeting was chaired by the FEI Regional Group VII Chairman, H.E. Sheikh Khalid Bin Abdulla Al Khalifa and was attended by 15 nations.

Thank you Lilo I hope we can see more pics.

Nice see her again, Thank´s Iceflower for pics.

Its been a while since seeing her at a horse event. Thanks for the pictures, liked the ones of her sitting on the bench.

Nice choice Xavi! ;) This one will become my next profile pic I suspect. She looked very very good in Geneve. Thanks for updating us once again! :flowers:

you are welcome , you always choose remarkable ones :flowers::flowers:

Princess Haya Bint Al-Hussein of Jordan, President of the Federation Equestre Internationale (FEI), briefs the press after US' rider McLain Ward's horse 'Sapphire' was disqualified at the FEI World Cup Show Jumping Final, at the Palexpo in Geneva, Switzerland, 17 April 2010.
Imageshack - 19806619.jpg

After the disqualification Princess Haya of Jordan, commented,
"I would like to emphasize that the rules and the protocols allow
for disqualification at any stage on welfare grounds. We have a
duty to care for our horses. If it is agreed that if a horse is in
pain then it has to be eliminated."

Here's a version of the pic without watermarks:

** Haya - April 17 **

Last edited:
not a perfect look for the princess but she looks tired and angry

Thank you for the additional pictures Salma & Iceflower.
She looks quite tired, must be a long day and looks nervoues/tense in the last batch of pictures.

not a perfect look for the princess but she looks tired and angry
The elimination of Sapphire (the leader coming into the final) and McLain Ward was a huge scandal in the Horse Show world. Apparantly several vets during the competition were asked by the FEI to thermographically examine and palpate the horse many, many times. I read in one of the statements that the horse had been palpated 57 times in the space of a few hours. They were only able to isolate one pinpoint area of sensitivity once. Frankly with horses, if you keep squeezing their legs over and over and over, sooner or later they fed up and pull away. There are many (the rider included, in published statements) that this was 'payback' for the incident years ago with McLain Ward at the Aachen show.

The elimination of Sapphire (the leader coming into the final) and McLain Ward was a huge scandal in the Horse Show world. Apparantly several vets during the competition were asked by the FEI to thermographically examine and palpate the horse many, many times. I read in one of the statements that the horse had been palpated 57 times in the space of a few hours. They were only able to isolate one pinpoint area of sensitivity once. Frankly with horses, if you keep squeezing their legs over and over and over, sooner or later they fed up and pull away. There are many (the rider included, in published statements) that this was 'payback' for the incident years ago with McLain Ward at the Aachen show.

Its difficult to say who was right & wrong in this case.
The teams vet said the horse is sensitive and its a normal reaction so did many other vets but the FEI vet ruled that the horse cant compete.
It would be good to get P.Haya's full statement on this because she did give a press conference about the situation but then there isnt anything much she couldve done.

Princess Haya faces opposition in approaching FEI election
An apparent lack of confidence in Princess Haya among European federations has led two senior figures to oppose her bid for re-election as president of the FEI, horse sport's international governing body.

It will be a tuff competition and whther she will be elected again or not. Her decissions were all that bad if you come to thinking of it but I guess people in the sport dont want much of a tough rule which she brought it which they dont like.
I see her point as in horse welfare and I do think she is trying hard.

Back
Top Bottom