Families of the Sheikhs' wives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sambo87

Commoner
City
Dubia
Country
United Arab Emirates
I'm surprise how many emirati people dislike the Beljafla family. Emirati girls I work with said Sheikh Majid was just Hessa & her families meal ticket to fame and that they are social climbers. I would have to agree with them, her whole family are always bragging all over social media about their connecting to him and how Hessa is married to him. You think poor Majid would realize his being used by her and her family.

I wonder if that's why no maktoums were at the wedding

The Beljafla family is quite well known and financially well-established which means they're not rightly called social climbers. They're already a part of the elite Dubai, so yes Sheikh Majid can be assumed as a cherry on the cake. It's mean to say they brag about the Sheikh being their family now since every brother in law is welcomed and discussed like a family everywhere. Just because the lady Hessa has a well-known husband, doesn't mean he is being used as a ticket. Well, this is what I believe. Somebody told earlier that the family did not approve of the union with Beljafla's so they didn't congratulate the couple. No other reasons I guess.

You can be rich and still be a social climber, being married into the ruling family opens doors that money can't and fame. You don't see other sheikha's families bragging all over social media. The Beljafla's was suppose to have been friends of the Al Maktoum's, I think for them to so publicly disapprove of the union says a lot and will probably never know why. One Emirati I work with comes from a wealth family and she even said that Majid was being used by the Beljafla's and disapproved of how they brag all over social media about him.

At this point the Beljaflas' social climbing is largely irrelevant. I assume that (1)Sheikh Majid is not easily manipulated into doing something he does not want; and (2) Sheikh Majid's family discussed all issues with/rumours about his future spouse at length. Sheikh Majid married Ms Hessa in spite of his family's disapproval. He is old enough to make his decisions.

Furthermore, there is nothing wrong with some social climbing. European and American nouveau riche have been ennobling their money for a long time.

We may have something more relevant to discuss in this thread once Sheikh Majid returns to his usual official engagements/duties. I doubt Sheikh Hessa will have any official engagements.

Last edited:
I understand what Sambo is trying to say, Yeah Sheikh Majid is grown and he did marry her against his families wishes. Social climbing is wrong when your using someone to get attention and fame though. The Beljafla's have showed they love the fame and attention they have got and love to brag alittle too much about their connection to Majid. By their own actions they are using him in many ways. Welcome to the royal forums Sambo. :)

I don't get the point of Sheikh Majid being used by the Beljafla family. This lady Hessa's elder sister Hind is also married to a Sheikh from the ruling family and she had pretty cool wedding ceremonies, one following local traditions and one the English kinda with mixed attendees (both men and women). The wedding was also covered by local media, I saw the video on YouTube. Now the question is why the hell will they use Majid when they never brag on social media for heaven's sake. I follow Hind and Reem on Instagram and they have never uploaded a single picture that shows they're benefitting from their brother in law. Even Hind has stopped answering questions on Ask.fm about Hessa and her private life. And let me tell you one thing my sister also works in a government department in Dubai and has a local Emirati friend who hails from a very middle class background and another who comes from an extremely posh family of RAK. Both the ladies are educated and professional ladies. On more than one occasion we had discussions about these Almaktoum boys and especially this Hessa lady. All they told can be summarized in a crux that is : "These ladies who have not been able to catch up with any AlMaktoum boys are just more than jealous and nothing else. Leave them alone!" Those local ladies literally laugh at how other local women are making a mockery of this Beljafla family. Both the families are very good friends with each other, like Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum's wife Suhaila and Hind Beljafla, and Sheikha Lateefa and Reem Beljafla. We are just fanning these allegations against that family on this forum and must stop it seriously. I personally feel bad for them.

Or tell me if somebody has some solid proof of how they USE Sheikh Majid? I mean any special event, any picture, post or comment on social media, or just anything. I have failed to find any viable and clear proof until now. Please help. Anyone? I would happily change my mind. (seriously)

I can just got by what I have heard and what I have heard people say here. I can tell your pro Beljafla and no matter what anyone says your going attack them. I can post six of the Beljafla's social media accounts showing proof, but then I'd just be acting childish too. The Women I know and work with are in their 30's and married. They aren't jealous of them. I think the Al Maktoum's not supporting Majid and not being at his wedding speaks volumes how they feel about the marriage and the Beljafla's. If they are so great of friends you would think they would have supported Majid. The reason they stop answering questions is probably cause of the people criticizing them. On one sisters account I think Reem's there was something said about them being criticized by people awhile back.

Hi,

See what I said in my last comment is not sarcasm or read-between-the-lines kind of message. I truly mean when I say I would change my mind. You say I am pro Beljafla,let me tell you I am not. Except Hind and Maitha, I have not met any of her sisters. And Hind is a very down to earth lady trust me - one who never discriminates between people. And I think when people start hurling accusations or whatever on a public forum on you, you ought to stop answering questions on that specific topic. And I would like to know what kind of posts they made on social media. Don't post links, just let me know the crux of it all.

And you said that AlMaktoum family's absence in the wedding tells of the distaste they have for the Beljafla family. No, it might not be right since there is another solid reason I have known. And with so many credible friendships between the two families, there is definitely some strategic reason behind the disapproval by the family. Any way you might be right in your own capacity. And may be I might be sharing your opinion as well, only if someone convinces me enough.:flowers:

What you say is what most Emiratis say, but then who knows what goes inside the house of another man. :)

Last edited:
Like I said I can just go by what I have heard and what people around me have said about the family. I work with amazing Emirati women and they don't just set and talk about people out of spite. We will never know the real reasons his family so publicly disapprove of his chose to marry her. We are all entitled to our own opinions and from reading past posts others have heard the same thing's about the Beljafla's I have too. I wasn't hurling accusations at you, I was just defending myself.

Okay Samba, like I said you may be right and I am not being able to comprehend the real picture. Anything can happen. Even I might be in the dark. Btw has anybody seen picture of Hessa (grown-up one) or seen her in person? How she looks like as an adult. Someone on Hind's ask.fm said Hessa was so skinny, it seemed she was anorexic. So any pictures anyone. Please send me on PM :)

Okay Samba, like I said you may be right and I am not being able to comprehend the real picture. Anything can happen. Even I might be in the dark. Btw has anybody seen picture of Hessa (grown-up one) or seen her in person? How she looks like as an adult. Someone on Hind's ask.fm said Hessa was so skinny, it seemed she was anorexic. So any pictures anyone. Please send me on PM :)

They aren't any pictures of her grown up, I was told she look a little like Maitha don't know if it's true or not. I seen a pic of her from the shoulders down, you couldn't see her face on one of her sisters accounts. It has since been deleted. She did look very unhealthy skinny and anorexic. I was very shock how skinny she was in the pic, she is all bones. :)

Guys can we please exercise some discretion when using words like anorexic.
The word refers to someone suffering from anorexia, a serious eating disorder. Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean they're anorexic.
Please refrain from using any such speculative terminology in the future as it is against the Forums' rules.

Thank you
Humera
Dubai Forum Moderator

Guys can we please exercise some discretion when using words like anorexic.
The word refers to someone suffering from anorexia, a serious eating disorder. Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean they're anorexic.
Please refrain from using any such speculative terminology in the future as it is against the Forums' rules.

Thank you
Humera
Dubai Forum Moderator

Good day Humera, I understand what you mean to say and you are right. I just quoted what was written on ask.fm - did not intend to write as my view. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom