Prinsjesdag 2003-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the clarification!:flowers:
In my country a mother-in-law should never be behind a daughter-in-law. That is why seeing Crown Princess Maxima to be the first to get out the carriage seemed odd to me. Well, different countries has got different traditions.

You will see similar in Denmark for the opening of the Parliament :)
First Benedikte arrives, then Joachim and Marie, after that Frederik and Mary and last but not least the Queen and Prince Henrik :)

i love Maxima, outfit and I ws wondring if laurentin borrow from Maxima, the red feathers , fascinator,from previos prinsdaj???

I was able to see most of Prinsjesdag on television as I was waiting the whole day for the UPC people to drop by (sigh).
Anyway, I am happy that the weather was better than the last days.
the guy who was throwing the cadle holder has been arrested, and will be charged with more than just 'disturbance of public order', this to avoid such things to happen each and every year. I am sure we will hear more about the guy in the next days (you can always count on the Telegraaf for that). And after Queensday attack last year, I am sure he can count on very little sympathy.

-
Princess Máxima seems to be wearing a new brooch, and then dress she is wearing might be another Jan Tamineau (as it reminds me of last years dress, due to the flowers added to it). But it is just a wild guess.
Nice to see that Laurentien has toned down her style in the last years.

I was able to see most of Prinsjesdag on television as I was waiting the whole day for the UPC people to drop by (sigh).
Anyway, I am happy that the weather was better than the last days.
the guy who was throwing the cadle holder has been arrested, and will be charged with more than just 'disturbance of public order', this to avoid such things to happen each and every year. I am sure we will hear more about the guy in the next days (you can always count on the Telegraaf for that). And after Queensday attack last year, I am sure he can count on very little sympathy.

-
Princess Máxima seems to be wearing a new brooch, and then dress she is wearing might be another Jan Tamineau (as it reminds me of last years dress, due to the flowers added to it). But it is just a wild guess.
Nice to see that Laurentien has toned down her style in the last years.
I think the brooch Maxima is wearing is one I have seen on the Queen on several occasions, but first time for Maxima so your right!!
She looks gorgeous!!:D

Maxima didn't have a good bra. Scandaloucius for a princess.

Thank you for all the nice pictures.:flowers:

The flower display next to the Queen while she was reading the speech was very nice and went nice with HM's outfit.

I think the brooch Maxima is wearing is one I have seen on the Queen on several occasions, but first time for Maxima so your right!!
She looks gorgeous!!:D

True rubies,it's a pink topaz often worn in a pearl necklace by HM.:)

The Queen's expression's in the video are priceless. I can see why she was called "Princess Smiley" in her younger days.

newspaper de telegraaf has more information on the man who was throwing the candle holder to the golden carriage:

'Dood moeder Erwin schuld koningin' - Binnenland | Het laatste nieuws uit Nederland leest u op Telegraaf.nl [binnenland]

His name is Erwin L. He claims that prince Bernhard is responsible for the death of his grandfather in WWII. And somehow that makes the RF also responsible for the suicide of his mother in 2008. His mother put gasoline over herself and her car and set it on fire. This happened in 2008 in Vrenden, Germany. She had to sell her farm and could not cope with it.

Erwin L. also contacted the police 4 times in 2009 and claimed that he was responsible fort he Queensday attack, when Karst T. killed 10 people. When he threw the candle holder, he screamed that it was a hand grenade.

Erwin is a member of 'Pro Republica'. On Hyves (Dutch online social network page), he insulted the Queen, prince Bernhard, WA, Máxima and several anscestors of the RF. The page has been blocked.

Until recently he lived in Meddo, until he moved to a psychiatric clinic in Warnsveld, around christmas 2009, as he was stalking a girl. Due to this he became unemployed and moved to Lichtenvoorde. Acvcording to friends he suffers from a narcistic personality disorder, but he refused to do anything about it. An acquaintance from Lichtevoorde he is a 'ticking time bomb'. His family urged the police to do something about it, but as he didn't commit any serious crimes the police was not able to do anything.

Last edited:
And unsurprisingly, Mr. Wilders (leader of the extreme right party) is angry at the speech of the Queen:

Wilders angry at political tint to queen's speech

Wednesday 22 September 2010
Geert Wilders, leader of the anti-Islam PVV, feels his party came under attack by references to the need for 'stable government' in the queen's speech, the Telegraaf reports on Wednesday.

Wilders described the speech, in which the queen said stable government was necessary for economic recovery, as a 'total nothing'. And he accused prime minister Jan Peter Balkenende, who writes the speech for the monarch, of 'rabble rousing'.

Read more here.

The Queen's expression's in the video are priceless. I can see why she was called "Princess Smiley" in her younger days.

Looking at her you can often still see the spontanious little girl that never was lost,with an enormous amount of joy and excitement present.
She still has the same laughter in abundance and sparkling eyes full of fun.

Maxima was created Princess of The Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Royal Highness, in her own right, and she is Princess of Orange by virtue of her marriage;

Laurentien was created Princess Laurentien of The Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Royal Highness, in her own right;

Mabel is Princess of Orange-Nassau, Royal Highness, by virtue of her marriage.

This may be reaching but based upon my personal research into royal/imperial history, as it applies to present-day members of varied royal houses, I'd have to question the source of your information. According to the Almanach de Gotha (which is the perennial authority on "blue-bloods"), the former Máxima Zorreguieta acquired the predicate "Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau" with the title "Royal Highness" which entered into effect upon marriage. That said, she has and only ever will be (at least until the ascension of her husband), Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands. She is not "The Princess of Orange" despite being married to "The Prince of Orange", or for that matter "Crown Princess Máxima of the Netherlands" (a title which has never existed there). That title is officially restricted to only the Heir/Heiress Apparent (which explains why neither Queen Beatrix, nor her mother or grandmother, ever held it!!).

That said, it can be safely presumed that at no given time will there be a "Prince and Princess of Orange" (which would suggest dual heirs apparent). However, in my opinion, it would be far more convenient (in language and print) to use "The Prince and Princess of Orange" rather than "The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands", which takes up quite a great deal of space and effort.

The former Laurentien Brinkhorst acquired the same titles as her more famous sister-in-law, however only as a courtesy (by virtue of her marriage to a man who holds the titles). She is, through marriage only, allowed to be referred to as Her Royal Highness Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands.

You are quite correct though in your status appraisal of the third sister-in-law, who by virtue of her marriage (which lacks governmental approval) received the courtesy style Her Royal Highness Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau (never of the Netherlands, as her senior in-laws).

When you think about it, they're (the Dutch) honorifics seems to parallel the British in that upon marriage to a royal prince, the bride takes her husband's most senior title (i.e. the former Lady Diana Spencer upon marriage became Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales, the feminine equivalent of her husband's most senior title - though NEVER PRINCESS DIANA, as ALL her royal titles were courtesy of her marriage).

Not only it took 5 years,but this sort of info really doesn't belong in the Prinsjesdag thread,regardless the year.

And this is such a source of information:

The Dutch Royal House

Lucien, I'll just pop in here to explain to Simply Amazing that when that post was made (5 years ago, almost to the day), the info came from a reputable source. Unfortunately, some of those details proved to be incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the great photos royalgertjan!!

thanks for all photos. CP Maxima costume, color and style elegance and beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom