The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 01:29 PM
Majesty

Or mabye it was a load of nonsense.. and Archie never asked for anyting like that...

Old 05-24-2021, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I was reading something that Patrick Jephson had written ( Dianas private secretary) that his role was to protect Diana from the press and herself.
Harry doesn't appear to have anybody protecting him at the moment, they appear to be surrounded with people promoting them at any cost.
There is no such thing as bad publicity,
What I do find interesting is their apparent two prong attack, the interviews slating the royal family/ institution but then the need to let everybody know that they just phone up the Queen when they want. It is if we all need to know that there is still a link there, and the queen is fine with them.
Thatís what they want, ďyes menĒ. They donít want different opinions, they only want to be told what they want to hear. These people donít care about them personally - theyíre doing their job so they get paid, and their job is to make Harry and Meghan happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
yes but that's the point. These were 2 boys. Had they been a boy and girl, as the children of a peer, it wouldn't matter which was born first, the boy would be heir.

yes what was that ridiculous bit about the waffle iron in the COrden interview? Was it meant to be funny? Why would a baby want a waffle iron? Why mention it except to show "Oh we're all good with the queen, we talk to her and Grandad Philip whenever we like....but then when it suits them they are insinuating that SOMEONE in the RF said something unkind and racist about Archie... and that they were so cruelly treated they had to leave the UK. Dont they SEE how totally inconsistent they are?

But how true was all this? DID he really "see the good side of being royal" and enjoy doing good and meeting people and so on? Or was it, as I half suspect, that back then he couldn't see any way out, other than just saying "I' dont want to be a working, touring royal.. but the alternative is to stay in the army for life.. or just retire into some kind of private life... so I guess I better make the most of the royal life.."
I think that mabye, back then, he didn't know what he'd do with himself if he didn't take on the working royal role.. Apart from the army Harry had no real work experience and no real passion...and we know he wouldn't stay in the army in a desk job. Im not saying Will was passionate about flying but I think he enjoyed it reasonably well and was prepared to take on a role of flying copters for a few years, and seeing his kids, knowing that sooner or later, he would have to take on the royal role and thinking that he was best to make the best of his few years of fairly normal life.

Harry didn't seem to know what to do with himself if he didn't stay in the army and he didn't do something else.. and so, I guess he was persuaded by the queen and the RF into taking on royal duties and looking like he was enjoying it and felt it was a good job to have.
Then he met Meghan and she was very different to the people he usually met. She wasn't so in awe of royal life.. and she had ideas on how to use it as a stepping stone to freedom, to money making, to living abroad somewhere that he could enjoy himself and do something that would bring hem admiration and money but witout the restrictions that being a Prince would have. He wouldn't have to wait for his Dad to hand out the money, give him a house etc etc.. he wouldn't be told "You cant do this or that, you cant swear in public, you shouldn't go on jet planes while you're taking about carbon footprints".
I think that it was only through Meghan that Harry could see a way to freedom....
Iím not inclined to think that Harry was being a phony. I think he honestly enjoyed his work, helping people...though that doesnít mean he didnít also sometimes want freedom.
My point was that therapy seemed to be helping him, which he freely admitted, and thereís no anger at his family or Institution. IMO, heís putting on more of an act now, which I explained earlier. He canít possibly think weíre stupid enough to take him at face value when we have evidence of not only his father taking him bike riding, but also of H speaking lovingly about his pa. So, I think heís been encouraged in his insecurities to feel as if heís not loved or valued enough, hence his anger, hence his choosing to attack Charles and the family in public. Itís a public temper tantrum brought on by insecurities encouraged by Meghan . Itís a crazy mix ...no one easy answer

Old 05-24-2021, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
A previous poster has commented about Harry making the comment that nobody wants to be King, I thought I would google that comment it comes from a Guardian interview before his marriage , makes very interesting reading, compared to how he is speaking today.
I have very vivid memories when H was interviewed after George or Charlotte had been born when he made a relieved remark that he was happy he now moves further down in the line of succession (so he wouldnīt be in "danger" anymore having to become the monarch one day).
Still his wife, who seems to literally loathe the monarchy, claims it was Archieīs "birthright" to assume a title...
Another contradiction was Harrys anger about the "4 generations" photo (photos like these are mainly for public purpose. So why being frustrated when you want nothing to do with ascending the throne..?) back in late 2019, where he and his son had not been included.
Old 05-24-2021, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Sitting here reading through all these posts made me think of something that probably had the biggest effect on Harry. I'm going to start though by describing what I'm seeing of Harry right now.

Harry, at this time, is a man with an elephant on his back. That elephant is very heavy to carry around and results in Harry's thinking and focusing so much on the elephant that the normal conclusion is that the elephant is the problem. This elephant represents everything and anything that he's accumulated in his life that he feels has gotten him to this point. Being royal, his mother's death, relationship with his father and brother and perceived mistreatment of his beloved wife and child for various reasons. A lot of things add up to be this elephant. He's identifying this elephant but for the life of him, he cannot get this elephant off his back. He hasn't realized yet that the simple way of getting rid of that elephant is to simply drop it. Accept the elephant for what he is, acknowledge that awful things can and do happen in life but he's not required to carry them around as baggage for the rest of his life. This takes a lot of work, soul searching and taking responsibility for his own words and actions. He's not reached that point yet, IMO.

Now, what really did instigate the big change in Harry. One thing that stands out clearly for me is something we've all been seeing even before Harry met Meghan and yes, it does have to do with the "institution" of the "Firm" and Harry's family. I've mentioned it quite a few times in the past years and I call it a soft transition between monarchs. This is what has really highlighted to Harry the difference in his place in things. It was cool when Philip retired and the family all seemed to stress that they were "Team Windsor". Things were going good with the Royal Foundation including Catherine with the two brothers. William and Harry were at the start of defining their full time royal roles and gradually stepping into them. There was cooperation.

Then Harry meets Meghan. He's gobsmacked hard and falls in total and complete love and it becomes his total focus. Then things start happening that really outline the differences. The big one was the splitting of the Royal Foundation from the "fab four" to "them two" that would remain as is at KP. I do believe that this split was made in preparation for when Charles is monarch. As Charles as Duke of Cornwall and Prince of Wales has his own court, so will William. Harry then requested his own court but that was a no go. Even the Queen's children didn't have their own court and were under the BP umbrella. Everything after that point seemed to Harry that he was getting "less" and relegated to being more minor and it didn't sit well. As the wants grew and were declined, everything soured and they both end up exactly where they are now. Harry has yet to realize that where he is now is the result of the choices he's made. No one else's fault but his own.

I worry about Harry because if he continues in the way he has been lately, the only person he's really hurting is himself and his own family. The sooner he can face and eradicate the elephant on his back, the better.
Old 05-24-2021, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

Then Harry meets Meghan. He's gobsmacked hard and falls in total and complete love and it becomes his total focus. Then things start happening that really outline the differences. The big one was the splitting of the Royal Foundation from the "fab four" to "them two" that would remain as is at KP. I do believe that this split was made in preparation for when Charles is monarch. As Charles as Duke of Cornwall and Prince of Wales has his own court, so will William. Harry then requested his own court but that was a no go. Even the Queen's children didn't have their own court and were under the BP umbrella. Everything after that point seemed to Harry that he was getting "less" and relegated to being more minor and it didn't sit well. As the wants grew and were declined, everything soured and they both end up exactly where they are now. Harry has yet to realize that where he is now is the result of the choices he's made. No one else's fault but his own.

I worry about Harry because if he continues in the way he has been lately, the only person he's really hurting is himself and his own family. The sooner he can face and eradicate the elephant on his back, the better.
I agree on a lot of you say, but if someone detests royal life that much, why then being angry about not having ones own court?
I know lots of people claim Harry is a fool, but being born into Royalty he will know that the monarch has a "court" (the Queen Mother, who was also a crowned Queen of England, had her own court, too), but not a second born "spare", slipping down the line of succession with every child his older sibling has.
I still have trouble in understanding a couple so opposed to the Princeīs former life, insisting on wedding tiaras, titles and courts....!
Old 05-24-2021, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I agree on a lot of you say, but if someone detests royal life that much, why then being angry about not having ones own court?
I know lots of people claim Harry is a fool, but being born into Royalty he will know that the monarch has a "court" (the Queen Mother, who was also a crowned Queen of England, had her own court, too), but not a second born "spare", slipping down the line of succession with every child his older sibling has.
I still have trouble in understanding a couple so opposed to the Princeīs former life, insisting on wedding tiaras, titles and courts....!
The elephant on Harry's back is what is making him contradict everything that went before. When you have an accident and have major injuries and broken bones, you're not about to focus on the split hairs on your head. The elephant is preventing Harry from rational thought and acceptance of his place in the scheme of things. It's the negatives of Harry's former life that is preventing him from seeing the positives that could come with his new life and his decisions. It all does boil down to Harry, himself, taking responsibility for his own words and actions and doing something positive with them. He cannot be happy or happy with anyone or anything else until he can be happy with himself and who he is.
Old 05-24-2021, 03:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Personally I think Harry and Meghan loved the royal family - they loved the perks and the holidays and the celebrity and the respect that it gardened for them with no need of anything else. They loved the publicity and the publics admiration. However they didn't like that they had no control of public perception - he didn't like the limitation of royal life.
I think it is like a child when they don't get the part in the play and then they note that the play was stupid to beginning with and they never wanted it anyway and the school is stupid for even putting on the play on.
M&H never got what they wanted - so they will go and be royals and give services elsewhere. They will live a better life than any princess could. Raise a better family - the more Harry and Meghan talk the more you realize that it is just better grapes.
Old 05-24-2021, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

This is why I've mentioned that what I'd really like to see happen is a sequel to "The Me You Can't See" called "The Me I Didn't See". It would accentuate the road to good mental health. Right now, all we're seeing is a huge pity party and emphasis on everything negative that has ever happened to Harry from his point of view. It's all something or someone else's fault. Just laying out in broad daylight to millions of people what Harry has determined to be the root of all problems says he's in the process of selective rationalization but it really is only the very beginning and seriously looks like someone that has just realized that he needs help and honestly believes that therapy is a cure all like a band aid. He's got to do the leg work himself for it actually to work and right now his attitude is pathetic. Yeps. It's very much like the kid that didn't get the part in the play he wanted.

I'm including a link to a Newsweek article where they've taken a poll of British citizens and whether they want to hear more from Harry or less. The breakdown in demographics is interesting. Newsweek is regarded here in the USA as being reputable.

https://www.newsweek.com/majority-br...k-poll-1594051
Old 05-24-2021, 03:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
This is something Iíve been thinking. I strongly believe in getting mental health care when you need it. Absolutely.

But if Harry and Meghan were my....introduction of sorts to the benefits of it, Iím not sure Iíd walk away thinking how helpful it is. They come across to me as angry, vengeful, unable to take responsibility for their role in things (and theyíre not blameless in this mess), and lacking in compassion and kindness to their own family. Publicly dragging your family through the mud repeatedly is not good either IMO. This is what you get out of mental health help? I know this isnít what is supposed to be my takeaway- but thatís what Iím getting. Iím shaking my head on this.

Yes- I read an article yesterday that HM is deeply hurt by what Harryís said lately. While I think you have to take those kinds of articles with a grain of salt generally....I donít doubt sheís hurt. Bad enough he and Meghanís first interview was in the last weeks of Philipís life, but the hammering keeps on shortly after his death. Itís unbelievable.

Iím not paying to watch this either. It is a disgrace IMO.
Yes, thatís what I thought
Old 05-24-2021, 03:51 PM
Courtier

The QUeen would never ring up a tab editor to tell him or her how she feels. Never Ever. But the thing is those who don't want to hear from Harry and Meghan have the freedom not to listen or read about them.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:09 PM
Serene Highness

It's difficult to ignore people making such vile comments about the family of our sovereign, who has been our Queen for almost 70 years. You can say that people don't have to read hate speech posted online, but that doesn't mean that it's not upsetting. At a basic level, you can tell a little kid to ignore name-calling in the playground. It's still horrible. If it's just Harry droning on about air travel damaging the environment, when he takes private planes, or telling people to vote, when he's never voted in his life, OK, you can ignore that if it doesn't interest you. But I find it difficult to ignore the spite and vitriol he's hurling at his family.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Itat if it doesn't interest you. But I find it difficult to ignore the spite and vitriol he's hurling at his family.
And its hard to beleive that he cares for his family when he does this.....
Old 05-24-2021, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
It's difficult to ignore people making such vile comments about the family of our sovereign, who has been our Queen for almost 70 years. You can say that people don't have to read hate speech posted online, but that doesn't mean that it's not upsetting. At a basic level, you can tell a little kid to ignore name-calling in the playground. It's still horrible. If it's just Harry droning on about air travel damaging the environment, when he takes private planes, or telling people to vote, when he's never voted in his life, OK, you can ignore that if it doesn't interest you. But I find it difficult to ignore the spite and vitriol he's hurling at his family.
Exactly. Why is it contingent upon those of us who find it painful to read such horrible, cruel comments about the BRF to go out of our way to avoid the comments ...? Probably because then we wouldnít know enough to criticize Harry and Meghan, lol... sorry, no, it doesnít work that way. Harry has every right to speak his mind, but we have the right to criticize him, especially if heís twisting the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
And its hard to beleive that he cares for his family when he does this.....
Down deep he probably does, but these are not the words of someone who cares...Harry is being thoughtless, callous and cruel...Heís also a publicity hound. If his goal was continued therapy to truly deal with his grief, why is he exposing himself to the world? He already expounded on the benefits of therapy - in the Guardian article, also many other times. I donít think baring his soul is going to convince anyone who wasnít already convinced by his previous comments.

I also have to wonder why H seemed much happier a few years ago - referencing the Newsweek article - than now of therapy had helped. I think it did help - and I believe much of what heís doing now is an act
Old 05-24-2021, 04:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Exactly. Why is it contingent upon those of us who find it painful to read such horrible, cruel comments about the BRF to go out of our way to avoid the comments ...? Probably because then we wouldnít know enough to criticize Harry and Meghan, lol... sorry, no, it doesnít work that way. Harry has every right to speak his mind, but we have the right to criticize him, especially if heís twisting the truth
I don't mind going out of my way to avoid the comments... but then, I'll expect the same from Harry and Meghan when it comes to the comments about them. The moment you wash your dirty linen in public, you run the risk of people commenting on the colour.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:27 PM
Royal Highness

I have little to add to what others have said but if someone comes to live in my country and uses our liberties to criticize Freedom of Speech (I assume for those he doesn't like), I have a right to criticize him. For me, Freedom of Speech is not only one of our guaranteed constitutional liberties, but it is one of my deeply held values. Anyone who doesn't want to read criticism of Harry can simply not to read my post.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Exactly. Why is it contingent upon those of us who find it painful to read such horrible, cruel comments about the BRF to go out of our way to avoid the comments ...? Probably because then we wouldn’t know enough to criticize Harry and Meghan, lol... sorry, no, it doesn’t work that way. Harry has every right to speak his mind, but we have the right to criticize him, especially if he’s twisting the truth
Harry is actively inviting us to listen to his long list of complaints and woes and how people have "done him wrong" but his mistake is expecting intelligent minds to just accept that whatever he states is gospel truth. He cannot and will not take any responsibility for his own words and actions at this time and has a boatload of busses at the ready to send out to run over anyone he's perceived to be his "problem". It would be a huge imposition for anyone to form an opinion on Harry's mental health if he was doing all this privately and things were "leaked" but it's not that way. His purpose is to reach as many people he can to denigrate, demean and seek vengeance and retaliation for harm he perceives that has been done to him.

The clue that there is seriously something wrong with how Harry thinks is how many inconsistencies and mistruths and how far off his "truths" are from reality that what a lot of the public recognizes to be questionable makes me think that the time has to come where Harry does realize his mistakes.

Good mental health is taking inventory of oneself with guidance to discover just what was wrong within oneself and how to change and adapt one's way of thinking and acting and finding the humility to be honest with one's own self and others. Harry hasn't come near that point yet from anything I've seen from Harry, himself. The freedom Harry is pursuing is the freedom from his own demons that haunt him. I hope he finds it.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
I don't mind going out of my way to avoid the comments... but then, I'll expect the same from Harry and Meghan when it comes to the comments about them. The moment you wash your dirty linen in public, you run the risk of people commenting on the colour.
The only way I could avoid comments is if I donít follow various Royal reporter Twitter accounts, which I donít want to do. I suppose if I saw the articles, I wouldnít have to read them, but I care about the BRF, so thatís not an option. Your point is well taken, though - I agree. H and M are hypocritical - they canít handle people criticizing them, but they donít mind taking attacking his family, especially his father. What, arenít regular people allowed to speak the ďtruthĒ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Harry is actively inviting us to listen to his long list of complaints and woes and how people have "done him wrong" but his mistake is expecting intelligent minds to just accept that whatever he states is gospel truth. He cannot and will not take any responsibility for his own words and actions at this time and has a boatload of busses at the ready to send out to run over anyone he's perceived to be his "problem". It would be a huge imposition for anyone to form an opinion on Harry's mental health if he was doing all this privately and things were "leaked" but it's not that way. His purpose is to reach as many people he can to denigrate, demean and seek vengeance and retaliation for harm he perceives that has been done to him.

The clue that there is seriously something wrong with how Harry thinks is how many inconsistencies and mistruths and how far off his "truths" are from reality that what a lot of the public recognizes to be questionable makes me think that the time has to come where Harry does realize his mistakes.

Good mental health is taking inventory of oneself with guidance to discover just what was wrong within oneself and how to change and adapt one's way of thinking and acting and finding the humility to be honest with one's own self and others. Harry hasn't come near that point yet from anything I've seen from Harry, himself. The freedom Harry is pursuing is the freedom from his own demons that haunt him. I hope he finds it.
Thatís right - Harry had left himself open to criticism (he doesnít like that, though - only likes praise) by revealing all. Iíve said it before, but there is evidence of Dad taking him on bike rides, of his speaking affectionately about his pa...lots of evidence. If anything doesnít make sense, itís his stating things that can be disproved, itís his accusing his father of shrugging of the suffering of his sons...
Old 05-24-2021, 04:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
The only way I could avoid comments is if I donít follow various Royal reporter Twitter accounts, which I donít want to do. I suppose if I saw the articles, I wouldnít have to read them, but I care about the BRF, so thatís not an option. Your point is well taken, though - I agree. H and M are hypocritical - they canít handle people criticizing them, but they donít mind taking attacking his family, especially his father. What, arenít regular people allowed to speak the ďtruthĒ?
I guess it depends. If they speak "the right truth", so to say, they are more than welcome. They even get phone calls and honourable mentioning in the books Harry and Meghan's mouthpieces write. If not, they get branded as the meanies who caused Harry to break out in cold sweat as he read through the comment section of various outlets.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The only way I could actually avoid reading anything to do with Harry and Meghan is to permanently log off of The Royal Forums and never be tempted into a Sussex thread again. I rarely pay much attention to the couple elsewhere if I can help it.

If you can believe that I'd ever do that, I've got a boatload of very special and unique pet rocks for sale. True vintage! Direct from my yard on a mountain in a forest that was virgin land up until the 1970s.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:03 PM
Nobility

There has been a lot of talk about Harry wanting his own ďcourtĒ at Windsor. Iím not sure that I understand precisely what that means. Could some of you please explain? Thanks!

Closed Thread