Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 11: September 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not offending anyone but we all are getting too far from the topic of this discussion - Current Events of the Earl and Countess of Wessex.
Please, stay on topic.

Thank you for co-operation

Avalon said:
Sophie's style

The Countess of Wessex is no red carpet diva. The wife of Britain’s Prince Edward exhibited more substance than style during her visit to Toronto this week.

Gallery of pictures.
I think she looks conservative but lovely. She looks her age, and beautiful for her age.

I spoke to my Aunty Minnie who attended the DOE Awards presentation here in Pretoria. Her grandson, Johan got his gold. Anyway she met Edward and Sophie. She said that Edward is very nice and looks like his grandfather, King George, whom she admits she had a crush on in the 1930's. She was most concerned about his accent through. And would like to ask the Queen why her son sounds like a middle class South African with a hint of New Zealand. She would like to suggest that the boy be sent to a linquist to get some sort of accent and perhaps prevent him from getting over excited and using his hands too much in speeches. (Her exact words).

She noted that Edward and Sophie are much nicer than Charles and Diana (whom she didn't like as she couldn't look her directly in the eyes). She says Sophie appears a lot like the Queen she has the same sort of personality which is good as men should marry women like their mothers.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello
great things claire! ;) didn t thought he speaks like that LOL
and i would agree they are nicer than charles and diana, wonder why but i think diana wasn t so extremly beautiful..
but howver, on getty images are pics from the awards! did sophie join him? she didn t , did she? sorry don't know how to post pics, just look at the page and search for wessex"

Claire said:
...She was most concerned about his accent through. And would like to ask the Queen why her son sounds like a middle class South African with a hint of New Zealand. ....
Edward spent some time in early 1980's studying in New Zealand. When big brother Charles and his then wife went on their Australia-New Zealand tour, there were some photos of the three together.

Last edited:
Yep, the clothes are looking a bit small, but if you have them flaunt them.
Did you notice Sophie was wearing the white ribbon? Is there are charity in Britain with the ribbon? I was wondering as the white ribbon is worn here in South African last week or November and first two weeks of December as the Appeal to stop violence against Women and Children. Sophie and Edward visited one of the stations when they were down here. So I thought that maybe she brought one of the designer ones they had for sale. They really had some nice ones and all the money goes to the charity as they designers donated their time and the diamonds and gold and stuff were donated.

Claire said:
Yep, the clothes are looking a bit small, but if you have them flaunt them.
Did you notice Sophie was wearing the white ribbon? Is there are charity in Britain with the ribbon? I was wondering as the white ribbon is worn here in South African last week or November and first two weeks of December as the Appeal to stop violence against Women and Children.

The outfit is far too tight, you would think she had enough money to go out and buy something new that actually fitted. Edward obviously didn't notice! :rolleyes:
Yes the white ribbon is worn here, for the same cause, from November 25th for 2 weeks, so I don't know why she is still wearing it. :ermm:

The outfit looks lovely. The Countess always manages to look elegant. And I'm not biased - honest!

If I've said it once I'll say it again, the Countess bears a striking resemblence to Gillian Anderson, the actress who played Agt. Dana Scully on the X-Files. They always remind me of each other.

Bella said:
If I've said it once I'll say it again, the Countess bears a striking resemblence to Gillian Anderson, the actress who played Agt. Dana Scully on the X-Files. They always remind me of each other.
Gillian Anderson is always beautifully dressed. She was in Bleak House recently (on the BBC and DVD) and did a marvelous job! :flowers:

My husband is convinced that Sophie and Fern Britton are merging into the same person.

The Wessex's Christmas card appeared it the Daily Mail over the weekend, did anyone see it?

Claire said:
My husband is convinced that Sophie and Fern Britton are merging into the same person.

The Wessex's Christmas card appeared it the Daily Mail over the weekend, did anyone see it?

you sure that the cad was published?
I will try to find it.

Countess of Wessex visited Westminster Bridge Road

Last week Sophie, Countess of Wessex, visited Westminster Bridge Road to rename the offices of the Greater London Fund for the Blind, Sir John Mills House.
The renaming is in honour to the late Sir John Mills CBE who was a vice-president of the charity.
Guests at the ceremony included Hayley Mills, Lord Attenborough, Sir Donald Gosling and Cherie Booth, who are both vice-presidents of the charity.

the christmas cards.. i ve got a question.. because they send them more to "private" people, don t they? i thought that but in the last year we got to know that they ve chosen this one with the indian(or sb like that).. well i haven t then their recent one.. but does it mean that someone gives them to newspapers?

Is Sophie alright?
This is very odd, but did anyone notice that at the Ritz Ball, Edward helped Sophie up the stairs and helped her to her chair. At the church service on Monday, most of the media mentions that she wobbled out of the car till the door and then wobbled back after the service. Is it an unfortunate choice of shoe wear or is her back giving her more trouble?
I noticed that Edward will be in Florida later in January. The hotel says that Edward and Sophie are expected. But Buckingham Palace only has Edward going.

Claire said:
Is Sophie alright?
This is very odd, but did anyone notice that at the Ritz Ball, Edward helped Sophie up the stairs and helped her to her chair. At the church service on Monday, most of the media mentions that she wobbled out of the car till the door and then wobbled back after the service. Is it an unfortunate choice of shoe wear or is her back giving her more trouble?
I noticed that Edward will be in Florida later in January. The hotel says that Edward and Sophie are expected. But Buckingham Palace only has Edward going.

yes, you're right, I see the same thing, may be she is very very tried:ermm:

Royalty meets footballers' wives

The Countess of Wessex has visited Reading Football Club to find out about the charity work undertaken by the players' wives and girlfriends (WAGS).
The Countess met children who had benefited from the group's fundraising.

thanks for the photos, Ice, it's nice to see sophie again.
she look some tried

Perhaps she's pregnant again and is feeling dizzy/faint? It would also explain the clothes being tight.

sophie is pregnant since august of 2005 when the mirror published in the front page obout the second pregnancy of sophie but never was true

im sure if Countess of Wessex would have another baby or not because she had trouble with etopic pregnant because she been carried Louise and Sophie had collaspe at home they she had emergency c-section at hospital but Louise very prematures baby.

i dont know if she would able to have another baby or not if she will try get pregnant we have wait and see if got confirmed from buckingham palace finger my cross

The rumours of possible pregnancy of the Countess of Wessex have been floating around since 2005. Since the Countess would have already given birth to her second child if there were any truth in the rumours, I think we can safely say they were false.

Rumours of her current pregnancy will be considered rumours, until they are backed by a trustworthy source. And this board's policy does not allow unfounded speculations.

Thank you for co-operation.

The Countess looks very youthful and glowing in the windswept photo. Perhaps she should consider chaning her hairstyle.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom