Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 11: September 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Britain's Prince Edward visits the Lodwar hospital 08, October 2006 where he met drought victims at the start of a four-nation tour of Africa. Queen Elizabeth's youngest son visited UK-funded schools, hospitals and water projects around Lodwar in Turkana district 510 kilometres northwest of Nairobi. /TONY KARUMBA/POOL"

(profimedia)

Britain's Prince Edward talks with Kenya's Turkana folk at the beginning of a four-nation tour of Africa, October 8, 2006. Queen Elizabeth's youngest son visited British-funded schools, hospitals and water projects around Lodwar in Turkana district in north-west Kenya, which has been hard hit by this year's drought across Africa.

from Reuters

More images from terra

72089c442cc18gfg9.jpg

A pic from today: "President Mwai Kibaki poses with Prince Edward of Britain who called on him at 09 October 2006 at State House,Nairobi during his four-day nation tour of Africa. / PPS (PRESIDENTIAL PRESS SERVICE)"

(profimedia)

Its great to see the Earl bringing much needed attention to a terrible tragedy. And I can't wait to see Sophie later on in the week.

While reading an article about the Prince's visit, it disturbed me to hear him referred to a junior royal. Since when is the son of a Queen considered junior!

When he has three elder siblings with children of their own, apparently.:D

"Britain's Prince Edward (R) talks to Mauritius Prime Minister Navinchandra Ramgoolam in Port Louis October 12, 2006. Prince Edward is on a four-nation tour of Africa to promote the International Award for Young People"

(Reuters via Yahoo.com)

Edward and Sophie's to South Africa is going great. A lot of people turned out to meet them, more than I expected actually. Edward and Sophie were both nice. I had met them before and well, knew that. Edward appeared tired and relieved that Sophie was with him. They still have a week almost of engagements left in South Africa before returning home.

I've noticed that Sophie will not be accompanying Edward to Antiqua at the end of the month. It has also be announced that Edward will be in America while Sophie is in Canada in November.

Last edited:
Claire, did you get the chance to speak to the Earl and Countess?

Claire said:
Edward and Sophie's to South Africa is going great. A lot of people turned out to meet them, more than I expected actually. Edward and Sophie were both nice. I had met them before and well, knew that. Edward appeared tired and relieved that Sophie was with him. They still have a week almost of engagements left in South Africa before returning home.

I've noticed that Sophie will not be accompanying Edward to Antiqua at the end of the month. It has also be announced that Edward will be in America while Sophie is in Canada in November.
It's a great experience for you, Claire. The Earl of Wessex has been quite active on work as always but we hope with Sophie there can help him more energy to continue work.
It appears on the Royal Diary of Engagements that the couple will have engagements in Canada and America on their own respectively as you say. And it is a pity that they will miss out this year's Diplomatic Reception which always gives appearances of glittering tiaras.

No I didn't get to talk to them personally. They did stop to talk to the kids in front of me - so I heard them saying how much they enjoyed visiting and the usual royal muttering. I do however have to say that Edward really needs to change the speech he makes at the these award ceremonies - I have attended two now and have read up on others he does around the globe and it is pretty much the same speech.

Sophie looks so much better with her hair short. It is also nice that Camilla loaned her hat to Edward, I hope he keeps it.

Claire, I only see tollfreepage.com's home page when I click on your links. Are there supposed to be linked directly to photos?

does anyone have any pictures of their tour of africa, its always the same when they go on a tour they never seem to get any publicity

thanks in advance

hey
really nice pics, claire!
i just wonder how often sophie cuts her hair ;) it changes regularly.
i think a little bit longer was the best way

I have been trying to find photos of the South Africa trip but apart from the few small shoots at housewessex there appear to be none. Has anyone managed to find anything else? I would love to see Sophie abroad there seems to be so little coverage of them at any of these events it always so disappointing. The English press seem happy to go all out with crumby news about Sophie particularly but never the terrific and charming person she seems to me to be. Only my thoughts mind you but I would love to see more and the upcoming Canada trip will probably be the same.

There was coverage of the trip on the South African news. Some really nice footage - but I am unable to put it online. There was also some other pics that appeared in numerous newspapers, but I acted to late it get them online. Sorry.

IT’S party-time de luxe right now, and the latest top-drawer thrill came as South Africa’s great and good put on their grandest gear for a dinner to honour Prince Edward, the Duke of Essex, and his wife, the attractive Countess Sophie. :)

No wonder we could find no news articles, we should have been searching under Edward's other numerous names and titles.
Here is an interesting article by South African top social columnist:
http://www.sundaytimes.co.za/articles/article.aspx?ID=ST6A213867

Claire said:
IT’S party-time de luxe right now, and the latest top-drawer thrill came as South Africa’s great and good put on their grandest gear for a dinner to honour Prince Edward, the Duke of Essex, and his wife, the attractive Countess Sophie. :)

No wonder we could find no news articles, we should have been searching under Edward's other numerous names and titles.
Here is an interesting article by South African top social columnist:
http://www.sundaytimes.co.za/articles/article.aspx?ID=ST6A213867

Duke of Essex? :wacko: Since when Edward has been Duke of Essex? :rolleyes: :lol:

Avalon said:
Duke of Essex? :wacko: Since when Edward has been Duke of Essex? :rolleyes: :lol:

The person writing this is so busy drooling over the clothes and name dropping, it was a mere slip of the pen! :ROFLMAO: Unless he has heard something...

She is a social columnist - drool over clothes and name drop is that she does for the living.
I pity poor Edward they never seem to get his title or even name right. The Australians are the worse - Some were even calling him Prince William, than there are the normal Prince Philips, Andrews and Charles. There are always a few Dukedoms tossed his way, Essex, Edinburgh I even saw one newspaper refer to him as Duke of England.

Personally I would consider wearing one of those name tags, Hi, I name is ...

Claire said:
Personally I would consider wearing one of those name tags, Hi, I name is ...
:lol: :lol:At least they spelled Edward and Sophie right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom