The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 09-15-2013, 08:22 PM

George VI and Cattle

I was told King George, I think VI, was interested in cattle and had a visitor from the USA who helped him with longhorn? cattle.
As a gift, he gave this man, George Morton, a set of Royal Doulton China.
Can this be verified?
thank you
Old 09-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Heir Apparent

This footage seems to confirm the interest in cattle.LONDON - CATTLE SHOW - British Pathé
George VI won prizes for Devon cattle at an agricultural show in London in 1937. Will dig around to see if I can find any mention of a gift of china.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:05 PM

Thank you so very much.
I know the family of George Morton and they still have some pieces of the royal doulton he had made for them as his gift to them. The plates are bordered in green and gold, there are steers with long hair and long horns on them.
Apparently King George asked Morton to visit him and talk to him about this breed of cattle.
So, I'd like to find some record of His Majesty's gift to the American, George Morton.
I cannot than you enough. wish AI could visit you in Tintenbar, Australia!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search