Which Royals Smoke?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would be very surprised if QEII smoked.But you already said you're not sure.Perhaps,she smoked occasionaly,because I can't imagine it otherwise :rolleyes:

i whole-heartedly agree with you, let us not condemn people who smoke, its a life-style choice. As long as they are not FORCING people to smoke, do not victimise them just because your life-style is different from theirs.

If they smoke in public they ARE forcing people to smoke.

I think it is a European thing. I was shocked to see how many people smoke in public. In Canada it is hard to find a public place too smoke.
Which is nice, because being a non-smoker with bad lungs (asthma), I am finally able to out to restaurants, bars etc..

Princess Eugenie im shocked always thought itd be her sister also Anne smoked for a short time i think

Those are old photos of King Harald. He quit smoking in 2003 when his doctor discovered he had cancer of the bladder. He did not start smoking again after undergoing successful bladder surgery.

thanks for the information Mandy...i should have added the phrase (used to be a smoker);)...do you know of any other royal who did quit smoking too?

thanks for the information Mandy...i should have added the phrase (used to be a smoker);)...do you know of any other royal who did quit smoking too?

I think that prince Frederick of Danemark stopped smoking because of Mary.

:ohmy: Yes,she does!!And she's in the street!!Is this good? :rolleyes: Cause I don't think it is...

I believe she is smoking outside while the party is indoors. In most countries of the European Union smoking is forbidden inside public places, so people need to go outside to smoke these days.

Alone I have seen felix smoking not if someone more in the family smokes

I have sceen a picture of Guillaume smoking back in (I think) around 2001, but I don't know if he has since quit or not. I have not sceen any pictures of his family members, with the exception of Félix of course, smoking.

It's very sad to see a smoking girl, who spoils her health in a such young age. Smoking is an awful habit, which is difficult to refuse.
And what's your opinion?

I have sceen a picture of Guillaume smoking back in (I think) around 2001, but I don't know if he has since quit or not. I have not sceen any pictures of his family members, with the exception of Félix of course, smoking.

Yes, I saw someone post (I can't remember if it was this forum or another, sorry) a picture of Guillaume with what looked like a cigarette in his hand while walking with Pia. The picture was not clear enough to see f it was really a cigarette, but the way he held it in his fingers looked like it was. I have not seen more recent pictures of him smoking, perhaps he only does it in private. After all, it does send a very negative message.

I also heard from someone that the Grand Duchess Maria Theresa smokes, but I have never seen pictures of it and cannot say if this is true or just a rumour, mere speculation. I'm inclined to think it's untrue.

I kind of wish I never knew that Felix smokes, because now when I see pictures of him I'm going to think...eww, stinky breath!

Anyone knows, if Prince Michael of Kent smokes? I think, Marie-Christine doesn't smoke, she said it in an interview (though can't believe everything they say to the public ;)). Lord Freddie seems to be a heavy smoker, there are numerous pics of him smoking, Gabriella smokes also...

Apparently Harry is now considering a hypnotist to help him quit smoking according to tabloids yesterday.

Apparently Harry is now considering a hypnotist to help him quit smoking according to tabloids yesterday.

Tabloids.

You know,the only thing it takes to quit smoking is you yourself.No hypnotist or other money making ballony can nor will help weaklings.

You just got to stop yourself and have some discipline,a rare commodity these days.

But,if one prefers to smoke,OK with me,no big deal.I am not God nor a judgemental little whatever,and I strongly dislike others that have these non-qualities.If Harry wishes to smoke,let him,as long as he doesn´t ask any of us for pocket money to purchase it,I strongly dislike these health care scare hypes.Ofcourse it is not really healthy,but neither is McDonalds and how many of you hang/out there?...

Health scare hypes,while I´m at it.That famous flue,it is milder then most ordinary flues and nothing special at all.it is just some nauseating hype by the pharmacy industry,and the lucky kid that produces Tamiflue,which,btw,is not well enough tested to even be on the market.It has way too many dangerous side effects and one is more likely to die of that then of the flue itself.
Trust me,it is not worth mentioning even and do not use Tamiflue ever.

Ofcourse the elderly and those with less resistance are always under close screening,with or without flue,and still it can just take a cough by the neighbour to make ´m pass over.There´s always that possibility,regardless time of year or flue or whatever.People are so easily hyped up,it´s really 21th century ballony.

Have a nice day,and mind the sidewalk,that car,the dog,the basement stairway,the frying pan,the air polluted by ,ao,your car or any other commodity that can make you change this life for another untimely.:)

Last edited:
Lucien, I do agree with you. Only a person him/herself can stop smoking. There is no easy way to quit as also with weight control.

Anyone knows, if Prince Michael of Kent smokes? I think, Marie-Christine doesn't smoke, she said it in an interview (though can't believe everything they say to the public ;)). Lord Freddie seems to be a heavy smoker, there are numerous pics of him smoking, Gabriella smokes also...

I am pretty sure that Prince Michael smoked when he was younger.....but perhaps MC persuaded him to give up at some stage! Then again he may still smoke, though one doesn't see pictures of him smoking!

Oh, I knew Q.Rania smokes, I had seen a couple of pics. Another favorite royal lady of mine, Princess Madeleine, also smokes. Needless to say how much I hate smoking!

Camilla is/was a longtime heavy smoker. The first time I heard her voice, I was shocked by how low and gravelly it is.

I am pretty sure that Prince Michael smoked when he was younger.....but perhaps MC persuaded him to give up at some stage! Then again he may still smoke, though one doesn't see pictures of him smoking!

Thanks for the reply, Connie. I was just curious because I've seen Freddie & Ella smoking for a few times in public. Quite interesting that there never have been pics of Princess Alexandra nor of the Duke of Kent smoking as well. I think we all know that their parents generation smoked a lot. There was no child of King George V. & Queen Mary which hadn't become a chain smoker (except poor Johnnie). I wonder if Princess Marina smoked? She had quite a low voice IMO.

Other royals who smoke
. King Simeon II of the Bulgarians
. Infanta Maria Adelaide of Portugal
. Infanta Margarita of Spain
. Prince Sergije of Serbia

Who also smoked:
. German Emperor Wilhelm II
. King Carol II of Romania
. King Edward VIII
. King Farouk I of Egypt
. King Georgios II of the Hellenes
. King Pavlos I of the Hellenes