The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-21-2018, 10:48 PM
Courtier

I think it makes sense that Harry would choose someone like Meghan. He is marrying up.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
I think it makes sense that Harry would choose someone like Meghan. He is marrying up.
To put it charitably at best.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

You guys have to catch up with these couples. Everyone has moved on.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-21-2018, 11:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
Harry has gotten very very lucky in finding a woman like Meghan that loves him and is willing to take all the baggage that comes with him...plus having similar views and interests, knows how to conduct herself around the media, is well educated, articulate and comfortable speaking to strangers.

He's won the lottery.

LaRae
Old 04-21-2018, 11:29 PM
Majesty

Harry and Meghan are perfect for each other. And I don't believe either thinks there is any marrying up.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Chelsy with her new boyfriend James Marshall in London on 25 April.

https://api.profimedia.com/data/larg...0369993884.jpg

https://www.profimedia.cz/similar/369993831

Chelsy on safari in Zambia!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BicVWbAn...-by=chelsydavy

Cressida make a photoshout "DANCING to my own BEAT"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjXhxm8g...ressida_bonas_

Chelsy enjoy Ibiza with friends

Chelsy Davy parties with friends during lavish hen weekend in Ibiza | Daily Mail Online

Chelsy at the The Victoria and Albert Museum Summer Party, London on 20 June

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...=Chelsy%20Davy
Old 04-28-2018, 02:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
She’d be perfect for him now. Older and more mature.
You are mourning the death of their relationship?
Old 04-28-2018, 02:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Chelsy with her new boyfriend James Marshall in London on 25 April.

https://api.profimedia.com/data/larg...0369993884.jpg

https://www.profimedia.cz/similar/369993831
The lady’s facial expression behind them is funny.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy

Honestly, at this point the people I feel most sorry for are the poor interns/low ranking reporters at certain publications (namely the Daily Mail, although possibly some others) who will be spending the next 3 weeks on Chelsy Davy/Cressida Bonas/Trevor Engelson watch to tell such riveting stories as "woman exits a theater" or "man goes to work after ex-wife's wedding a continent away".
Old 04-28-2018, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Not everyone wants to marry into the family...that doesn't mean you wouldn't pursue a relationship with one of them. Especially in this day and age.

LaRae
Well, I just hope that these girlfriends were very clear from the start: "Happy to be your girlfriend for a while, but never going to be your wife".

Harry might have mentioned previously that it was hard to find someone who wanted to be with him for life because of all the baggage because he 'lost' potential wives (in his book) due to his position - if he had known from the start, he might have experienced it differently.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am guessing at least some of them went into thinking we'll see how it goes and quickly came to realize it was not for them. I'd say a couple others were obvious from the start, just for fun.

LaRae
Old 04-28-2018, 06:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Chelsy at least I think went into it honestly believing they could make it work. It didn't go on as long as it did, because she was in it for fun. I think it was just too much in the end for her, and she realized she was never going to be able to deal with the royal life. I don't think one can blame her. I think many of us think we can think we can put up with anything for the man that we love. Unfortunately sometimes, despite our deepest intentions, that proves wrong. It better that she figured it out before they married and it ended after.

Cress I never thought she or Harry were serious. Harry was fresh from the army and needed a girlfriend when he was in town, for some fun. Cress was fresh from college and looking to let loose. They served a purpose for each other. Now that the purpose is over, they have both moved on.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

I agree about Chelsey, but they were too young and possibly not really well matched in some areas...and she had no desire to join the Firm.

I never though he and Cressie were headed to marriage. They did not seem well matched either.

LaRae
Old 04-28-2018, 06:30 PM
Majesty

By all indications Chelsey would a royal duchess at the moment were she willing to ‘take on the job’.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

No idea what you are talking about Rudolph...

LaRae
Old 04-28-2018, 06:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
By all indications Chelsey would a royal duchess at the moment were she willing to ‘take on the job’.
I slightly disagree with this. While I do think the Harry & Chelsy union would have lead to a wedding if she had wanted to "take on the job," there's no guarantee that it would have lasted or that she'd still be a royal duchess.

If Chelsy hadn't heeded the warning signs that she wasn't ready/suited for royal life in the naive belief that she'd eventually get used to it, I don't think the pairing would last. A relationship where one party is miserable is destructive and heartbreaking for all involved. It was better for her to realize that she couldn't be a royal duchess during the dating years than to try to fit the mold, fail, and (probably) leave innocent children in the media crossfire of another Windsor divorce (no matter how friendly).
Old 04-28-2018, 06:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I agree Rudolph........”were she willing”
Old 04-28-2018, 07:59 PM
Royal Highness

I think it's more than public scrutiny that made Chelsy and Cressida back off. Marrying royal comes with danger; as a member of the the BRF by marriage they would have been a target. Anne was almost kidnapped years ago and there was the IRA bombing that killed Louis Mountbatten. Had Chelsey or Cressida said yes to Harry she would have to go through the hostage training like Meghan, Kate and Diana did. That aspect of royal life may have been too much and could have been a factor of saying no.

I saw the picture of Chelsy and here new guy:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.daily...rced-pals.html

A bit too much in my opinion; trying too hard to show the world she has moved on from Harry.

And women who just want to date a royal, the royal would have to assess if that person is just out for bragging rights and won't run to the tabloids to detail intimate moments.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:55 PM
Majesty

Chelsy wanted to be a lawyer and was at university for the majority of the years she and Harry were together. Harry was in army training on tanks and then in intensive helicopter training. They were travelling in two different directions by the end.

Their romance was one of those joyful youthful romances that was full of fun but was also tumultuous. They split up several times. Chelsy loved Harry but knew in her heart she wasn't cut out for Royal life. She loved travelling and the freedom of being able to go back to her homeland whenever she could. I think she's still like that.

Harry and Chelsy have moved on. Harry is about to marry the woman he loves. There's no indication that he hankers after Chelsy or that she longs for Harry.

Let's not forget that Chelsy is now thirty two, will be thirty three in October. She hasn't married, isn't engaged and doesn't, as far as we know, have a live in partner. This guy might be the one. Who knows. However, I do think that Chelsy is quite a restless person and may not marry for quite a while.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I think it's more than public scrutiny that made Chelsy and Cressida back off. Marrying royal comes with danger; as a member of the the BRF by marriage they would have been a target. Anne was almost kidnapped years ago and there was the IRA bombing that killed Louis Mountbatten. Had Chelsey or Cressida said yes to Harry she would have to go through the hostage training like Meghan, Kate and Diana did. That aspect of royal life may have been too much and could have been a factor of saying no.

I saw the picture of Chelsy and here new guy:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.daily...rced-pals.html

A bit too much in my opinion; trying too hard to show the world she has moved on from Harry.
They have been broken up for years, and she has had more then one boyfriend since. I highly doubt Chelsy is trying to 'show people she has moved on'. She is acting like someone who is in her 30s and having fun at the start of a romance.

Just because she hasn't rushed to marry, even if some think 32 is a spinstress or something, doesn't mean she hadn't moved on.