The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-22-2017, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Beatrice's ex Dave Clarke and his fiancee in Cannes | Daily Mail Online

No matter how much Beatrice says she is happy for him, I think things like this must make her cringe.
And he seems insensitive.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, Bea was in Cannes, now Dave is in Cannes. They're all living their lives. The man has moved on and look very happy. For a peace of mind it's better to wish someone well and be happy for them.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-22-2017, 04:22 PM
Royal Highness

I never knew Beatrice dated a Dave "Clarke". The Mail's headline writers appear to be in top form.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Beatrice's ex Dave Clarke and his fiancee in Cannes | Daily Mail Online

No matter how much Beatrice says she is happy for him, I think things like this must make her cringe.
And he seems insensitive.
Obviously we don't really know who ended the relationship or whether it was mutual. But there are lots of stories like this, where a man dates one woman for a long time and doesn't marry her, then gets engaged quickly to another woman and many times, the first woman is upset. Which I certainly would be, too. You might question what is wrong with you that he didn't want to marry you but knew so quickly with someone else. Not to say that Beatrice is experiencing those feelings, but it's also possible that she is.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I realize Melissa's birthday is the same date as Pippa's wedding, but it's odd she chose to throw a big party on that day (since she and her brother George were most likely given the save-the-date notices months ago).

I wonder if that's because of her ex-husband, Tom Van Straubenzee, who was at Pippa's wedding?
Yes, I actually wondered on the wedding day whereabouts Earl Percy (George) was, as he and Pippa have been such good friends for years. (Though I have to say I haven't seen them about together in the last couple of years.) Then I read about Missy Percy's big birthday party on the same date.

Although Pippa is friendly with the Percy family and has stayed at Alnwick Castle several times I've always thought of George Percy being Pippa's primary friend in the family.

I've never seen Missy or Pippa hanging out together, for instance. Perhaps Missy holds big birthday bashes every year on her birthday and didn't want to change the date for her 30th. Some posters on other forums have spotted Pippa's university mates JJ Jardine and Ted Innes-Kerr (and partners) at Pippa's wedding, and supposedly someone spotted George Percy there with a girlfriend. However, some guests' photos haven't appeared on media outlets sites, so it's difficult to say whether George was there or at Syon.

If Missy did receive an invitation she almost certainly refused the invite due to Tom van's attendance. Who wants to be meeting up with your ex spouse on an otherwise joyous occasion!
Old 05-23-2017, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

I've never seen Missy or Pippa hanging out together, for instance. Perhaps Missy holds big birthday bashes every year on her birthday and didn't want to change the date for her 30th. Some posters on other forums have spotted Pippa's university mates JJ Jardine and Ted Innes-Kerr (and partners) at Pippa's wedding, and supposedly someone spotted George Percy there with a girlfriend. However, some guests' photos haven't appeared on media outlets sites, so it's difficult to say whether George was there or at Syon.

If Missy did receive an invitation she almost certainly refused the invite due to Tom van's attendance. Who wants to be meeting up with your ex spouse on an otherwise joyous occasion!

Missy and Pippa must hang out sometimes, since they are tennis partners.

I did hear that George went to the Syon party instead of the wedding.
But I very much doubt it was with a girlfriend.
He doesn't seem the type.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:10 PM
Majesty

Yes, Pippa was also just a nice platonic friend of George's. Also, after much searching, nobody has come up with a photo of George at the wedding so I do think he was at Syon with his sister and co.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Who wants to be meeting up with your ex spouse on an otherwise joyous occasion!
I can honestly say that is something that never crossed my mind. Went to many weddings, charity events children's weddings, etc., where my ex-husband was also attending. Danced with him at many. Once when my sept-daughter found out that he was alone on Christmas, invited my ex to family Christmas dinner at her home when, of course, my second husband and I plus rest of family were there. No big deal. We all got along. Just because our 12 years marriage went sour, didn't mean he didn't exist in my new family's life. Never wanted him dead, just refused to tolerate his gambling any more.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
I realize Melissa's birthday is the same date as Pippa's wedding, but it's odd she chose to throw a big party on that day (since she and her brother George were most likely given the save-the-date notices months ago).

I wonder if that's because of her ex-husband, Tom Van Straubenzee, who was at Pippa's wedding?
I am glad you noticed this too. Tom is best buddies w/William and rumor has it that Kate was trying to fix up Tom w/new girlfriends while his divorce from Missy wasn't even finalized.

My guess is that the Percys may have been invited but chose to continue with the 30th birthday party because Pippa's wedding included not only Tom but William & Kate too. Thus I can see Missy having her own birthday and the rest of the Percys - Katie & George - going to Missy's party as support. The Percy family seems pretty close knit.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Missie, Katie, Tom? Ah... Lady Melissa Percy, Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge and Mr Thomas van Straubenzee?
Old 06-05-2017, 02:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Missie, Katie, Tom? Ah... Lady Melissa Percy, Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge and Mr Thomas van Straubenzee?
Katie as in the duchess of Cambridge didn't read too closely in your outrage

Says the Percy's, George and Katie,.... As in Missy's siblings George and Katie Percy.

Both Melissa are publically and commonly known as Missy and Tom. It was quite clear who is being talked about. Bit bratty to pretend not to know who it is. Not like we are calling Catherine, Kity or something bizarre.

I highly doubt Misdy not attending had anything to do with her ex. They move I'm the same social circles and rub elbows all the time. While Tom may be very close to William, it was not Willisms event. Missy and George have been friends with Pippa for over a decade. I highly doubt To,pm being there was a deciding factor.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It was quite clear who is being talked about. Bit bratty to pretend not to know who it is. Not like we are calling Catherine, Kity or something bizarre.
Could we not do that? As unpleasant as it is for the person being addressed, it is also unpleasant for other people to read. The world is so polarized and unpleasant, one can understand being jumpy, but.....would be nice not to see such quick negative retorts.....just because. Please?
Old 06-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, Pippa was also just a nice platonic friend of George's. Also, after much searching, nobody has come up with a photo of George at the wedding so I do think he was at Syon with his sister and co.
Someone did come up with a photo of George at Pippa's wedding ceremony.
So apparently he attended the ceremony but then went to his sister's birthday party in the evening.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Chelsy Davy attends at a luxury handbag launch in London

Chelsy Davy joins Forte sisters at Brown's Hotel in London | Daily Mail Online

Cressida Bonas stars as George Orwell's wife in new play

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...essida%20Bonas

Cressida Bonas celebrates her new London play

Cressida Bonas shows off svelte figure in jumpsuit | Daily Mail Online

Koo Stark was with the Duke of York for 18 months in the 1980s and has always been protective of her privacy

Prince Andrew's former lover Koo Stark a target for I'm A Celebrity - who hope she spills beans on royal love - Mirror Online

Cressida Bonas and her brother Jacobi Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe leaving the Old Red Lion Theatre in Islington where she is starring in 'Mrs Orwell' play yesterday

https://www.profimedia.cz/photo-bank...cressida+bonas

Cressida Bonas at the Doubke Date premiere in London

Cressida Bonas flashes midriff at Double Date premiere | Daily Mail Online

Chelsy Davy enjoy the holidays in Saint Tropez

Chelsy Davystuns in orange bikini in Saint Tropez | Daily Mail Online

Chelsy continue her holidays in Mykonos!!

Chelsy Davy shows Prince Harry exactly what he’s missing | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-18-2017, 03:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip's ex Emma Pernald with husband Tomas Jonson at the wedding of Anna Ridderstadt and Jöns Bartholdson, 10th June.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 07-17-2017, 03:13 AM
Majesty

What is Chelsy taking a holiday FROM exactly? She's seems to have turned into the ultimate socialite since she left the legal profession. And as she and Harry first broke up early in 2009 and split permanently early in 2011, I don't suppose Harry's missing anything, six years later! He's moved on, she's moved on, nothing to see, folks.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

So glad that romance ended she is not too fussy about working
Old 07-18-2017, 09:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

Something tells me Harry isn't feeling like he's "missing" anything nowadays.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
So glad that romance ended she is not too fussy about working
To be fair, why should she be?
She's a rich girl who only has to please herself.

(If I were that wealthy, I don't know that I'd work either!)
Old 07-18-2017, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
To be fair, why should she be?

She's a rich girl who only has to please herself.

(If I were that wealthy, I don't know that I'd work either!)

I agree but if she married Harry she would have needed to work.