Royals and Their Pets

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Margrethe II always had dachshund dogs, and her mom never liked of pets at home

Rio must not like staying home! :D It feels like he gets out more (officially, too) than any other royal pet.

Her father has been known to bring his as well.

Only non Swedish royal who I can even picture bringing their dog on an official duty (not a portrait or unofficial like polo match) is Camilla who has brought her dogs when she visits the dog shelter she patron of.

Her father has been known to bring his as well.

Only non Swedish royal who I can even picture bringing their dog on an official duty (not a portrait or unofficial like polo match) is Camilla who has brought her dogs when she visits the dog shelter she patron of.

Princess Caroline of Monaco sometimes totes her little dachshunds around on official visits in the Principality.

Is Carl XVI Gustaf's dog a Dachshund?

The Swedish football team was enthusiastically welcomed home from the World Cup by Victoria, Estelle, Oscar – and Rio. :D

Poor Jan, left alone without the girls, hopefully Felipe will remember what kind of dog-friendly life he once had before meeting Letizia (who dislikes animals) and will pay some serious attention to the poor doggo. :sad:

I think he has a buddy, didnt Leonor get a labrador too at her communion?

Yes, Sara the brown Lab. Both doggies aren't allowed to be inside the palace. Poor angels. I once read that the Guardia Civil officers of Zarzuela are the ones to look after the animals.

Last edited:
Labradors are the prime example of family dogs lets hope that Letizia is allergic ?

King Carl Gustaf participated on 4th September in an Agricultural field trip with the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) in Djurgården. And of course he had his dog Brandie with him.

Victoria, you need to get him to wear boots. :lol:

I really enjoy this thread seeing the many royals with their pets i.e.their dogs.

Yes, dogs are great fun, but I’ve always wondered why royals don’t seem to have pet cats, though some have horses and ponies of course. However the only royal I’ve heard of who really loves cats is Princess Michael of Kent.

:previous: I am equally passionate about both dogs and cats. I agree that I wish we read more about cat loving Royals.

Back
Top Bottom