If you could’ve arranged marriages between royals and other royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: the another pros I think of is, maybe it can let us see Ena's aquamarine loop tiara on another Spanish Queen :D

I will move the discussion on royal same-sex marriages over here:

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/lhbtq-royalty-7689.html

Leonor of Spain with one of the sons of Prince Guilaume of Luxembourg and Sibilla Weiller (Prince Paul-Louis, Prince Leopold, Prince Jean).
Pros :
1. The boys are male line Bourbon. So the royal house of Spain will remain Bourbon.

While the Princes of Nassau also carry the subsidiary title Prince of Bourbon of Parma, their official surname and house membership is of Nassau. So if Princess Leonor and her hypothetical husband were to follow the male-line naming convention with their children, the royal house of Spain would become Nassau, assuming the monarchy survived. But it would be their choice, since in Spain the parents choose the order of paternal and maternal surnames.

Last edited:
Princess Leonor of Spain with Karoly von Habsburg

Leonor of Spain with one of the sons of Prince Guilaume of Luxembourg and Sibilla Weiller (Prince Paul-Louis, Prince Leopold, Prince Jean).
Pros :
1. The boys are male line Bourbon. So the royal house of Spain will remain Bourbon.
2. They are from a reigning royal family (Luxembourg), unlike other Bourbon branches that are no longer reiging.
3. Their mother, Sibilla Weiller is a descendant of King Alfonso XIII of Spain through Infanta Beatriz. So, Leonor and the boys are third cousins. Not harmful genetically but still related.
Whoever married her would be a consort so it wouldn’t matter if the other branches of the Bourbon family don’t reign. Plus the Luxembourgers are technically and legally Nassaus not Bourbon-Parma even though they are strictly by male line descendants of the House of Bourbon.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems we've had this exercise before but I do like considering the various potential matches. So, here's my attempt for suitable royal (or noble) candidates for the European heirs (or heir's heirs) - preferably about their own age and religion (for which I group all protestants together):

Sweden: Princess Estelle (Feb 2012)
After Denmark had a Swedish princess as their queen, why not a Danish prince as the future prince consort; and several family members also have British spouses:
- Prince Vincent of Denmark (Jan 2011)
- James, Earl of Wessex (Dec 2007)

Norway: Princess Ingrid-Alexandra (Jan 2004)
A sporty prince (or count ?) would be preferable... Not sure about the athletic abilities of the various candidates.
- Count Felix of Monpezat (July 2002) [3rd cousin once removed]
- Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg (March 2004)

Denmark: Prince Christian (Oct 2005)
One of the younger Dutch princesses might work out (we know for sure that they know each other, so that helps - Ariane might be the better match imho) or a daughter of one of his parents' German royal friends:
- Princess Alexia of the Netherlands (June 2005); or her younger sister: Princess Ariane of the Netherlands (April 2007)
- Princess Paulina of Hesse (March 2007)

UK: Prince George (July 2013)
A match between their parents was often suggested but never worked out, so what about their children (and another option among the many descendants of queen Victoria):
- Princess Leonore of Sweden (Feb 2014) [also a descendant of queen Victoria]
- Princess Emma of Prussia (April 2015) [also a descendant of queen Victoria]

The Netherlands: Princess Catharina-Amalia (Dec 2003)
Amalia has stated that she likes German guys because they are more polite/gallant than Dutch guys. So, based on that criterion:
- Hereditary Prince Leopold of Baden (May 2002); or his middle brother: Prince Friedrich of Baden (March 2004)
- Duke Kirill of Oldenburg (June 2002); or his second brother: Duke Carlos of Oldenburg (April 2004)

Belgium: Princess Elisabeth (Oct 2001)
A Roman-Catholic prince seems the best match - so, maybe someone from the Liechtenstein family or a non-reigning Roman Catholic royal (or imperial) house:
- Prince Georg vuz Liechtenstein (April 1999); or his brother: Prince Nikolaus vuz Liechtenstein (Dec 2000)
- Infante Dinis of Portugal (Nov 1999)

Luxembourg: Prince Charles (May 2020)
My youngest niece born in May 2020... oh no, she isn't royal nor noble :whistling: Of course, we could look for a potential bride in Belgium but preferably not the royal family as they are still relatively closely related - and the same goes for example for some Habsburgs and Liechtensteiners, so including both a daughter of a Belgian princess and close friend of Charles's mother (princess Blanche de Mérode, she was one of the witnesses at the wedding of Guillaume and Stéphanie!) and a German princess (living in Madrid with a Peruvian mother):
- Freiin Cléo vuz Bodman (Feb 2020)
- Princess Sofia of Hanover (July 2020)

Liechtenstein: Prince Joseph-Wenzel (May 1995)
Some princesses of his age group are already married or engaged, so, we need a young woman that is still available. Astrid's family is very much Switzerland-focused, so they already are used to (living in) the Alpes (and for a bit of fun: a Greek princess :D):
- Princess Luisa Maria of Belgium (Oct 1995)
- Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece (July 1996)

Monaco: Prince Jacques (Dec 2014)
A French princess sounds unlikely but perfect (so, I'm landing at one of the Count of Paris's daughters); alternatively, one of the daughters of prince Jaime and princess Viktoria de Bourbon de Parme could be a match:
- Princess Louise-Marguerite of Orleans (July 2014); or her younger sister: Princess Jacinthe of Orleans (Oct 2018)
- Princess Zita de Bourbon de Parme (Feb 2014); or her younger sister: Princess Gloria de Bourbon de Parme (May 2016)

Spain: Princess Leonor (Oct 2005)
I really liked MagdalenaS's idea of one of the sons of prince Guillaume of Luxembourg. Because of age, I'll settle on the youngest - but a Belgian prince would of course also be a great option:
- Prince Jean of Nassau (July 2004)
- Prince Gabriel of Belgium (Aug 2003); or his younger brother: Prince Emmanuel of Belgium (Oct 2005)

Last edited:
I thought Peter Philips - princess Anne son - would have made a good partner for crown princess Victoria. I also thought Alexandra of Luxembourg and prince Rafael of orleans braganza would be nice as would prince Josef Wenzel & Alexandra of Hanover

I thought Peter Philips - princess Anne son - would have made a good partner for crown princess Victoria. I also thought Alexandra of Luxembourg and prince Rafael of orleans braganza would be nice as would prince Josef Wenzel & Alexandra of Hanover
Peter isn’t royal, he’s not even the son of a baronet so a hypothetical marriage to Victoria would be no different than her marriage to Daniel.

It seems we've had this exercise before but I do like considering the various potential matches. So, here's my attempt for suitable royal (or noble) candidates for the European heirs (or heir's heirs) - preferably about their own age and religion (for which I group all protestants together):

Sweden: Princess Estelle (Feb 2012)
After Denmark had a Swedish princess as their queen, why not a Danish prince as the future prince consort; and several family members also have British spouses:
- Prince Vincent of Denmark (Jan 2011)
- James, Earl of Wessex (Dec 2007)

Norway: Princess Ingrid-Alexandra (Jan 2004)
A sporty prince (or count ?) would be preferable... Not sure about the athletic abilities of the various candidates.
- Count Felix of Monpezat (July 2002) [3rd cousin once removed]
- Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg (March 2004)

Denmark: Prince Christian (Oct 2005)
One of the younger Dutch princesses might work out (we know for sure that they know each other, so that helps - Ariane might be the better match imho) or a daughter of one of his parents' German royal friends:
- Princess Alexia of the Netherlands (June 2005); or her younger sister: Princess Ariane of the Netherlands (April 2007)
- Princess Paulina of Hesse (March 2007)

UK: Prince George (July 2013)
A match between their parents was often suggested but never worked out, so what about their children (and another option among the many descendants of queen Victoria):
- Princess Leonore of Sweden (Feb 2014) [also a descendant of queen Victoria]
- Princess Emma of Prussia (April 2015) [also a descendant of queen Victoria]

The Netherlands: Princess Catharina-Amalia (Dec 2003)
Amalia has stated that she likes German guys because they are more polite/gallant than Dutch guys. So, based on that criterion:
- Hereditary Prince Leopold of Baden (May 2002); or his middle brother: Prince Friedrich of Baden (March 2004)
- Duke Kirill of Oldenburg (June 2002); or his second brother: Duke Carlos of Oldenburg (April 2004)

Belgium: Princess Elisabeth (Oct 2001)
A Roman-Catholic prince seems the best match - so, maybe someone from the Liechtenstein family or a non-reigning Roman Catholic royal (or imperial) house:
- Prince Georg vuz Liechtenstein (April 1999); or his brother: Prince Nikolaus vuz Liechtenstein (Dec 2000)
- Infante Dinis of Portugal (Nov 1999)

Luxembourg: Prince Charles (May 2020)
My youngest niece born in May 2020... oh no, she isn't royal nor noble :whistling: Of course, we could look for a potential bride in Belgium but preferably not the royal family as they are still relatively closely related - and the same goes for example for some Habsburgs and Liechtensteiners, so including both a daughter of a Belgian princess and close friend of Charles's mother (princess Blanche de Mérode, she was one of the witnesses at the wedding of Guillaume and Stéphanie!) and a German princess (living in Madrid with a Peruvian mother):
- Freiin Cléo vuz Bodman (Feb 2020)
- Princess Sofia of Hanover (July 2020)

Liechtenstein: Prince Joseph-Wenzel (May 1995)
Some princesses of his age group are already married or engaged, so, we need a young woman that is still available. Astrid's family is very much Switzerland-focused, so they already are used to (living in) the Alpes (and for a bit of fun: a Greek princess :D):
- Princess Luisa Maria of Belgium (Oct 1995)
- Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece (July 1996)

Monaco: Prince Jacques (Dec 2014)
A French princess sounds unlikely but perfect (so, I'm landing at one of the Count of Paris's daughters); alternatively, one of the daughters of prince Jaime and princess Viktoria de Bourbon de Parme could be a match:
- Princess Louise-Marguerite of Orleans (July 2014); or her younger sister: Princess Jacinthe of Orleans (Oct 2018)
- Princess Zita de Bourbon de Parme (Feb 2014); or her younger sister: Princess Gloria de Bourbon de Parme (May 2016)

Spain: Princess Leonor (Oct 2005)
I really liked MagdalenaS's idea of one of the sons of prince Guillaume of Luxembourg. Because of age, I'll settle on the youngest - but a Belgian prince would of course also be a great option:
- Prince Jean of Nassau (July 2004)
- Prince Gabriel of Belgium (Aug 2003); or his younger brother: Prince Emmanuel of Belgium (Oct 2005)
I think the Liechtenstein princely family are better matched with Catholic families from the old Austro-Hungarian empire so I wouldn’t add Olympia.

For Luxembourg, there are many members of the Habsburg and Liechtenstein family to match with because there are many branches.

Peter isn’t royal, he’s not even the son of a baronet so a hypothetical marriage to Victoria would be no different than her marriage to Daniel.

You are fully entitled to your opinion as others are entitled to theirs. My guess is that most Swedes would not consider Peter Phillips to be "no different" than Daniel Westling before his marriage in terms of being royal.

You are fully entitled to your opinion as others are entitled to theirs. My guess is that most Swedes would not consider Peter Phillips to be "no different" than Daniel Westling before his marriage in terms of being royal.
My so called “opinion” isn’t an opinion but a fact, you can’t claim someone to be a Prince when they aren’t one or don’t have a Princely title. The point is both Daniel and Peter Philips don’t have princely titles so are not Princes (I have nothing against either btw). When I say he’s no different to Daniel, I’m saying because both men aren’t royal by birth.

My so called “opinion” isn’t an opinion but a fact, you can’t claim someone to be a Prince when they aren’t one or don’t have a Princely title. The point is both Daniel and Peter Philips don’t have princely titles so are not Princes (I have nothing against either btw). When I say he’s no different to Daniel, I’m saying because both men aren’t royal by birth.

"Peter Phillips does not have a princely title" is indeed a fact, but no one has claimed that he has a princely title.

"Peter Phillips isn't royal" and "Peter Phillips' hypothetical marriage to Victoria would be no different than her marriage to Daniel" are not, to borrow your phrasing, so-called "facts" but opinions.

Last edited:
"Peter Phillips does not have a princely title" is indeed a fact, but no one has claimed that he has a princely title.

"Peter Phillips isn't royal" and "Peter Phillips' hypothetical marriage to Victoria would be no different than her marriage to Daniel" are not, to borrow your phrasing, so-called "facts" but opinions.
How is what I am saying an opinion?

How is what I am saying an opinion?

There is no commonly agreed test to define the line between "royal" and "not royal" in describing persons or marriages.

Some royal watchers define only those persons who have prince/ssly titles as "royal", and from this point of view it is factually correct to describe Peter Phillips as "not royal".

At the same time, other royal watchers would define persons who are members of a royal family (which Peter Phillips is) as "royal", and on that basis it is factually correct to describe Peter Phillips as "royal".

There are also royal watchers who would consider any close family member of a hereditary monarch to be "royal", and using this criterion Peter Phillips is also "royal".

As long as there is no general agreement on the meaning of "royal", it seems prudent to respect differing opinions.

Rest assured that most posters on The Royal Forums are aware that Peter Phillips is untitled, whether they consider him royal or not. :flowers:

Hypothetical or no, Peter is and always will be directly descended from British kings and queens. His mother is a princess, Royal on both sides.If she had given the okay, Peter would have been titled from birth.

Daniel-as wonderful as he is, doesn't have any such distinction.

Last edited:

All good - point taken ? I did have another match for Victoria in mind and he is prince Nikolas of Greece - son of king Constantine and Queen Anne Marie. He is about eight years older than Victoria but he seems loyal and sensible which could be beneficial in a consort role

Victoria and Nikolaos were romantically linked for a brief period of time. I remember reading about it. Of course nothing came of it and they remained good friends.

They attended one another's weddings if memory serves.

Victoria and Nikolaos were romantically linked for a brief period of time. I remember reading about it. Of course nothing came of it and they remained good friends.

They attended one another's weddings if memory serves.

Ohhhhh I didn’t know that - I love how you learn things from this site!! Thankyou for sharing!!

The Duke of Edinburgh and Martha Louise went on a date or two. :) Can you image how that scenario could have ended - lol.
Personally, I think that the Scandinavian royals should be placed with each other - as they are actually friendly.
It would have been nice to see a pic or two of the Wessex kids interacting with the Princesses of Netherlands, Belgium and Spain at pre-Coronation party. James would have been staring at a wall for the whole time - Louise would have held her own. I can imagine that some of the older royal get together only at World of Warcraft - James, the Prince of Japan and Christian from Denmark to shot a few things and complain about their parents and sisters.

Hypothetical or no, Peter is and always will be directly descended from British kings and queens. His mother is a princess, Royal on both sides.If she had given the okay, Peter would have been titled from birth.

Peter would have been titled as the son of an earl, but would never have been a prince, i.e. held a royal title. The latter was probably never under the consideration and I doubt Queen Elizabeth II would have been progressive enough to change the rule that princely titles are not awarded in maternal line (other than to children of an heiress to the throne like herself once). Daniel, on the other hand, is a prince and an HRH and he also legally took up his wife's family name, so he is a Bernadotte now.

I think there is strong case to make that Peter is technically not royal even though he is Queen Elizabeth II's grandson. He doesn't bear the family name of the current British royal family (Mountbatten-Windsor) and his personal arms are his father's arms, differenced by a three-point label. Unlike other grandchildren of Queen Elizabeth II who descend from her in paternal line, he doesn't use a differenced version of the Royal Coat of Arms of the United Kingdom as his personal arms. That would not have changed even if he were titled as the son of an earl, as he belongs to the Phillips family.

Last edited:
:previous: My point was that Peter marrying CP Victoria would NOT have been the same as Daniel Westling marrying Victoria Mbruno. In the eyes of press and public she would have married QEII's eldest grandson...not her gym trainer.

No explaining away about how Peter is technically a commoner would have mattered. It would NOT have been the same period.

Last edited:

Ohhhhh I didn’t know that - I love how you learn things from this site!! Thankyou for sharing!!

I'm afraid that whoever you read it from was mistaken. There have been no credible reports of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden being romantically linked to a member of a royal or ex-royal family, and the only romantic partnerships which she made public were with Daniel Collert and Daniel Westling.

The Duke of Edinburgh and Martha Louise went on a date or two. :)

Do you have a source? :flowers:

This one's fun, and I have so many potential matches in my mind as well as my thoughts on them if applicable.

UK
Prince George of Wales (July 22, 2013)
  • Princess Leonore of Sweden (February 20, 2014): This sounds like a match Leonore's grandmother Eva O'Neill would plot, since she was linked to King Charles in the past.
  • Princess Halaevalu Mataʻaho of Tonga (July 12, 2014): I think it would be fun to watch how the world reacts to a marriage between a European royal and a non-European royal. Moreover, Princess Halaevalu is a Protestant (albeit Methodist instead of Anglican) like George, so why not?
  • Princess Emma Marie of Prussia (April 2, 2015): I think this match would be controversial because Emma Marie's ancestry, but I hope there won't be a huge fuss about it if it ever happens since we've come quite a long way.

Spain
Princess Leonor (October 31, 2005)
  • Prince Gabriel of Belgium (August 20, 2003): A fairly straightforward choice for various reasons.
  • Prince Emmanuel of Belgium (October 4, 2005): A viable alternative in case things don't go well between Leonor and Gabriel.

Netherlands
Princess Catharina-Amalia (December 7, 2003)
  • Count Richard von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth (September 14, 1999): Since Catharina-Amalia prefers German guys over Dutch ones, I think Count Richard would make an interesting choice even if he's very low-profile.
  • Count Felix of Monpezat (July 22, 2002): I bet Felix's mother Alexandra is plotting this match to make Felix a prince once more.
Princess Alexia (June 26, 2005)
  • Miguel Urdangarin y de Borbón (April 30, 2002): I bet this will give the Argentine Monarchical Movement extra motivation to turn Argentina into a monarchy with Alexia as its queen. But then again, it's possible that Alexia would rather stay in the Netherlands.

Belgium
Princess Elisabeth (October 25, 2001)
  • Padmanabh Singh, titular Maharajah of Jaipur (July 2, 1998): OK, so this is one of the wildest matches I've come up with because he's Hindu and she's Catholic. Nevertheless, it just keeps latching in my mind that I have to include this. If this does happen, they might incorporate the title Maharajah of Jaipur in the male line through agnatic primogeniture.
Princess Eléonore (April 16, 2008)
  • Archduke Karoly-Konstantin von Habsburg (July 20, 2004): I think the shared history between the Habsburgs and Belgian royals alongside Roman Catholicism would make this match preferable.
Prince Nicolas or Aymeric (December 13, 2005)
  • Princess Milena of Montenegro (February 11, 2008): Even though Milena has no brothers to continue the House of Petrović-Njegoš, I've been toying with having a prince marrying into her house just to see her grandfather's reaction to it.

Luxembourg
Prince Charles (May 10, 2020)
  • Princess Geraldine of Albania (October 22, 2020): This is something that has been brewing in my mind for quite some time. Even more so during Geraldine's baptism, where Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg is the godmother.
Prince Gabriel of Nassau (March 12, 2006)
  • Eugenie de Bourbon, daughter of Louis Alphonse (5 March 2007)

Denmark
Prince Christian (October 15, 2005)
  • Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau (June 3, 2006): This is a match I've thought of just now, so why don't I talk about this? It will probably be
Countess Athena of Monpezat (January 24, 2012)
  • Prince Gaston of Orléans (November 19, 2009): She'd have to convert to Catholicism if this match happens, but since she studied in a Catholic private school back in Denmark, she might be willing. Besides, her three-quarters French background might make the match appealing. My only concern is that her mom might use it to make Athena a princess once more.

Norway
Princess Ingrid Alexandra (January 21, 2004)
  • Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau (March 21, 2004): With his entrepreneurial spirit, he could be a good influence on Norway regarding entrepreneurship.
Maud Angelica Behn (April 29, 2003)
  • Prince Hridayendra of Nepal (July 30, 2002): This is a rather bizarre one that suddenly came to my mind a few years ago. Besides, what if there are two Queen Mauds in this world, one of Norway, and the other of Nepal?

Sweden
Princess Estelle (February 23, 2012)
  • Prince Vincent of Denmark (January 8, 2011): Pretty straightforward, and they're genetically distant enough to not worry about possible genetic defects. Besides, it would be interesting to see the Swedish royal family tracing descent from King Carl XV of Sweden.
Princess Leonore (February 20, 2014)
  • Prince George of Wales (see above)
  • Prince Giorgi Bagrationi of Georgia (September 27, 2011): I think it would be cool to see the Bagrationis, one of the oldest royal dynasties in the world, marrying in someone from European royalty, especially a descendant of Queen Victoria of the UK. Besides, many Orthodox royal families have married in Protestant princesses on the condition that they convert to Orthodoxy, and I wouldn't be surprised if this happens to Leonore as well.
Princess Adrienne (March 9, 2018)
  • Prince Stephen of Serbia (December 15, 2018): It would be interesting to see the Serbian royal family having another dynastically equal marriage. Like with Leonore and Giorgi, Adrienne would have to convert to Orthodoxy. Another reason for this match is that the Bernadotte and Karadjordjević dynasties are of commoner origin, which would connect both families even further.

Monaco
Prince Jacques (December 10, 2014)
  • Princess Amalia of Nassau (June 15, 2014)
  • Princess Louise-Marguerite of Orléans (July 30, 2014)
Princess Gabriella (December 10, 2014)
  • Prince Umberto of Savoy-Aosta (March 7, 2009): Since the male members of the Aosta branch still marry princesses, I think Gabriella is one of the most ideal choices. She's too distantly related to the other royals for any possible children to have genetic defects.

Liechtenstein
Prince Joseph Wenzel (May 24, 1995)
  • Countess Mafalda Arrivabene-Valenti-Gonzaga, niece of Prince Aimone, Duke of Aosta (December 27, 1997): The Liechtensteiner princely family's main line usually marries in royalty or nobility, so I think she would be a good match.
  • Countess Maddalena Arrivabene-Valenti-Gonzaga, niece of Prince Aimone, Duke of Aosta (April 24, 2000): If not Mafalda, then her sister Maddalena would do as well.

Brunei
Prince Abdul Muntaqim (March 17, 2007)
  • Sheikha Jalila bint Mohammad Al Maktoum (December 2, 2007): A dynastically equal marriage between two Muslim royals, one Arab and the other Malay, would be exciting to watch. This might boost interest in Brunei if it happens.

Morocco
Crown Prince Moulay Hassan (May 8, 2003)
  • Sheikha Jalila bint Mohammad Al Maktoum (December 2, 2007): A dynastically equal marriage between two Arab royals from the opposite ends of the Arab world would be interesting. Maybe it will boost more interest in Morocco.

Lesotho
Prince Lerotholi Seeiso (April 18, 2007)
  • Princess Isabella of Denmark (April 21, 2007): Another match that has been brewing in my mind for a while. The funny thing is the proximity of their birthdays and me entertaining the idea of a dynastic marriage between a European royal family and an African one. Not to mention that it could provide Basotho Protestants some royal representation.

Tonga
Prince Taufaʻahau Manumataongo (May 10, 2013)
  • Princess Charlotte of Wales (May 2, 2015): What if by some fluke Tonga gets a royal consort of foreign origin? Even more so if Prince George marries one of Prince Taufaʻahau's sisters.

If we were to include generally famous people, my list would've been much weirder than this, and some things would've changed.

I'm afraid that whoever you read it from was mistaken. There have been no credible reports of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden being romantically linked to a member of a royal or ex-royal family, and the only romantic partnerships which she made public were with Daniel Collert and Daniel Westling.

Do you have a source? :flowers:

The story that Victoria and Nikaloas were involved might have been incorrect, but the fact is that they certainly were linked/rumored to be involved at one point.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/20010928370437/victoriaofsweden/

And that is not the only place. There is a very old copy of US Vanity Fair that reported the rumor as well.

The story that Victoria and Nikaloas were involved might have been incorrect, but the fact is that they certainly were linked/rumored to be involved at one point.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/20010928370437/victoriaofsweden/

And that is not the only place. There is a very old copy of US Vanity Fair that reported the rumor as well.

Thank you for the source! However, I can't concur that this reaches the level of "rumor". The language in the article, such as "And these days the attractive pair seem to be getting along famously", "some speculate that their growing friendship may signal the next big European Union", and "while speculation of royal nuptials between the two may be a bit premature, the very possibility has royal watchers in a frenzy" does not strike me as hinting at a romantic relationship, or even hinting at actual rumors of a romantic relationship. They seem like the same sort of meaningless platitudes about a possible fairytale romance between Princess Madeleine and Prince William which used to be more common in this type of saccharine royal reporting.

:previous: I don't agree. The "meaningless platitudes" about William and Madeleine were never backed up by photos of them together and clearly enjoying one anothers' company. The VF article discussed a boat trip Nik/Vik took...alone.

Madeleine and William were fantasy...Nik/Vik a rumor. If the link I provided wasn't hinting at romance, what was it insinuating?

We will just agree to disagree.

Princess Estelle and Count Henrik. Then he'd be an HRH Prince of Sweden and a royal consort.

Thailand’s succession seems messy, but I would say Prince Dipangkorn and Princess Aiko of Japan.

Foreign marriages seems unlikely for both countries, but this is hypothetical and marriage still in Asia would at least be culturally closer. There wasn’t a lot of options anyway near Aiko’s age and I would enjoy that she would get a title after marriage since she is loosing her Japanese title if she gets married.

And this is cheating regarding the royal part. But Llywelyn the Last has still living decendants I have red. So George should marry one of the girls related to that family so the Prince of Wales title would feel more deserved in future generations by the Welsh.

Thailand’s succession seems messy, but I would say Prince Dipangkorn and Princess Aiko of Japan.

Thai royal succession laws forbid its family members from marrying foreigners or else they'll lose succession rights, so if this match happens in real life, Dipangkorn would never become king.

Foreign marriages seems unlikely for both countries, but this is hypothetical and marriage still in Asia would at least be culturally closer. There wasn’t a lot of options anyway near Aiko’s age and I would enjoy that she would get a title after marriage since she is loosing her Japanese title if she gets married.

Of course there's similarity but still actually not really that close. South Asia and southeast Asia is pretty different :D

Thai royal succession laws forbid its family members from marrying foreigners or else they'll lose succession rights, so if this match happens in real life, Dipangkorn would never become king.

Alright didn’t know that. But let’s say in my hypothetical scenario someone really wanted to change laws :lol:

And I am pretty new here so don’t how to reply to two posts. But regarding culture I don’t think Japan and Thailand are similar, just more similar than other options.

Alright didn’t know that. But let’s say in my hypothetical scenario someone really wanted to change laws :lol:

And I am pretty new here so don’t how to reply to two posts. But regarding culture I don’t think Japan and Thailand are similar, just more similar than other options.
I highly doubt that any of the family are or would be in a position to change those laws. One of the Kings sisters did marry a foreigner, Princess Ubolratna but she lost her title and her children have no succession rights.

And this is cheating regarding the royal part. But Llywelyn the Last has still living decendants I have red. So George should marry one of the girls related to that family so the Prince of Wales title would feel more deserved in future generations by the Welsh.
She could probably marry members of the deposed branches of the Imperial house or members of the Japanese nobility.

I highly doubt that any of the family are or would be in a position to change those laws. One of the Kings sisters did marry a foreigner, Princess Ubolratna but she lost her title and her children have no succession rights.

The family would not need to do that. The government could if the match as seen as desirable. Like I said this is hypothetical and all you would need is someone supporting like the new elected government for example.

Back
Top Bottom