Which Royal Palace/Residence Would You Live In?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go big with Palacio Real de Madrid, Winter Palace or something small like Peleș Castle :D:D.

But it played a royal palace in "The Man in the Iron Mask" (1998):D

Really? I didn’t know that. This palace is on my already far to long list of places to visit. Perhaps I should schedule a trip to France in September. And now I have to watch that film.

I’d pick chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte just below Paris. It’s not technically a royal palace, but it’s close enough for me. It’s absolutely gorgeous and it’s liveable. Which can’t be said for many of these palaces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaux-le-Vicomte

I know Vaux-le-Vicomte from reading French Royal history and you are 100% right it is absolutely gorgeous.

I would live there in the blink of an eye and what's more I'd probably never leave!;)

I would choose Drakesteijn. I remember when Beatrice abdicated a number of posts about this castle and I thought what a beautiful spot it was.

Hohenzollern looks magical with snow and the views are to die for.
And Bran castle in Romania is most interesting. You know the local villagers offered it to Queen Marie of Romania after WW1 because she was the only person they knew who had the means to restore it. And so she did.

It's a great question, but I'd have to see the kitchens and bathrooms before I could choose. Practical me! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom