State Visit from South Africa - August 31st-September 1st, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

At the invitation of his His Majesty King Harald V, the President of the Republic of South Africa, Dr. Jacob Zuma
accompanied by Mrs Tobeka Zuma will make a State Visit to Norway from August 31 to September 1, 2011.

Here's the official announcement of the visit and programme.

* *​

Parts of the programme will be:

August 31, 10:30 am: Welcoming Ceremony at the Palace Square, CP Haakon and CP Mette-Marit will be present as well.

August 31, 01:00 pm: Official Luncheon, CP Haakon and CP Mette-Marit will be present as well.

August 31, 03:10 pm: Wreath laying ceremony at Akershus fortress

August 31, 03:25 pm: Visit to Oslo Cathedral

August 31, 03:40 pm: Visit to The Nobel Peace Center

August 31, 08:00 pm: Official banquet, CP Haakon, CP Mette-Marit and Princess Astrid will be present as well.

September 1, 08:25 am: Visit to Det Norske Veritas

September 1, 10:00 am: Business Seminar

September 1, 10:15 am: Visit to the Ullevål University Hospital by Queen Sonja and Mrs Tobeka Zuma

September 1, 02:00 pm: Official Luncheon, Princess Astrid will be present as well.

September 1, 05:00 pm: Visit to the Holmenkollanlegget​

Last edited:
AUGUST 31: (L-R) Queen Sonja of Norway , South Africa First Lady Tobeka Madiba, President Jacob Zuma and King Harald V of Norway attend a wreath laying ceremony at the National Monument at Akershus Fortress on day one of the South Africa state visit to Norway on August 31, 2011 in Oslo, Norway.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

and a visit to the Nobel Peace Center

I've never seen Mette-Marit look so good! Both at the Welcoming Ceremony and the Gala. Does she have a new stylist?

1st off- I don't like The First Lady'sdress. It makes her look heavy.
And...
I don't mean to offend nor speculate, but do I spy a " baby bump"?
Or is she just heavy-set?
sorry to say, the cleavage is totally inapropriate...:whistling:

I thought she looked lovely in the day and evening , lipstick was a little heavy but apart from that she looked great

Queen Sonja looked absolutely gorgeous at the gala dinner in her jade green chiffon gown. As for Mette-Marit, what can be said except for utmost class and sophistication. I just loved her cream "trench coat" styled jacket with contrasting black feather fascinator. So totally chic. Her ivory gown for the gala dinner was soft, serene and elegant. Nothing was over the top. Nothing was overdone. Just absolute grace and glamor. Norway can be so proud of their royal ladies.They were simply immaculate. This is true royalty at it's best.

Last edited:
It's my professional and personal opinion that the Crown Princess looked a frump in the evening and all too often does.

A "frump" ?! I´m asking the administrator to step in against your rude and offensive words!

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Dramatic much..

Mette-Marit isn't a frump, but the way she sometimes chooses to dress would indicate otherwise, imo.

No one has ever been reprimanded, to my knowledge, for using such a word before, and I'd be astonished if they were now. Compared to what a good many people say about various other royals, my use of language is incredibly tame!

To suggest someone wears what appear to be dowdy and at times, old fashioned clothes which don't suit them, is hardly an offence :)

Last edited:
Our first lady (there are three others, don't forget!) is not pregnant as far as I know but heavyset (like the others). I agree that the neckline of her dress for the Gala revealed too much but in South Africa that is suppose to be very womenly (something like that). What can I say!!!!

Our first lady (there are three others, don't forget!) is not pregnant as far as I know but heavyset (like the others). I agree that the neckline of her dress for the Gala revealed too much but in South Africa that is suppose to be very womenly (something like that). What can I say!!!!

Slightly off topic but, three more? do you mean the president has three more wives or three ex-first ladies?

Charlotte_Aster said:
Slightly off topic but, three more? do you mean the president has three more wives or three ex-first ladies?

Jacob Zuma is a polygamist, has been married five times, and has 20 children. He currently has 3 wives.

Last edited:
Please respect each other opinion.
And remember that fashion and clothes are to be discussed in the
Royal House of Fashion threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom