Christmas with the Norwegian Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Their clothes are so dark, are they still in mourning with MM brother ? Her bunad is gorgeous !

They seems a little bit bored and not really happy... The other christmasphototermins years ago were more relaxed. My favorite was in 2008 at the park of Skaugum. It was very nice and familiar.

fortimo said:
They seems a little bit bored and not really happy... The other christmasphototermins years ago were more relaxed. My favorite was in 2008 at the park of Skaugum. It was very nice and familiar.

There's nothing for the kids to do. In the past, they were photographed at activities like decorating a gingerbread house, baking and playing in the snow. I liked those videos. Are they still going to do that this year, or is this all we will see?

I'd rather dont see no photos rather than those. It all looks very bored and uninspired, is it supposed to be original?
The "I dont want to be here" look on their faces is stunning. Whats the point of a holiday card showing bored adults and tired kids?

Agreed, I don't see 'Christmas spirit' on these pictures, rather bored faces, children's especially. One posed card would be better than series like this.

But a wonderful bunad for Mette-Marit ! I love it !

I like the pictures,even though they don´t radiate so much joy and festive spirit like other christmas photographs.To me it seems as if the photographer took the pictures without arranging the familiy to sit/stand in a certain way or making them say "cheese" so they all smile - this gives them a genuine quality because it seems just like taken out of real life.I especially adore Queen Sonja´s colourful dress,it is very beautiful and it´s great that the royal family is proud in wearing their local traditional dresses.

This year Christmas greetings look awkward to me.
Nothing special but still beautiful bunads. On the other hand they at least would bother to listen the Queen for at least 10 min rather than make faces of being too tired to stand still.
Ingrid looks great with that hair, like a grown princess.

My favorite was the year they were playing in the HUGE gingerbread house- those pictures were cute!

King Harald and Queen Sonja have made one of their annual Christmas visits to the Sunnaas
hospital today, December 22nd. Part of the programme has been a meeting with survivors
of the terrorist attacks in July, as some of them are still in hospital.

On a side note (see the second article) - the couple arrived by public service boat ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** fvn.no: Kongeparet hilste på Utøya-ofre ** translation **

** nrk.no: Tok Nesoddbåten for å besøke terrorskadde ** translation **

** aftenposten.no: Kongeparet hilste på Utøya-ofre ** translation **

I love this family and even if the kids seem a bit distracted, it´s understandable because at their age it´s hard to sit still for long. Marius, Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre are very cute.:xmastree::xmastree2::santa2:

Thanks for wonderful photos.
Merry Christmas Norwegian Royal Family and everyone.

So so lovely pics. Thank you.

Beautiful pix ! MM very beautiful in blue !!!!

It is very nice, that the whole family - incl. MM's brothers and mother - were at Skaugum, they had sure a wonderful christmas evening with much fun and gifts...

Who is that old woman with the family in those pics?

Loved the church service pictures! Thanks for posting the links-

Princess Märtha Louise, Ari Behn and the girls attended the Christmas service at Lommedalen
church on December 25. Hopefully we'll get some better pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Does anybody know, how they spend theese days? What is the tradition in the CP family? What do they eat, who make the cristmas-tree, when get the kids her gifts? We know, that they go every year to the church-service, and I read that the CP family make every year an christmas-party. Do they make in theese days also ski-trip? Do they use also her cabin in the mountain (in Uvdal?)? And what is about their New Year's Eve?

Pictures from The Royal family after the Christmas service.

Beautiful family :) Princess Ingrid Alexandra is so adorable :wub: and Prince Sverre is growing up fast.

Kongens barnebarn sjarmerte under julegudstjenesten - VG Nett om Kongehuset

Kongelige sjarmører - Nyheter - Innenriks - Aftenposten.no

Tegnet for bestemor da presten ble kjedelig - kjendis - Dagbladet.no

Kongens barnebarn sjarmerte - siste.no

Some of what the articles says:

The King, Queen, Crown Prince, Crown Princess, Prince Sverre Magnus and Princess Ingrid Alexandra at Holmekollen chapel for Christmas service.

The Heraldry princess Ingrid Alexandra drew drawings for grandma during the sermon, while little brother Magnus showed much interest in the Christmas tree.

This was Prince Sverre Magnus first service at the holmenkollen chapel, where the royal family has gone to Christmas service since King Haakon and Queen Maud’s time. Last year the Crown prince family celebrated Christmas at Skaugum and were in Asker Church on Christmas day.

To sit quiet for almost an hour was a little too much for the two Crown prince children, who after a short time took to draw and Magnus took a walk around the Christmas tree.

Marius celebrated Christmas with his father and his family.

After the service the Royal family were to enjoy a family lunch at Kongsseteren together with Princess Märtha and her family, who were in church in Lommedalen today.

When they left the chapel Prince Magnus ran off and had to be hunted down by dad while Princess Ingrid had fun climbing the railing by the church stairs.

When mum said that Lille Ma (Princess Martha’s oldest daughter Maud Angelica) was waiting she was fast in the car.

The little Princess was very elegant in a brown coat with fur around the hood and with her heir in two braids.

I found this video on Youtube about this Christmas in 2008. It is very funny when Sverre Magnus run away and CP Haakon run after him... :)

Norwegian Royal Family - Christmas 2008 - YouTube

I found this video on Youtube about this Christmas in 2008. It is very funny when Sverre Magnus run away and CP Haakon run after him... :)

Norwegian Royal Family - Christmas 2008 - YouTube

Thank you, I love the video :)

For this year:
Christmas service
Their Majesties The King and Queen, and Their Royal Highnessses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess with their familiy attend Christmas service in Holmenkollen Chapel (12:00).
Also CP Mette-Marit and Ingrid Alexandra will be guests at the popular NRK program "Julemorgen" ("Christmas Morning"), which is broadcasted on TV every morning from December 22 til New Year.
They will also be presenting a donation to the children's environmental organization, Environmental Agents. But they will also take the time to answer questions from viewers, which can be asked up to December 18 at nrksuper.no.
It will be broadcasted on Christmas Eve between 11 and 14 o'clock.
Kronprinsesse mette-marit - Besøker «Julemorgen» på julaften - Seoghør.no Kongelige
Google Translation

http://www.tv2.no/underholdning/gkn...besoeker-julemorgen-paa-julaften-3946774.html
Google Translation

Last edited:
This year, King Harald, Queen Sonja, CP Haakon, CP Mette-Marit, Ingrid Alexandra, Sverre Magnus and Marius will be celebrating Christmas at the Royal Lodge ("Kongsseteren" - private possession of the Royal Family, which is located in Voksenkollen in Oslo).
Princess Märtha Louise, Ari Behn and their daughters will celebrate with Ari's parents, Marianne Behn and Olav Bjørshol Moss.
Slik skal de kongelige feire jul i år - Norge - NRK Nyheter
Google Translation

This year, King Harald, Queen Sonja, CP Haakon, CP Mette-Marit, Ingrid Alexandra, Sverre Magnus and Marius will be celebrating Christmas at the Royal Lodge ("Kongsseteren" - private possession of the Royal Family, which is located in Voksenkollen in Oslo).
Princess Märtha Louise, Ari Behn and their daughters will celebrate with Ari's parents, Marianne Behn and Olav Bjørshol Moss.
Slik skal de kongelige feire jul i år - Norge - NRK Nyheter
Google Translation

Will be there also a photosession? I hope we can see some new photos about the royals... :)
I found the Kongsseteren on Wikimapia:

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Thank you, I love the video :)

For this year:
Also CP Mette-Marit and Ingrid Alexandra will be guests at the popular NRK program "Julemorgen" ("Christmas Morning"), which is broadcasted on TV every morning from December 22 til New Year.
They will also be presenting a donation to the children's environmental organization, Environmental Agents. But they will also take the time to answer questions from viewers, which can be asked up to December 18 at nrksuper.no.
It will be broadcasted on Christmas Eve between 11 and 14 o'clock.
Kronprinsesse mette-marit - Besøker «Julemorgen» på julaften - Seoghør.no Kongelige
Google Translation

Mette-Marit og Ingrid Alexandra besøker «Julemorgen» på julaften - God Kveld Norge - TV 2 Underholdning
Google Translation

I hope we can see it later. I don't think it can be watched live, but maybe later it will be on the internet. It is very nice that they spend a little time "with the people" on this day, and I am curious what questios they get. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
when will they being doing a group christmas card this year ??

Back
Top Bottom