King Albert I of The Belgians (1875-1934)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leopold II was the uncle of king Albert I not his father, as said in the article.

paola, One would assume that the writer of an article would have the correct facts and give the information accurately.

paola, One would assume that the writer of an article would have the correct facts and give the information accurately.

Well, I think you can assume that the writer has at least done his best to present the facts correctly, but a small mistake can just creep in, I know. The mistake that is made is not that exceptional, usually in royal dynasties the children follow their parents.

However, in Belgium they have had a King Albert twice. And the second one succeeded his brother Boudewijn and the first one his uncle Leopold II.

Twice Albert , unexpected Kings.. after Prince Baudouin ( I ) and King Baudouin (II)

Twice Albert , unexpected Kings.. after Prince Baudouin ( I ) and King Baudouin (II)

Such a terrible death for King Albert I ,falling to his death and all alone too!

No President Wilson or the White House; this must have been after his stroke.

Poor Belgians, the war was over and they still couldn't get out of their uniforms.

I think I see the Duke of Brabant at the end, but if Elisabeth came, I only see a hat.

Back
Top Bottom