Favourite Royal Tiaras 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a photo of the Tiara that Lady Churchill wore to Queen Elizabeth's Coronation? I believe she borrowed it from Lady Essex.

I like the tiara's of the Swedish royal family especially the one below.

Attachments

• 2%20Nobel%202002%2001.jpg
    2%20Nobel%202002%2001.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,310
My fav would have to be this one:

Attachments

• qsmykker.jpg
    qsmykker.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,500
"Jewels like the Delhi durbar tiara, may not be worn so much because of the imperial connotations/memories they evoke. Its a reminder of a time when Britain ruled India and was very much an imperial power. I mentioned this before in the Indian jewels thread, a lot of the magnificent jewels of India's nobility and royalty were "acquired" by or simply given to the Brits. For many people from the subcontinent (Indians/Pakistanis) they're not a pleasant reminder."

I agree completely, I've heard many stories about some of the "gifts" the British Royals "received".

Haven't some royal ladies wear bracelets or another kind of jewelry as tiaras? I think GD MT of Luxemburg used to do this, do you have some pic? Not only of MT but any royal doing this? thanks a lot

My all time favorite is the tiara Princess Margaret wore on her wedding day. I know that it was bought from another collection of royal jewels but I can't remember the country. :D

The photo of Princess Margaret with her father is courtesey of www.alamy.com:D

Attachments

• Royal weddings - Princess Margaret with her father Duke of Edinburgh.jpg
    Royal weddings - Princess Margaret with her father Duke of Edinburgh.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,534
Last edited:
Re:

Apparantly she is Princess Charlotte von Quadt.

Amalie Von Oldenburg?

So, she's Amalie Von Oldenburg or Princess Charlotte von Quadt?

Either way - who is she?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Margaret's tiara was bought as her wedding tiara from the English Poltimore family after which it is named, not from another Royal family. It's quite versatile as it breaks up into brooches and parts of it can be worn as a necklace too.
A very high & beautiful tiara indeed. As Princess Margeret's last will wasn't made public, I believe that nobody knows what exactly happened to the Poltimore tiara?

Twin Princesses!

BeatrixFan said:
Amalie Von Oldenburg?
So, she's Amalie Von Oldenburg or Princess Charlotte von Quadt?
Either way - who is she?!
No, it's Princess Marie Gabrielle of Bavaria, Fürstin von Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg
She is the twin sister of Princess Marie Charlotte of Bavaria, Fürstin von Quadt zu Wykradt und Isny.

Warren said:
No, it's Princess Marie Gabrielle of Bavaria, Fürstin von Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg
She is the twin sister of Princess Marie Charlotte of Bavaria, Fürstin von Quadt zu Wykradt und Isny.

WOW! How do you remeber all the different parts of the titles! I get confused remebering just the one for each person!:rolleyes: ;)

I just saw a picture of Princess Victoria of Sweden with a star tiara on where the base of the tiara looks very much like the base of Princess Louise, Duchess of Fife's most exquisite Fife Tiara! Is this true? If so, how and when did the Swedish Royal Family acquire it? My goodness, would I just love to wear the Fife Tiara just once....It is my favorite!!!! All those hugh diamonds!!!

Scion of Adamo said:
I just saw a picture of Princess Victoria of Sweden with a star tiara on where the base of the tiara looks very much like the base of Princess Louise, Duchess of Fife's most exquisite Fife Tiara! Is this true? If so, how and when did the Swedish Royal Family acquire it? My goodness, would I just love to wear the Fife Tiara just once....It is my favorite!!!! All those hugh diamonds!!!
The Swedish Royal Family has not acquired the Fife Tiara; it remains with the 3rd Duke of Fife (great-grandson of King Edward VII).
The very large diamonds in the central band hang freely.
Pic courtesy Geoffrey Munn "Tiaras: A History of Splendour"

The Fife Tiara

9ce0fab7.jpg

michelleq said:
Does anyone have a photo of the Tiara that Lady Churchill wore to Queen Elizabeth's Coronation? I believe she borrowed it from Lady Essex.
This Cartier tiara was also worn by (Crown) Princess Margarita of Romania at her wedding in 1996.
Pics courtesy: Geoffery Munn "Tiaras: A History of Splendour" (top) & MW Pics (bottom).

Cartier Essex Tiara

547f257b.jpg

HRH (Crown) Princess Margarita of Romania - Wedding 1996

a1e2a111.jpg

Warren said:
The Fife Tiara
All those diamonds look large Warren. :p That is a splendid tiara! I see it has some cushioning to go against your head when you wear it.

Do you know if the roumanians still own the Greek-key tiara Warren? I was surprised Margarita had t wear a borrowed one at her wedding.

Marengo said:
Do you know if the roumanians still own the Greek-key tiara Warren? I was surprised Margarita had t wear a borrowed one at her wedding.
Yes they still have it. I think everyone was surprised that Margarita didn't wear it, considering her mother wore it when she married King Michael, and it is a very impressive tiara.
The Greek Key tiara was worn by Princess Marie at her wedding in 1995 (without the diamond head bands). I don't have a good enough pic of that to post, but here's an old one...
pic: first published over 70 years ago, therefore copyright has expired.

Romanian Greek Key Tiara
Queen Helen & Crown Prince/King Michael of Romania, early 1930s.

ce0d0c25.jpg

Last edited:
Warren, Google Princess Victoria and Fife in the images data bank nd take a look at that picture (there won't be many---4 or 5 pictures if I recall). The crown of the tiara appears to be solid stars. Take a look at that base....sure looks like the Fife tiara base to me.

I love the Spencer tiara worn by the late Lady Diana on her wedding day to Prince Charles..The tiara is so enormous and really glittering with all its diamonds, its lovely..I wonder if the Tiara was really owned by the Late Princess or whether it was passed to William or Harry when Diana died..

Mahoogie said:
I love the Spencer tiara worn by the late Lady Diana on her wedding day to Prince Charles..The tiara is so enormous and really glittering with all its diamonds, its lovely..I wonder if the Tiara was really owned by the Late Princess or whether it was passed to William or Harry when Diana died..
She never owned it; it was loaned to her initially by her father, then by her brother, and was returned to Earl Spencer sometime before her death.

Warren said:
The Fife Tiara
Thanks Warren. This tiara would go very nicely with my wedding dress! :D

Mahoogie said:
I saw that tiara up close at a V&A exhibition a few years ago. I have to say it was quite disappointing compared with most of the other tiaras on display. It was not really sparkling and was quite big and wide. :(

Scion of Adamo said:
Warren, Google Princess Victoria and Fife in the images data bank nd take a look at that picture (there won't be many---4 or 5 pictures if I recall). The crown of the tiara appears to be solid stars. Take a look at that base....sure looks like the Fife tiara base to me.

Is this the one that you mean? It must be a photoshop job, cause the swedish rf don´t own such a tiara.

Victoria2.jpg

the fife tiara, i cant describe how beautiful it is, wow or maybe wow-wee will have to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom