Plenty of red amongst the blue

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hammond

City
Queensland
Country
Australia
Hello, I'm interested in royalty partly because of the following, but I mainly just wanted to jot this all down to sort it out for myself:

I'm descended, via the marriage of Colonel Lewis THOMAS and Elizabeth STRADLING in the 1600s, from Sir Edward STRADLING and his wife Jane BEAUFORT (19 generations ago). Both of them were descended from King Edward III.

I'm also descended from Sir Abraham REYNARDSON and Sir Randolph KNIPE.

Also from Sir Stephen BOARDE and his wife Margaret (who was the granddaughter of the Duke of Manchester) via a long line of TANNERs.

My MEREDITH ancestors believed that they were descended from Owen GLENDOWER (yes I know that's the English spelling); & that they had "princely ancestors of South Wales". So far I've only managed to trace back to John MEREDITH, "a prominent barrister and solicitor and descended from the ancient Amerydeth family of Devon and Wales", who married at St Phillip's, Birmingham, England in August 1767.

My HAMMOND ancestors are supposedly descended from Sir Edward SEYMOUR (c1506-1552), Knight of the Garter afterwards Duke of Somerset, but I've only managed to go as far back as the marriage of William HAMMOND (1652-1729) and Miss PELLEY (d.1726) in Alverstoke, Hampshire, England on 4th July 1688.

Back
Top Bottom