New Member!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sweetyhide

City
NC
Country
United States
Hello,
I joined the forum a little while back and have been enjoying reading all the threads. So much great information!

I discovered in my older age (still young at 41!) that I LOVE history.
It all started with my favorite movie - Gladiator. I don't remember studying Roman times when I was young, but it all seemed so interesting.
Then of course I watched the "Rome" series on HBO. I was determined to learn more after that.

But who has the time these days? As time passed I found myself watching more and more movies related to Rome, England and Royalty. Since I am a huge movie buff it was a natural step. Elizabeth, The Duchess, A Man For All Seasons, etc. Then someone told me about the Tudors on Showtime. I watched a few episodes and even though it is NOT historically correct it pushed me to learn more about English Royalty.

I started with King John and have worked my way to James I.
Then I read, wrote & researched Spain & France for the same time frame.
I now have 3 notebooks full of writings, pictures and scribbles about the Royals of these countries. I have a few Nobles that I want to learn more about and after that I plan on learning all I can about Rome.
I find it very relaxing and intriuging.

On a personal note: I am 41 year old secretary from North Carolina USA, married, 2 grown sons, and I have Multiple Sclerosis that I battle every day.

Hello Sweetyhide,
Wellcome to The Royal Forums

Hi Sweetyhide, welcome to the forums!

Welcome Sweetyhide! I hope you enjoy TRF!

Hi Sweetyhide, welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your times with us at the Forum.

Welcome Sweetyhide! I hope that you enjoy the Forums. This is a great resource for anyone interested in history, and I think that you will enjoy it.

Welcome to the Royal Forums, Sweetyhide! You seems to be a big history buff! Hope you enjoy the TRF!:flowers:

Welcome to The Royal Forums, Sweetyhide!

Back
Top Bottom