Hello from West Virginia, USA

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristinam31

City
Morgantown
Country
United States
Hello from West Virginia!

So believe it or not but I did a 23 and me and I am a descendant of Henry of England the 1700s who estranged his sister in the tower because she couldn't bear and children by him. Well it turned out that she could have children but not by him he had a Steril problem and couldn't have kids. So most likely I an a VERY distant cousin to the Current Prince Henry.

Anyhow, I am 31 year old female, I'm a college student from Bryant and Stratton University online for BBA in Accounting. And I have a wonderful fiance named Jamie. I love him to death. We don't have children but plan to in the
future. Nice to meet everyone.

Also I need a pen pal from Scotland or Ireland because I need a Historian. I have some questions about a certain clan. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the royal forums, enjoy your time on here and I am sure you will make lots of friends.

Welcome Krisinam31 to the RF!! Enjoy it!!!

Bonjour, Kristinam31! There is a lot of royal history to learn about. :candycane::candycane::candycane:

So believe it or not but I did a 23 and me and I am a descendant of Henry of England the 1700s who estranged his sister in the tower because she couldn't bear and children by him. Well it turned out that she could have children but not by him he had a Steril problem and couldn't have kids. So most likely I an a VERY distant cousin to the Current Prince Henry.

Anyhow, I am 31 year old female, I'm a college student from Bryant and Stratton University online for BBA in Accounting. And I have a wonderful fiance named Jamie. I love him to death. We don't have children but plan to in the

Also I need a pen pal from Scotland or Ireland because I need a Historian. I have some questions about a certain clan. Thanks in advance.

HI, are you saying that you are a descendant of some Prince Henry in the 18th Century who imprisoned his sister because she could not have children by HIM? that would be incest...

One thing that is notable about Prince Henry, Duke of Cumberland and Strathearn (Duke of Strathearn is now William's Scottish title along with Cambridge) is that he is the man solely responsible for the Royal Marriage Act of 1772 because of his marriage to Anne, a commoner, in 1771 against the king's wishes.

Another little interesting tidbit with genealogy is that if you are of European descent, you are more likely to be related to Charlemagne than not. :)

https://www.theguardian.com/science...-genetic-ancestry-charlemagne-adam-rutherford

Do you have Netflix? If so, can I suggest watching their series called "The Last Kingdom"? It spins a fictional tale of real historic events with Uhtred of Bebbanburg and the life and times surrounding the time of Alfred the Great of Wessex and the times of the invasion of the Danes. Excellently made and the lead character is played by Alexander Dreymon who is one nice chunk of eye candy. :D

This has led me into reading more of the actual history of Alfred the Great.

Henry did not have any children though, a possible illegitimate daughter....

Henry did not have any children though, a possible illegitimate daughter....

I actually had to look up information on Henry as I knew nothing about him. Now I know why we're friends. You know so much more than I do when it comes to British historical facts. Then again, I bet I know more about Johnny Appleseed than you do. :D

I had to look him up too, but I vaguely remember the "princess Olivia of Cumberland" who might have been his illeg daughter...

Thanks everyone for the invitation, no I don't know nor than the historians on here, I was stating what the genetics told me so if anyone can help me on that information that would be excellent. I've been on here before but my old account was old and I haven't been active. Anyhow, I need to speak to an Irish Historian if there is one. I gave questions about 3 specific clans but don't know their names. And I doubt they would believe my story anyway. Thanks for the welcome but I'm not here to play a game of wits or get my tail stomped on because I'm just an observer.

Thanks everyone for the invitation, no I don't know nor than the historians on here, I was stating what the genetics told me so if anyone can help me on that information that would be excellent. I've been on here before but my old account was old and I haven't been active. Anyhow, I need to speak to an Irish Historian if there is one. I gave questions about 3 specific clans but don't know their names. And I doubt they would believe my story anyway. Thanks for the welcome but I'm not here to play a game of wits or get my tail stomped on because I'm just an observer.

First place I'd suggest to ask questions of is our own Denville here. She's Irish from Ireland and knows a whole lot! A good way to start would be to PM her and ask if you could do this. I've learned a lot from her postings. ?

Truth be told, I originally found this forum one hot, summer night doing a google for "silly Ascot hats". My knowledge of anything historical about anything royal was what I had gleaned off the headlines of the tabloids I glanced at working as a grocery store cashier.

For all we know, you may meet someone on here very familiar with the clans you're asking after. Our moderators here are right on the money and getting stomped on, flamed or dissed will be met with stern discipline. Helps to read the rules here before starting to post though.

I've been here since 2008, have permanently parked my back of the front near the coffee and donut bar and have no intention of leaving any time soon. Happy too to see someone else from West "by God" Virginia here that would understand my location on the west side of North Mountain up from Back Creek. My DNA points me to the "to hell or Connaught" area. My grandfather (I was adopted so adopted his heritage before the DNA test) emigrated to the US near the end of the 1800s. He was born in 1867. Yeps. I'm an old goat.

I think you're in the right place to seek the information you're looking for too and I wish you success in your quest.

Last edited by a moderator:
(..) I've really made my goof ups galore when I first started here so I suggested the rules because really knowing them helps prevent said goofs. There are a *lot* of people here in various genealogy threads under different royal families from different countries.

It can be confusing finding things at first and knowing where to post and where not to post but, trust me, it just takes time. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom