Hello from the USA

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vulture

Commoner
City
St. Louis
Country
United States
Hi, I just joined this forum though I’ve been lurking for some time.

I’m interested in a lot of fields of knowledge that royalty plays a part in - history, historiography, public relations, communications, social engineering, etc. I’m a graduate student in communications and have to write a lot of papers and I’m also writing a book. The conversations on this site are pretty high quality. I’m not writing about royalty, but seeing how people comment on current events is very good for analysis. And enjoyable too. Thank you!

Welcome to TRF, vulture. I hope you find interesting things here to help you in your studies and career path and well... just maybe a giggle or two somewhere too. :D

Bonjour, vulture! What is your favorite century of royal history?

The Twentieth century is my favorite era of history in general - so I guess that. I do also really get into ancient Egypt especially the era of Akhenaten. Really into it for a layperson that is.

A lot of times it’s the art that draws me in first. The elite art of an era is often the best of it’s kind and the best preserved. I love all art, and want to see the whole picture, but who can resist the spectacular elite art? Why was it made? What are the messages in it? What functions does it have?

The Victorian era was when mass media came into being so since starting my degree I’ve gone back to that era a little bit. It’s also an era where you can still read novels and literature of the era because the language is not too different and it’s not a big chore. So that era still looms large in our culture i think.

Last edited:
I think what first drew me to this forum is that I read the book “Diana: Story of a Princess” because a relative passed it on to me. It really made me think about how people try to use the media and how media tries to use them. What about Royal PR strategy works and doesn’t work and why or why not. The Panorama interview was interesting even before the recent news about it. The social engineering aspect of it is huge on more than one level, for example.

Welcome to TRF. I hope you enjoy being here on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom