Hello!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
City
Swindon
Country
United Kingdom
Having had a father who was with the Royal Marine Band accompanying the Royal Family on various Royal tours - Canada for one and the Royal Tour to Australia that terminated in South Africa in February 1952 and having a framed photograph of the Queen when Princess Elizabeth on the wall of our sitting room it is hardly surprising that I have always been fascinated and interested in the Royal Family.
From that early interest grew my interest in Hannah Lightfoot the Quakeress who, some believe, married George III when Prince of Wales. I have spent over 35 years looking for her and researching her life. Whatever the truth she still remains a 'missing person' from the 18th century and if the stories about her relationship with George III are untrue then both the King and Hannah have been greatly maligned.
Add to that a large chunk of my life spent with a military husband in a regiment with the Queen Mother as Colonel In Chief and a recent discovery of my family links with both Prince William and Kate Middleton through the Knollys family - we all have Sir Thomas Knollys, Lord Mayor of London as an ancestor as well as other family links to most of the royal houses of Europe and beyond the interest is perhaps understandable!

Interesting! I'm fairly new here myself, and I am just amazed at the breadth of interests and depth of knowledge found here.

This place has become a respite from a decidedly non-aristocratic real world, it's a breath of fresh air!

Back
Top Bottom