Official Photos of Victoria and Daniel: Released January 21, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I doubt her eating disorder is back. Its been many years since and she has a strong backbone in Daniel and her Family now. I think most brides to be lose weight before the wedding, the shear stress of it would shed pounds.

It's just been over photo shopping. People tend to take it too far, but at least no limbs are messing or any extras laying around.

Oh I stand corrected, I just realized that this one has no background: http://www.gustavsbergsporslinsfabrik.se/imglib/victoria_daniel_wedding_couple.jpg

And this one has a background: Imageshack - bhf8r8.jpg

So they either they took to set of photos with the same gown, or it was later photo shopped in while making the other 'touch ups'. With all the palaces they have access to, they could have just used a real background. I hope the outdoors is actually outdoors and not added in later. :ermm:

Beautiful photos! Victoria looks so happy!

I love the photos! So much better than the usual profile pics used on stamps, etc. If anybody buys any of the wedding products, you'll have to let us know what you purchased, why and how it is.

victoria is really beautiful and classy but also daniel look really good...
They looks so happy and strong

yes Victoria is beautiful, but isn't she very thin. I wonder if her eating disorder is back ?

i think she is just in shape!!! stunning!
Anyway Daniel helps her to stay strong that's what she said!!

Lovely couple for lovely pix ! I can't wait for the wedding.... I hope it will be televised here in Belgium !

What is easier a communer who marries a Princess or a communer who marries a Prince ?

gorgeous pictures. i specially love the dresses victoria chose, the blue one is stunning and the short white one... no words! pure loveliness. i'm sure she will make a great choice at choosing her wedding dress!

i was however surprised that only "a part" of the funds from the merchandising are going to the charity foundation. where is the other part going? it would sound strange to me that a future head of state would create merchandising for her wedding to keep the other part for her.

What is easier a communer who marries a Princess or a communer who marries a Prince ?

Your question allows the possibility of a male commoner marrying/in a committed relationship with a prince (which even in this day and age would unlikely be public and/or celebrated).

But I believe that this is a gender and title issue. Your question addresses commoners, and I agree that a great deal of latitude is granted for any royal or former royal marrying into a royal family. As far as gender, IMO it is always more difficult for a woman. In this forum and on every blog, broadcast, etc. a woman involved with a royal prince is immediately assessed according to her appearance and her worthiness is determined by that assesssment. With men, like Daniel, they are judged according to their financial success. It really has only been in the last year that people really speak about his appearance and it's mainly directed at those eyeglasses. In prior years, people sometimes mentioned in passing the casual nature of his attire but it wasn't a BIG issue. The appropriateness/success with his gymnasiums has been discussed as acceptable or not but even those discussions have gone away.

In contrast, I've never heard mention of Jonas' ripped jeans and casual clothing he wears in pictures with Madeleine. No one has spoken of the appropriateness of Jonas, also a commoner. True, as a lawyer he is more educated than Daniel, but it doesn't mean he is better or worse. And many lawyers, while educated, aren't the most moral or redeeming people in the world.

I don't know the percentages, but I'm sure that the overwhelming majority of discussions about Mary and Marie in Denmark focuses on how they look or what they wore. With Mette-Marit and Letizia, there were "other issues" to discuss, but after those were no longer interesting as an issue - straight to the hair, clothes, etc.

Probably the most intelligent and accomplished crown princess is Masako, and those qualities are now non-existent in discussions of her and and have been for most of her time with Naruhito. Maxima is perhaps the most educated of the European commoner-born princesses, and you'd never know it because the media doesn't make that an issue and board discussions focus on her eccentric style.

It has even happened with Camilla in England. One day she was the homewrecker, then when Diana's manipulations became more public it was less about her guilt and more about whether or not she would ever be queen, and then when they decided to get married it was like "okay, we forgive you for being a whore but you need to do something with that hair."

With all of the non-royal men who have married into royal families, there is almost no discussion of their appearance and very little about their financial success/business/careers. I don't recall any appearance discussions about Carlos Morales, Jaime Marichalar, Inaki Urdangarin, Yoshiki Kuroda, or Tord Magnuson.

The other issue that makes it difficult is beauty rather than appearance. If someone is perceived as beautiful/handsome, then they are deemed acceptable. If not, they are not. No one that I know of who has married into a royal family has been overweight (even by just 20 pounds). All of the men and women who have married into royal families in the last decade of so, in my opinion, would be described as good-looking, at the least. The only one that I've read any negative comments about is Rym Brahimi of Jordan. Because she isn't glamorous and has plainer features (although to me she is similar in appearance and style to Claire of Belgium), some folks called her plain or ugly, completely discounting her accomplishments as a journalist AND the fact that Ali chose her. Camilla received many negative comments about her appearance initially, but I believe most of that was driven by Diana-lovers or from people who couldn't accept the destruction of the true-life fairy tale. And it seems most people agree now that Camilla is an attractive woman.

I truly wonder what it would have been like if all the roles were reversed and all the commoners had been royal and vice-versa in the past 30-50 year. (The following names are chosen based on my opinion and my observations of what board members and society as a whole consider as beautiful/handsome. If I offend, it is not intentional) If they weren't royal, what would the discussions have been about Charles' beady eyes and big ears? Laurent or Alexia's weight? Stephanie's haircuts and mannish figure? Madeleine's tan? or the overall appearance of Alexander of Schaumberg-Lippe? Would Anne of England or Elena of Spain, who both have amazing figures but unfortunate faces, been welcomed into their respective - or any other - royal families? The race of Angela of Liechtenstein has been discussed, but most refer to her as beautiful. Another beautiful black woman is the singer/actress Queen Latifah. If Angela had looked like her, would she have been accepted?

Here's a real stretch...If William of Wales suddenly said that he was engaged to a divorced woman and, in royal fashion, introduced her to the world at a press conference, and she looked like Juliana of the Netherlands when she was in her twenties...would the public and media receive her the way they did Letizia? or his mother? would she receive more or less criticism than William's stepmother?

Here's another...who would recieve more grief from the media and the public - the committed male partner of Lord Frederik Windsor or the Juliana look-alike from the previous example? Even if she was the most stylish and elegantly-dressed woman, I think the "Juliana" would recieve more criticism. Obviously, many of the wealthiest families include unattractive people and, due to inbreeding, many royals or former royal families have the same. Criticism of commoners marrying into royalty don't account for the fact that it usually results in children who more closely match the fairy-tale/romantic/societal standard of beauty/handsomeness for royalty.

I know...I'm really wordy. I'm still going off into other tangents (what if Diana had been 13 years older than Charles instead of the other way around? etc) and I'll probably continue to do so. So I'm going to finish with this:

Daniel and Victoria look beautiful in the photos (both in appearance and spirit). The future queen looks very happy and healthy and I wish them all the best in the next chapter of their lives.

For any of you who bothered to read this far...WOW! You must really like discussion boards. :)

And since the AFC Championship Game (American football) is about to start, I will bid you all adieu. GO COLTS!

Rascal

Rascal , I appreciate your comments (Juliana's look ..), you know the royals quite well- Thanks

i was however surprised that only "a part" of the funds from the merchandising are going to the charity foundation. where is the other part going? it would sound strange to me that a future head of state would create merchandising for her wedding to keep the other part for her.

I assume that the companies that have designed and produced the products would get the majority of the money - they do have the manufacturing, design and advertising costs - but then i would estimate that maybe 10-20% go to Victorias and Daniels wedding fund. To me this seems ok - nobody would imagen that the companies would produce and sell these products for free do they?

CP Victoria looks stunning! And Daniel looks very dashing as well, these two just seem to suit each other so well. I can see a lot of happiness in their marriage and partnership in their official positions.

I assume that the companies that have designed and produced the products would get the majority of the money - they do have the manufacturing, design and advertising costs - but then i would estimate that maybe 10-20% go to Victorias and Daniels wedding fund. To me this seems ok - nobody would imagen that the companies would produce and sell these products for free do they?
I agree with your explanation. These companies are donating a share of their profit to the foundation. This is still about business although the focus is on the royal couple.

those pics are so awesome i cant wait for HQ to come up!!!! if they ever will!!!

Beautiful photos, I hope we eventually get them in better quality.

For Me

Crown Princess VICTORIA IS Goddddness.:eek:...:ROFLMAO:...:cool: Very ...:ohmy:...;) :wub: Made From Sweden:swedenflag:

I truly must say, Princess Victoria definitely has a beautiful glow about her since Daniel. It reminds me of the old movie, Mr. Skeffington, when he states, "A woman is beautiful when she is loved."

Victoria is simply breathtaking. I adore the photo of her in the white dress.

Victoria looks so beautiful and so happy!
They make a lovely couple.

Today the official photos of Victoria and Daniel and all the things from the Royal Warrant´s has been released. The pictures was taken at Drottningholms castle by fashion photographer Micke Jansson and Sweden's most trendy hairstylist Peter Andersson did the hair. The pictures are just amazing!

”Uppdukat” för Victorias & Daniels bröllop | Svensk Damtidning

Kollektioner | Opto Design

Gustavsbergs Porslinsfabrik - Det Kungliga Bröllopet - The Royal Swedish Wedding

Bröllopsserien - Bilder - www.gp.se

http://www.gustavsbergsporslinsfabrik.se/pdf/Den-officiella-serien-specialkatalog.pdf go to page 5
they juste look like movie stars
really, CP victoria just stunnig

I hope that Daniel does NOT wear glasses during the wedding and if he does, he gets a new pair. Those black plastic frames make him look like Clark Kent.

those pics are wonderful! hope we'll have them in good quality soon!

Victoria is so beautiful more than ever! They look like movie star from the past! What a cute couple!

Absolutely! What a breathtakingly beautiful couple! Can't wait to see her dress!

Back
Top Bottom