What If WWI/WWII Hadn't Happened?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But would there be “oligarchs”in Russia if the empire survived unless you mean the Russian nobility because I don’t see much of a chance for the modern oligarchs to be in power? The oligarchs of today are only around because of the fall of the Empire

Well, it's hard to predict anything that specific, but I think the Russian nobility was becoming rather decadent by the early 20th century and would eventually lose importance, prestige and wealth in favor of the newly rich industrial entrepreneurs, who, in true Russian style, would grow into some well connected, state controlling class. I believe the "Empire" would resemble very much today's Russia, but with the Czar as a figure head, mixing state and church into one mythical and nationalistic figure, controlled mostly by the same people ruling the country today.

You’re saying that Ataturk basically uprooted the dynasty for a republic because of love?

No. And this is an alternate history thread. We/I'm not defending a thesis in front of a history panel if we place a 'what if...' post.

The Sultan's daughters were not only spectacular beauties but extremely smart and with a strong will enough to alter history if given a chance. Had he been married to one of them her influence would have similar to that of Eleanor Roosvelt, wife of President (and also cousin) Roosvelt.

In my alternative history about Ataturk destiny, on What If WWI/WWII Hadn't Happened? , I could see the new first lady of Turkey making him consider a revived Ottoman empire as a constitutional monarchy for their potential children. In this case it becomes a continuation of the former self and with time a force of its own in the middle east.

A modern empire, and possible ally of the UK and Germany, would have grabbed the Caucasus off Russia and then unified all Turkish lands from Anatolia to China. Not to mention altering the control of oil deposits in the middle east, etc. to present time.

My theory of a European/Asian world, without two world wars, would have their own version of the current European Union. This would be needed to counteract the expansion of the USA and eradicate the Monroe Doctrine.

This last part would have made countries in Latin America to welcome the British Empire and allies to interfere. When compared to the USA interference, that often had territorial gains in the XIX century followed by genocide or forced relocations to reservations, the post civil was Jim Crow era etc. a defense alliance with European countries would be more plausible.

And join the fun, what's your theory on a world without two major wars? :ermm:

Last edited:
Oh I concur with you ,there were a small minority of Protestants in the Irish Nationalist movement and Home Rule Founding and Movement.

The vast majority were Unionist.

I was reading and interested to see if anyone was going to add the religious aspects of these wars.

No. And this is an alternate history thread. We/I'm not defending a thesis in front of a history panel if we place a 'what if...' post.

The Sultan's daughters were not only spectacular beauties but extremely smart and with a strong will enough to alter history if given a chance. Had he been married to one of them her influence would have similar to that of Eleanor Roosvelt, wife of President (and also cousin) Roosvelt.

In my alternative history about Ataturk destiny, on What If WWI/WWII Hadn't Happened? , I could see the new first lady of Turkey making him consider a revived Ottoman empire as a constitutional monarchy for their potential children. In this case it becomes a continuation of the former self and with time a force of its own in the middle east.

A modern empire, and possible ally of the UK and Germany, would have grabbed the Caucasus off Russia and then unified all Turkish lands from Anatolia to China. Not to mention altering the control of oil deposits in the middle east, etc. to present time.

My theory of a European/Asian world, without two world wars, would have their own version of the current European Union. This would be needed to counteract the expansion of the USA and eradicate the Monroe Doctrine.

This last part would have made countries in Latin America to welcome the British Empire and allies to interfere. When compared to the USA interference, that often had territorial gains in the XIX century followed by genocide or forced relocations to reservations, the post civil was Jim Crow era etc. a defense alliance with European countries would be more plausible.

And join the fun, what's your theory on a world without two major wars? :ermm:
Why would the monarchic system change to suit Ataturk? I highly doubt the Ottomans would allow it for Ataturk to be a leader alongside the daughter of the Ottoman Emperor. You do realise the system of Ottoman leadership was based on the son who survived and with so many men in the family I highly doubt they would give way to a non family member dominating the leadership.

Back
Top Bottom