The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-18-2019, 07:03 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you Lily. This model has very good safety features for him to walk away from it.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
All A149 recommendations (planned before #DukeOfEdinburgh crash) approved by Norfolk county council's committee: speed limit cut from 60 to 50mph. Junction improvements & average speed cameras to be installed -

via @DebbieTubby

Has this been approved today?

Old 01-18-2019, 07:44 AM
Majesty

Yes. The meeting today was planned before the Duke’s accident.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps the press should allow the family to actually visit him first-
https://mobile.twitter.com/LizzieITV...42740634116096

https://mobile.twitter.com/MonarchyU...32177120108544

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-18-2019, 09:07 AM
Serene Highness

Images / Diagrams:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01...7812292530.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01...7818595701.jpg

Police launch investigation into Prince Philip crash as it's revealed 'shaken' royal, 97, asked mother and baby 'Is everyone else alright?' after he was pulled through roof of Land Rover - but where were his royal protection officers?

• Norfolk Police investigating Duke's crash as it emerges royal was driving without personal protection officer
  • Prince Philip was 'conscious but very shocked and shaken' after crashing his Land Rover near Sandringham
  • Two women with nine-month-old baby in back of their Kia smashed into the side of his armoured Land Rover
  • All three were rushed to hospital - one suffered a broken arm, the other injured her knee but baby unharmed
  • Experts have warned of the dangers of older drivers getting behind wheel amid rise in over 70s DVLA tests
  • Did YOU see the crash or know the two women involved? Email: martin.robinson@mailonline.co.uk or tips@dailmail.co.uk
By Rod Ardehali and Rory Tingle and Martin Robinson, Chief Reporter For Mailonline
Published: 12:59 EST, 17 January 2019 | Updated: 08:55 EST, 18 January 2019

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oad-crash.html
Old 01-18-2019, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I completely agree with this. While I'm glad that DoE was physically unharmed, and didn't require immediate hospital care, the two ladies in the other car were injured, and there was that baby in the other car too. It is very short sighted and callous to not mention them in the prayers.
I agree, I understand the news are more about the Prince , but really it was a baby involve, and not the least the 2 ladies got injured. So hope they get well compensated, Because he is a prince the aids run immediately to him what about the other passengers did they get the same treatment? or because they are commoners they were left behind?
Old 01-18-2019, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

No one was left behind ...come on. You need to google some articles about it.

LaRae
Old 01-18-2019, 11:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I agree, I understand the news are more about the Prince , but really it was a baby involve, and not the least the 2 ladies got injured. So hope they get well compensated, Because he is a prince the aids run immediately to him what about the other passengers did they get the same treatment? or because they are commoners they were left behind?
Emergency services would have taken care of them, and they would have been taken to a local NHS hospital where their medical needs would have been taken care of.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:17 PM
Majesty

new car delivered today
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...car-crash.html
Old 01-18-2019, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

It’s a shame the press got the photos of the new car being delivered. It will leave a lot of people very bitter about how quickly they can get these things.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Philip was taken to the hospital today to be checked out. He had “no injuries of concern.”
https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...16383724539904

https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...16788462379008

Most likely he didn’t escape without a few bruises or scratches.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-18-2019, 01:07 PM
Courtier

I bet he has whiplash injuries (and the others too). I was in a car crash 30 years ago (someone drove across me) & had to wear a support collar for a while - I was awarded some compensation & still have minor neck problems. The pain of the whiplash didn't start for a few hours until my neck went into spasm & was sent to hospital. I've heard others say similar things about crash injuries.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
No one was left behind ...come on. You need to google some articles about it.

LaRae
I agree with you--there are many articles that mention the care taken of the women & baby.
Additionally, once the Archbishop had the information about the other car's occupants, he tweeted about them as well.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Philip has driven LR Freelanders for mamy years whem on his own. Land Rover stopped producing the Freelander a few years ago. My guess is that the car that was delivered to Sandringham today was his Freelander from Windsor or Balmoral.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:46 PM
Royal Highness

People magazine online did state that it is the vehicle that he uses at Balmoral.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Philip has driven LR Freelanders for mamy years whem on his own. Land Rover stopped producing the Freelander a few years ago. My guess is that the car that was delivered to Sandringham today was his Freelander from Windsor or Balmoral.
THIS! Actual facts, before anyone jumps on the bandwagon and says Philips just popped down to the local dealership and purchased a new car. Do we think Land Rover would deliver like that, I don't.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Glad to hear that Philip is okay and that the other passengers and drivers are fine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I bet he has whiplash injuries (and the others too). I was in a car crash 30 years ago (someone drove across me) & had to wear a support collar for a while - I was awarded some compensation & still have minor neck problems. The pain of the whiplash didn't start for a few hours until my neck went into spasm & was sent to hospital. I've heard others say similar things about crash injuries.
I can imagine so; too. I've been in two very minor car crashes though as I was quite young on both occasions and thus more vulnerable I had whiplash injuries and was quite shaken up on both occasions. Particularly now that Philip is at a very old age, he'll also be more vulnerable to being badly hit psychologically and in regards to whiplash (though whiplash can effect everyone differently regardless of age). I wonder if he'll no longer drive after this or will stick to private grounds if he still has a desire to drive because he has an incredible stamina even at 97 and seems very strong-willed to carry on doing things that require extra strength at his age.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-18-2019, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I strongly suspect that, as the Freelander is no longer produced anymore and hasn’t been for two years or more, that this was indeed another car philip already owns. Even with the best will in the world I doubt Philip or the ROyal Household could get a car that hasn’t been produced for ages, in the same colour and spec to Sandringham within 24hrs. It may even be that Philip hasn’t asked for it and the royal staff are just being proactive.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I was in a car crash before with my daughter and yes in fact I had whiplash and show after 24 hs of the accident and I had to go for 3 months to therapy. And also I my daughter had to go even longer for whiplash and her arm and shoulder. I had to fight it with the insurance of the other car, it was his fault , and his insurance did not want to pay fr my daughter they literally told me she was a little girls so nothing could had happen to her, I never listen such stupid statement! Anyway hope everybody is ok today . Wonder how will the other people get compensated ?
Old 01-18-2019, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
THIS! Actual facts, before anyone jumps on the bandwagon and says Philips just popped down to the local dealership and purchased a new car. Do we think Land Rover would deliver like that, I don't.
I'm sure it must be one they already own and just had it relocated to Sandringham. The one he drove has special armor if the articles are to be believed. Even Range Rover couldn't put that together so quickly and if the palace was going to buy a new car, they would have taken time to decide on other amenities or upgrades they would one.