The Diamond Jubilee Service of Thanksgiving and Carriage Procession: June 5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The London cope has been round a while now. The then bishop of London wore it at the PoW's wedding in 1981 and it wasn't new for that occasion either!

I wonder if its The Jubilee Cope? It was commissioned for the Bishop of London by St. Paul’s in honour of the Silver Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II.

Trying to find a picture of Princess Anne, she looks stunning!

HM has gone to Mansion House, not for lunch, just a reception and then it's the Palace of Westminster for Lunch I believe. Almost all the guests from the Service have gone to Guildhall, that's over 2,000 people.

Last edited:
Impromptu God Save the Queen from the crowds as they see the Queen. And a wonderful one too. :)
I hope Her Majesty can truly feel just how beloved and respected she is.

I wonder if its The Jubilee Cope? It was commissioned for the Bishop of London by St. Paul’s in honour of the Silver Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II.

I believe that Huw Edwards on the BBC said that it was.

Just realised I'm going to miss the carriage procession, I'm at work!

Simply love seeing the public wiping away tears, Louise looks so cute!

That was very touching. Louise is a little ham. She really does genuinely enjoy being in the spotlight.

Impromptu God Save the Queen from the crowds as they see the Queen. And a wonderful one too. :)
I hope Her Majesty can truly feel just how beloved and respected she is.

I second your sentiments.

Catherine looked very elegant. But does a young woman of 30 need all that heavy makeup which started to crack between the cheeks as soon as she smiled broadly. Surely just soap and water will do just as well as she seems to have a flawless complexion.

Get that women off my screen, ARGH!

Anyone who thinks Kate's makeup is too heavy, turn to ITV1 now to see Joan Collins.

EIIR said:
Anyone who thinks Kate's makeup is too heavy, turn to ITV1 now to see Joan Collins.

I must be blind because I thought she looked great. I didn't notice any "cracking"!

Nor me, Royal Newbie.

I noticed a French tricolour being waved enthusiastically outside St. Paul's (Nico, it wasn't you was it? ;)). Apparently 3.6 million people watched last night's concert in France. The Queen must be really something to get the French onside ;).

It must be so horrible for her to be there while her husband is in hospital !

I LOVE this picture - Princess Michael of Kent has nodded off completely!!:lol:

I thought that it was a beautiful service - the sermon and the prayers were most lovely and I felt hugely proud to be a loyal Australian subject singing my heart out to "God Save the Queen" much to be neighbours chagrin. I did feel for the Queen, though, at not having Prince Phillip at her side on this most special day - perhaps the highlight of her reign. I was a tiny bit disappointed that it lack some of the granduer of the Golden Jubilee e.g. "I was Glad" and the "Vivat Regina" chanting, the Royal Family in Uniform, the Gold state Coach etc. but it was still a very special occasion that I feel greatful to have witnessed - albeit from afar. I can't wait for the carriage procession and balcony appearance later :)

Also, does anyone know if Princess Alexandra was there? I didn't see her and she is one of my favourites.

I think everyone looks lovely. A few comments:

QEII ... major bling! Love it! Are those diamond pins on the front of her hat?
Kate ... lovely look ... however, the dress seem to be the same design/fabric of the navy blue dress she wore at the start of the Canada trip last year???
York Princesses ... they've gotten it right all weekend.
Lady Louise ... incredibly sweet!

I think everyone looks lovely. A few comments:
QEII ... major bling! Love it! Are those diamond pins on the front of her hat?
Those are Swarovski crystals (on her hat).
But there is certainly no lack of bling; the Queen is wearing the Cullinan III brooch.

The Duchess of Cambridge entered Westminster behind The Duchess of Cornwall in front of her husband.

16-year-old Jemma Samuel, St. John Ambulance National Cadet of the Year, makes a superb recovery after a pause that seemed like a lifetime. And guess what? She's already tweeting about the experience! It seems that when David Cameron finished his reading, he forgot to turn the page. Jemma was the next speaker at that podium and had to flip through pages to find her spot.

@jemmasamuel: Prince Andrew just apologised on behalf of David Cameron

Last edited:
16-year-old Jemma Samuel, St. John Ambulance National Cadet of the Year, makes a superb recovery after a pause that seemed like a lifetime. And guess what? She's already tweeting about the experience!

I give her major props for not having a full-blown panic attack, but giving a slight smile as if to say 'oops, my bad', and fixing the situation. I'm sure on the inside she was anything but calm.

Can someone tell me why the royal standard is flying over Buckingham Palace?

After watching all of the celebrations, it's making me feel British But I am Irish,Yet I feel British and I LOVE The British Royal Family...

Maybe they just forgot to take it down? I'm sure BP is a pretty busy place just now.

EIIR said:
Maybe they just forgot to take it down? I'm sure BP is a pretty busy place just now.

The Queen left at what half 9? 10 O Clock this morning? You don't forget that HM isn't there.

Back
Top Bottom