Queen Elizabeth Pregnancy Photos

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Empress

Heir Apparent
Country
United States
I have searched and not found any photos (or a thread) that encompasses this subject, so please excuse me if there is a thread.

Does anyone have photos of Queen Elizabeth when she was pregnant? I have looked and looked and I can not find any. Did she never gain weight, or was she just carefull about hiding it and not being photgraphed?

Please feel free to post pictures of other Queens, when they were pregnant! It seems that photos of these beautiful times of their lives are few and far between if any at all!

Thanks

From December 1963 and January 1964
Sources TopFoto and Camera Press

1963dec4preg.jpg

c8f4eb14.jpg

13cb2841.jpg

wow! I never see the queen pregnant before!
thanks for the photos.

Me too, I can't remember having seen pics of that before. I had the strange feeling the Royal Mail would have delivered the babies to her :p ;)
So, very interesting thread, hope to see more!

iceflower said:
I had the strange feeling the Royal Mail would have delivered the babies to her :p ;)

LOL, I suspect that many of us who have given birth would have chosen that method!

These are great! Does anyone have any photos of any of the other older generation of royals pregnant? It seem swe only have photos of the newest generation.

HMMMMM..... I will look as well, but please continue to post!

Generally speaking the royal ladies kept out of the public eye when they were pregnant enough for it to show. I think Princess Anne was the first royal lady to appear in public while heavily pregnant.

Queen Mary was about five months pregnant with Prince Henry when Edward VII was crowned, and the photos of her in her coronation dress with its tight-laced corset didn't look much different from normal. It must not have been good for developing babies when their mothers did that.

I seem to remember something along those lines, that it was indecent of well heeled ladies to be in company outside of their immediate family once they LEARNED they were pregnant, so I guess I get the whole not showing your belly bit. Definitely different than we are today!

I don't think I've ever seen the Queen pregnant. I've been looking through a lot of archives and I haven't come across any pics of her pregnant at all. T4P

thanks for pictures of HM Queen's pregnant and i wanted see HM's pregnant with Prince Charles,Anne,Edward and Andrew what years before birth

WOOOW!!! I've never seen HM pregnant! If I wouldn't saw tham I would never say that she was pregnant. And I would still thought that her babies "bring" her the storks. As they say: you belive when you saw:D

Last edited:
She missed the State Opening of Parliament both times she was pregnant as Queen. Apparently not being out in public with a visible bump was more important than opening Parliament. I'm sure that wouldn't be the case these days.

This will be my first post. So, thanks for the photos of the Queen. I've never seen her pregnant either.

Elspeth said:
She missed the State Opening of Parliament both times she was pregnant as Queen. Apparently not being out in public with a visible bump was more important than opening Parliament. I'm sure that wouldn't be the case these days.
Indeed, how times have changed!
If she'd done that today, there'd be accusations of her snubbing the parliament and all sorts of stupid things like that.
I'm sure it's unlikely one would find too many more pregnancy pictures of royals of Her Majesty's generation, let alone earlier generations.
Having never had a child, I can only guess at how beautiful an experience it is, but personally I'd rather not see pregnant womens' bellies. I don't mean they shouldn't be seen in public, I'd just rather they covered up more than they do these days. I think society has become a little too relaxed with some things.
But that's just me.

Last edited:
A family Affair....

HM the Queen in bed with her children a couple of day's after the birth of HRH the Prince Edward (nee, Earl of Wessex)

Source: Taken by HRH the Duke of Edinburgh - now part of my personal collection.
386760b5.jpg

A really lovely photograph.

"MII"

Last edited:
I love that picture of the Queen in bed with her children surrounding her! So cute! Thanks

Margrethe II said:
A family Affair.... HM the Queen in bed with her children a couple of day's after the birth of HRH the Prince Edward (nee, Earl of Wessex)
Wonderful photo!!!
Thank you, Margrethe II, for posting and sharing! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Margrethe II, that photo needs to have an acknowledgment of the copyright holder, even if it's from your personal collection. If you don't know where the picture is from, maybe one of the other people reading the thread can help out? I'd hate to have to delete the photo, but we do have to pay attention to copyright law.

Elspeth said:
Margrethe II, that photo needs to have an acknowledgment of the copyright holder, even if it's from your personal collection. If you don't know where the picture is from, maybe one of the other people reading the thread can help out? I'd hate to have to delete the photo, but we do have to pay attention to copyright law.

Well then, I acknowledge the English relative who sent me the photograph....

Also I have stated that HRH the Duke of Edinburgh took the photo.

"MII"

Last edited:
OK, fair enough. If I remember right, some of those private photos found their way somehow to a German magazine which printed them and got into a fair bit of trouble as a result.

Elspeth said:
OK, fair enough. If I remember right, some of those private photos found their way somehow to a German magazine which printed them and got into a fair bit of trouble as a result.

Indeed, it was also stopped from public publication in the UK, I believe.

"MII" :)

thanks for the picture MII!!!

I can imagine the fit both DoE and QEII had when those pictures were published even if it was in Germany, we all know how private they are.

BTW: Morgan, Morgan, Morgan dear, that is a very pirate picture;) but cool anyways:D

the picture is great. i think the queen doesn't seem very happy with people seeing her laying down in bed, though, some days after giving birth. :) i could understand if it was forbiden to use it publically.

Wow she looked great during her pregnancy.
never ever saw the Queen pregnant. great! :)

Elspeth said:

The picture is also in Kitty Kelley's book "The Royals". Kelley says the picture was published in England only once.

I really like the 2nd pic in post 2. It looks as though Prince Philip is looking at the Queen with a lot of love in his eyes. Either that or she cracked a real funny joke.:)

Back
Top Bottom