Queen Elizabeth II's 80th Birthday Celebrations: 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
diana and sarah in queen's life
photos from royal.gov.uk
cumpleaosdelareina1.jpg
cumpleaosdelareina2.jpg

cumpleaosdelareina3.jpg

cumpleaosdelareina4.jpg

cumpleaosdelareina5.jpg

awsome :) GOD SAVE THE QUEEN !! (and her family)

awesome pictures of HM Queen Elizabeth II and good bless,madam of her 80th birthday but she really great as mother,grandmother what she raise as for it of her roles.

the wedding pic of diana and charles.....pic of that decade!

don't know if anyone noticed...there was not any pic of camilla and the queen....not even the wedding pics in the 2000's secion....

also...over the years....the queen had performed so many oversea duties....almost 1 visit per year...what a hard working queen!!!!

May the Queen have many many more happy and healthy birthdays in the future!

bigheadshirmp said:
the wedding pic of diana and charles.....pic of that decade!

I totally agree with you!

long live to the queen!!!!
Good save the queen!

Queen is such a wonderful woman and I am looking forward to her visit to Australia. God Saves the Queen!

as requested, warren... a little bit from the royal archive :

(from royal.gov.uk)

Last edited by a moderator:
the webpage of the royal household is sincerely lovely! such a great webpage, for a great ocassion. i wish the best to her majesty for this ocassion and always.

Just watched the video of the Golden Jubilee again, and each day my admiration for Her Majesty gains more and more, Her Majesty has been devoted her life for her people, shes a really faithful and wonderful Queen, i'm really really looking forward for Her Majesty's visit and hope i can arrange and see the Queen on walkabouts when shes in Sydney.

I had a chance to check out the website it's great if anyone out there has not had a chance to do it, it's worth a look. A lot of the archive pictures I have never seen which was really nice. I loved the letter that was sent to Queen Mary from her granddaughter about the doll house. It was so cute. Thanks to the member who posted the stamp from Canada it's the nicest stamp I have ever seen of the Queen. She looks radient on it. As always the Isle of Man stamps are fantastic . And I even learned something about history and geography from this site as usual. LOL. Thanks again.

The Monrach and Monarchy look to have a very promising future in my view! :)

bigheadshirmp said:
don't know if anyone noticed...there was not any pic of camilla and the queen....not even the wedding pics in the 2000's secion....

There is one there now. Perhaps it was added later. At any rate, a nice gesture whenever it was added.

That great photos.. one thing I never see before when Anne and her ex husband Mark bring their baby daugther Zara.. I can't image to see this... thank you... I tried to look those photos long time...... Cool...

I was so glad to see this photo! I had never seen it before, EVER. I'd only seen the one with Sophie holding Louise wearing the same outfit that was released right after Louise was born. This one was a real treat for me!

For those mentioning no photo of Camilla with the Queen... it was true... however, number three in this set has been replaced with one from the wedding, the one where Camilla reaches up to touch her hat and you can see the queen right behind her over her left shoulder... sorry I couldn't figure out how to copy and paste it here....

skhaynie said:
I was so glad to see this photo! I had never seen it before, EVER. I'd only seen the one with Sophie holding Louise wearing the same outfit that was released right after Louise was born. This one was a real treat for me!
At those photos taken of the Wessexes with Louise by the the Duke of York, there were heaps, but just some to realease in public, i have some that featured in Majesty Magazine in 2004.

skhaynie said:
For those mentioning no photo of Camilla with the Queen... it was true... however, number three in this set has been replaced with one from the wedding, the one where Camilla reaches up to touch her hat and you can see the queen right behind her over her left shoulder... sorry I couldn't figure out how to copy and paste it here....

That's very true skhaynie. Like all web designers, the designers decided to make a few changes after the site was published. :D I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more changes, hopefully some new pictures.

That's why I look forward to checking out the Queen's 80th birthday website more often to check if there are any new pictures. :)

Thanks to purple_platinum for giving us this sneak peek at the website. I hope everybody has a chance to look at all the amazing photos in the actual website, its truly a work of art and very fitting for Her Majesty's birthday.

For those of you who didn't see the website yet, go check it out:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page4817.asp

from royal.gov.uk

after the papers said, dianaa in , camila out of the album one photo is published.
of course, the information was lpublished for the time, not for a tabloid.

It is Queen Elizabeth is in love his family and in love Queen Mother,sister Princess Margaret of Snowdon. She is alone on royal family and oldest royal relations. She married Prince Philip on 58 year later now. Next year 2007 they married 60th anniversary diamond wedding. They married 1947 20 november.

Prince Philip will 85th birthday 10 june 2006 and Queen Elizabeth will 80th birthday. Royal couple married longest on royal europe family. They is parents and grandparents. They have seven grandchildren and four children,niece,nephew,cousin.

Rekon they will see any Great- GrandChildren in their lifetime and would they have HRH Prince or Princess :) thanks in Advance :)

ysbel said:
That's very true skhaynie. Like all web designers, the designers decided to make a few changes after the site was published. :D I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more changes, hopefully some new pictures.

That's why I look forward to checking out the Queen's 80th birthday website more often to check if there are any new pictures. :)

Thanks to purple_platinum for giving us this sneak peek at the website. I hope everybody has a chance to look at all the amazing photos in the actual website, its truly a work of art and very fitting for Her Majesty's birthday.

For those of you who didn't see the website yet, go check it out:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page4817.asp

from royal.gov.uk
I just checked things out a bit, to see if there were any changes in the 90s or 2000s photo albums, which is where the photos were that were changed right after the site went live. For those living in Britain or with access to British papers, was there a "row" over no photo of Camilla with the queen? I'm just curious since the 1st time I looked at the 2000s photos there wasn't a picture and then later there was. Did it make the papers?

Im glad HM and HRH and maybe other's are coming out to meet and greet the public in windsor on her actual birthday, I hope they keep this walkabout and acknowlage her birthday like when Queen elizaberth the Queen Mother was alive it was so exiting being outside Clarence house waiting for HM.

Originally Posted by Mahoogie
Just been wondering why the Queen has two birthdays,..can u tell me why?..and why is June 17 became her official birthday?...any significance of June 17 to her?
As far as i know like the previous Monarchs, The Queen also has two birthdays, one is her actual birthday, and the other one is the Sovereign's Birthday which often helds on a certain second Saturday in June when the weather is good.
Thanks for this thread, purple_platinum, i'm sure how wonderful it will be with lots and lots of pics of Her Most Gracious Majesty Queen Elizabeth II with her coming 80th birthday wish all the best wishes for her and her family.:)__________________

yes it is the weather i think, because in april it often rains but in june she can be at trooping the coulor standing in the sun :D

A gold Queen Elizabeth II 80th birthday coin is displayed at Buckingham Palace on March 21, 2006 in London. The GBP5 crown coin is available in gold at a cost of GBP675 and silver at GBP37.50

from getty

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 276
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 212
It will be alot of celebrations, this year the 80th Anniversary of the birthday of The Queen and next year the 60th Wedding Anniversary of Her Majesty and His Royal Highness. I hope that there will be a Commonwealth Tour.

A commemorative five pound coin is unveiled by the Royal Mint in London, 21 March 2006, as a celebration of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II's 80th birthday year. Designed by artist Danuta Solowiej-Wedderburn, the coin has ceremonial trumpets with banners as a salute to the Queen.

from ANP (AFP PHOTO/BEN STANSALL)

Attachments

• 2546805.jpg
    2546805.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 2546827.jpg
    2546827.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 254
  • 2546855.jpg
    2546855.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 237
Oh, good; maybe I'll order one. Last time I got a brochure from the Royal Mint, the birthday crown was only available as part of a set of 17 crowns from different countries, and I wasn't about to buy all of them just to get one of the British ones.

from ANP (EPA/HO) :

1 - This amethyst coloured limited edition paperweight is one of a number of items unveiled Tuesday 21st March 2006 by the Royal Mint to commemorate the British Queen's 80th birthday next month. The gold-infilled paperweight will sell for £200 pounds (euros 300). Other items include a holographic medal, a limited edition teddy bear and a new £5 (euros 7.5 coin).

2 - This enamel box is one of a number of items unveiled Tuesday 21 March 2006 by the Royal Mint to commemorate the British Queen's 80th birthday next month. The £150 (euros 225) Halcyon Days hand-painted enamel birthday box with coin joins other items such as a £5 coin, limited edition paperweight anda holographic portrait of the Queen whose actual birthday is 21st April although most celebrations will focus on June 17th, her official birthday.

3 - This £5 (euros 7.5) coin featuring trumpets is one of a number of items unveiled Tuesday 21st March 2006 by the Royal Mint to commemorate the British Queen's 80th birthday next month. The coin was designed by the Polish-born artist Danuta Solowiej-Wedderburn and features ceremonial trumpets with banners. The coin will cost £6.95 (euros 9.5)and limited editions in gold and silver are priced at £675 (euros 1,010) and £37.50 (euros 55) respectively.

Attachments

• 2556491.jpg
    2556491.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 2556433.jpg
    2556433.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 427
  • 2556401.jpg
    2556401.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 201
Status
Not open for further replies.