Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's Platinum Wedding Anniversary: November 20, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charles was born with 'sausage fingers' according to Queen Mary. Yes he also has arthritis but he has large, swollen fingers his entire life.

Ok I just never noticed them looking so swollen/tight/shiny before.

LaRae

I can't help but notice the way that the "top line" royals (HM down to the senior Kents) have been spread out at different tables, presumably in order to "play host" at each table.

Contrast that with your average wedding dinner, where the seating plans stick all of the family members and close friends together and let the acquaintances from college/work/the bowling league all sort of fend for themselves.

It think it demonstrates what gracious hosts HM and HRH are; rather than seeing to their own comfort first, they've tried to make sure that all of their guests feel valued and worth a seat at a table with a member of the host family.

:previous: They do much the same at State Banquets spreading the family (including cousins, nephews, nieces, grandchildren, etc. around the long tables. The photo of Catherine in that beautiful pink lace gown at the last one showed her sitting alone which is one of the downsides to attending such affairs. You would need to become adept at appropriate social small talk.

:previous: At least unlike the state banquet, they aren't off on their own. Other then Harry, who he is the only table 4 on the list we see, they are paired up. Mixing up the immediate family units a bit, but they all know each other well. Edward is seated with Lady Davina, both their spouses are not in attendance. Sarah Chatto and her husband are seated with Rose and her husband. The earl and countess of ulster are sitting with Lord Nicholas and his wife. The Earl and countess of Snowden are with Lady Helen and her husband. Anne and Tim are seated with the Earl and Countess of St Andrews.

Great showing. I notice from the carriage pictures of Philip, that some of his German relatives have come as well which is nice :flowers:

Hope the couple had a great night. 70 years, they deserve the perfect celebration just the way they want it.

I wonder whether partners were not invited?
Freddie Windsor came with his sister, not his wife.
Eugenie was there but no mention of Jack Brooksbank.

It seems a bit odd for a family dinner, even a formal one in Windsor Castle.

Most spouses attended according to the check list pictured. Lady Davina's husband didn't either. Maybe they had other commitments, like the Countess of Wessex.

Jack isn't a spouse or even a fiancé. No expectation of him being invited.

I totally understand what Royal Reporter, Richard Palmer, is saying here.

There’s no major golden rule on partners attending some royal family events. Sophie, Camilla, Beatrice and Eugenie’s partners attended family events and they weren’t engaged either, but it’s so hard to judge these things, because William and Harry like playing things down to privacy and protocol.

They like to leave you thinking their partners can only attend once an engagement is announced before hand. When actually that’s not always the case. The Queen is pretty much okay with partners coming along to some things. It’s down to the choice of the couple. It’s hard for us to totally get this though.

BBC ONE Documentary on The Royal Wedding Anniversary
Elizabeth & Philip: Love and Duty-

As I recall, there was a large and lovely family portrait released after the 60th wedding anniversary. Hope there will be one this time also...

Most spouses attended according to the check list pictured. Lady Davina's husband didn't either. Maybe they had other commitments, like the Countess of Wessex.

Jack isn't a spouse or even a fiancé. No expectation of him being invited.

It is worth noting it was a Monday night party and so people may have had work commitments that mean going to Windsor for a late night may not have been practical. If you're a couple you'd probably just end up one of you going and that one will be the actual relative not the partner. Obviously that is not true for senior royals who don't have "everyday jobs".

:previous: Well yes, this was a family dinner and in the normal course of things, such events do not impact on the workplace. However, I think you would need to be a world-famous neurosurgeon scheduled to operate at 0600hrs Tuesday morning as a reason not to attend that particular family dinner.

The Dinner to mark the platinum wedding of HM the Queen and HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinborough's Platinum Wedding dinner is not your average family get together. So, unless, like Sophie, you are out of the country on HM business or are unwell. Such an occasion is a historical event and I cannot think of a boss that would want to throw a spanner in that work or family member that would wish to slight them.

It would be so nice if this box actually saved what you type so you don't need to start all over if the website decides to reload :(

Looks like the missing spoyses were: the countess of Wessex, mr Gary Lewis and mrs Frederick Windsor.
Non-attending (most likely not invited) boy/girlfriends: Meghan Markle, Jack Brooksbank and Tom Kingston.

It would be so nice if this box actually saved what you type so you don't need to start all over if the website decides to reload :(

Looks like the missing spoyses were: the countess of Wessex, mr Gary Lewis and mrs Frederick Windsor.
Non-attending (most likely not invited) boy/girlfriends: Meghan Markle, Jack Brooksbank and Tom Kingston.

Lady Frederick not Mrs.

Immediate family and their adult children; HMQs cousins and partners plus poss children ( this will include Bowes-Lyon relatives); DoEdinburgh cousins/nephews (gentlemen seen in the carriage ride are an example) plus the Milford Havens and Mountbattens; ladies and gentlemen in waiting including former participants ( read about this in a number of papers); personal friends.

150 could be reached v easily.

Back
Top Bottom