The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-20-2021, 08:40 AM
Majesty

I certainly don't think Prince Philip is at death's door, but a possible fresh infection necessitating him being kept in hospital for a week is also worrying. A 99 years old body doesn't recuperate as quickly or as well from such things. Wishing him all the best!

Old 02-20-2021, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56141128

Prince of Wales has visited Philip in hospital

Old 02-20-2021, 10:41 AM
Gentry

Apparently Charles has gone to visit Philip in hospital.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56141128

Prince of Wales has visited Philip in hospital
This is the 1st visit for the Duke I believe by a member of the RF since he was admitted to hospital.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:45 AM
Gentry

Am surprised visitors are allowed.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:53 AM
Nobility

Same here, which is why I am now concerned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saz83 View Post
Am surprised visitors are allowed.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hmmm trying to remember if on his previous hospitalizations if he had visitors. Not counting scheduled things like his hip surgery.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

It feel its a bit concerning as the hospital's own website makes clear visitors are not allowed except for "end of life care" or "to break bad news".

That said it is a private hospital so can to some degree make its own rules up, Charles has had the vaccine and had Covid before and is likely being regularly tested so they may feel he is so low risk it is okay for a visit especially to someone as elderly as Philip (though whether the hospital would do the same for anyone else who knows).
Old 02-20-2021, 11:01 AM
Majesty

Probably the queen's too elderly to be considered safe going into hospital...and Philip is very old so someone ought to go see him.. so as Charles is a good bit younger he's considered Ok....
Old 02-20-2021, 11:02 AM
Royal Highness

My cousins were only allowed to see my aunt a few months ago to say goodbye, so it is concerning. Not sure PC would want to risk it if he father was going to be out fine in a few days.

That said it might be because both have had the vaccine and Charles has had covid but.....
Old 02-20-2021, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It feel its a bit concerning as the hospital's own website makes clear visitors are not allowed except for "end of life care" or "to break bad news".

That said it is a private hospital so can to some degree make its own rules up, Charles has had the vaccine and had Covid before and is likely being regularly tested so they may feel he is so low risk it is okay for a visit especially to someone as elderly as Philip (though whether the hospital would do the same for anyone else who knows).
I would agree, and the RF is very wary of being seen to receive special treatment , although we know they do. At the moment visitors are not allowed in hospitals, so they would be leaving themselves open to criticism.
It is not unusual even under normal circumstances for royals not to receive visitors in hospital as they are aware that it causes disruption to the staff and patients.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

If we start seeing other members of the family show up I will be concerned.

Most hospitals here are end of life visits only.

LaRae
Old 02-20-2021, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Charles has left having stayed around 30minutes.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Private hospitals cannot make their own rules. My sister had a major operation on Wednesday in a private hospital and we are not allowed to visit her. I suspect then that something is very wrong here.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:52 AM
Serene Highness

I hope that's nothing to worry about ... visitors aren't generally being allowed, and Prince Charles would only be allowed to travel from Highgrove to London to visit if it classed as valid compassionate grounds. Hoping to see Prince Philip home soon.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Twitter sucks...people ripping on Charles and the BRF. I’m glad he went to visit his 99 year old father !

I refuse to be pessimistic about this.....
Old 02-20-2021, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

During the current restrictions here limited visiting may be arranged by prior agreement but only in exceptional clinical circumstances so I'm a little concerned too for the duke's health.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
This is the 1st visit for the Duke I believe by a member of the RF since he was admitted to hospital.
In previous instances when Philip was in hospital he didn't seem to receive visitors (if I am not mistaken); so, quite surprising and somewhat that Charles visited him this time (even more so now visitors aren't allowed due to the pandemic). I wonder whether Philip specifically asked Charles to visit.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

The first thing I thought when I heard that Charles had been to see Philip was “oh dear that’s not good”.

I hope he makes a strong recovery but I guess at his age it gets harder to fight off illness and infection.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:21 PM
Majesty

Pictures of Prince Charles when he visited the Duke of Edinburgh in hospital.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hospital.html