Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: Feb 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time Maxwell's name comes up, there is also Andrews. Lots of rich men were involved in this dirty dirty business, A is always the first one up. Believe me someone already filled Epstein's spot, he/she/it may just be more discreet about it, because they have to much to lose and don't want to end up like J Epstein. The FBI has a credibility problem them self's, so, there may also be a trust issue?, I would say. So why would A. talk to them? Bill Clinton is right now the head of a Women's group or something, this was on the news yesterday? This is like putting the Fox in charge of the Henhouse, or a Pedophile in charge of a Kindergarden class? take your pick.

My hope is that trial calls attention to the heinous crime of trafficking. And there is more done to prevent it.

:previous: Agreed. Let's hope that this helps to stem the tide of human trafficking.

I hope so too. But to look reality in the face, as long as there is supply and even bigger demand, it will not end and that is the sad reality.

The Duke of York was seen riding on the grounds of Windsor castle yesterday, April 3:

** rex gallery **

According to The Sunday Times, The Duke of York has reportedly been replaced by Roland Walker, Afghanistan war veteran, at Trooping the Colour. Last year, Roland Walker has received Distinguished Service Order honour from the Queen at Buckingham Palace.

Andrew the pariah prince is pushed aside from Queen’s birthday parade
Disgraced Duke of York will be replaced at Trooping the Colour by a decorated Afghanistan war veteran
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...d-aside-from-queens-birthday-parade-gghdgbgc3

Roya Nikkhah has also tweeted out the article asking the question of why The Duke of York has still held on to his Colonel of the Regiment at Grenadier Guard. Since the article is behind the paywall, I'm not quite sure if this question/point is ever mentioned.
Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah
EXCLUSIVE The Duke of York will be replaced at Trooping the Colour by war hero Major General Roland Walker. Questions now raised about why Prince Andrew still holds his @GrenadierGds role when Prince Harry lost his @RoyalMarines title?
@thesundaytimes
7:16 PM · Feb 28, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

Without comparing this situation with Harry, I think the Colonel of the Regiment of Grenadier Guard could go to The Duke of Cambridge, The Princess Royal or even The Earl of Wessex. This honorary military title was handed from The Duke of Edinburgh to The Duke of York. Judging by a list on Wikipedia (Fraser, David (1998) [1978]. The Grenadier Guards. Men-at-Arms Series # 73. London: Osprey Publishing. ISBN 0-85045-284-8.) at one point, it was held by then Princess Elizabeth. The Regiment Colonel is not limited to the direct line of succession or even in the Royal Family. Some members of the Nobility held this role.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenadier_Guards#Regimental_Colonels

The Grenadier Guards should have a visible and deserving Colonel. It’s the senior regiment among the Foot Guards and regarded as the Queen’s personal guard... According to several articles in the British Media, they didn’t even wanted to have Prince Andrew as their Honorary Colonel after Prince Philip but was told that they must accept him...

The Colonel won’t have to ride in the Trooping the Color parade. The Duke of Kent is still Colonel of the Scots Guards but goes by a carriage by now. As did Prince Philip from 2003 despite still being Colone of the Grenadier Guards. Their place in the procession is just taken by the regimental lieutenant Colonel.
As Major-General Roland Walker (a very fine veteran with a flawless record) is the current regimental Lieutenant Colonel and Colonel Commanding, he is the obvious choice to replace Andrew at Trooping as long as things stands where they are...

Prince Charles, Prince William and Princess Anne are already Colonels in the Household Division so i doubt any of them will be asked. It would just result in filling one position while opening up another at the same time... Between The Queen’s accession in 1952 until Prince Philip’s appointment in 1975, the Grenadier Guards had 2 non-royal colonels (General Baron Jeffreys 1952-1960 and Major-General Sir Allan Adair 1960 - 1975) and i think most Grenadier’s would much rather prefer one of their own instead of a new RF Member unless he or she is absolutely non-controversial.

Last edited:
Must be lovely to thousand and thousands of acres at your disposal.

:previous: Sounds kind of isolating to me. It's a good thing though that the Duke of York is sticking close to home and keeping his nose clean at least until after the Maxwell trial has ended. ;)

:previous: Sounds kind of isolating to me. It's a good thing though ...

Yep, but that is, why I not really understand his regular outings riding! Is it, to make his presence felt, that the "audience" does not forget him - like an actor in a career low phoning paparazzis, that he will soon jog at the beach?

His days as a working royal are over! He should come to terms with it!

Yep, but that is, why I not really understand his regular outings riding! Is it, to make his presence felt, that the "audience" does not forget him - like an actor in a career low phoning paparazzis, that he will soon jog at the beach?

I hardly think that going out riding is some kind of way of keeping up his days as a working royal. He's riding.. that's all....

He goes riding at Windsor Castle, where his horse/s are stabled. The media make a big deal of the fact that the only time they can see him now is when he goes across from Royal Lodge to Windsor Great Park to go riding.

He probably goes over most days but the media only seem to catch a glimpse of him occasionally. They are usually at Windsor to catch a sight of the Queen over Easter which is why Andrew has been spotted twice in a week after weeks of not being seen.

He can't remain locked in Royal Lodge for the rest of his life. He knows that he isn't coming back to official life but he is still entitled to exercise, and even go to visit his mother at her home.

I think eventually the palace will have to act. It is clear Andrew is not going to be able to be 'rebranded' or 'rehabilitated' to the public anytime soon so holding his appointments over isn't going to work. I have always thought the Palace was waiting for a clear sign from legal goings on - either further investigation or something to 'clear' him (even though tbf he has not been charged with anything). I also think other things have taken priority but have now also cleared the way for how to deal with Andrew - the template laid down for Harry and Meghan can be used here to possibly.

Another possibility I have wondered about is whether the Palace is waiting for a moment when the announcement that the Duke of York is renouncing his appointments will be overshadowed by other events. His resignation will not be controversial (other than the question of why it has been so long in coming), but unless it is a very active news day, the announcement will return the spotlight to the Duke and the scandals and allegations that caused him to step back will be rehashed in public.

Presumably, some of the Duke of Edinburgh's appointments and patronages will be reassigned in the coming months, and that may be the opportunity when the reassignment of the Duke of York's appointments can be announced as a part of a wider reorganization rather than being the focus.

Interesting details in that especially about his current security.

He's got to have something top of the line to drive from Royal Lodge over to the stables at Windsor Castle to be "seen" riding a horse, y'know. Has to be something befitting of a Prince of the UK. Makes me wonder if there really *is* anywhere else that Andrew goes. :D

That shows how easily appearances and confidence apparently can fool the guards. Not a very safe thought. It shouldn't have been to hard to check with the house to see whether Andrew was indeed expect 'ms X' for lunch.
And they are professionals. It almost sounds too far-fetched to believe.

I don't understand how this "Irene Windsor" woman could convince security at Royal Lodge that she was Andrew's fiancee! She actually gained access to the inside of the house!:ohmy:

Doesn't the security staff know ANYTHING about the person they are responsible for protecting? Such as...Prince Andrew is not engaged?

But they were apparently taken in by how "glamorous" the intruder looked.:ermm:

I don't understand how this "Irene Windsor" woman could convince security at Royal Lodge that she was Andrew's fiancee! She actually gained access to the inside of the house!:ohmy:

Doesn't the security staff know ANYTHING about the person they are responsible for protecting? Such as...Prince Andrew is not engaged?

But they were apparently taken in by how "glamorous" the intruder looked.:ermm:

She only told them she was his fiancée when she already was IN the house and couldn't find Andrew; at that point they figured out she was an intruder. At the gate she seemed not to have identified herself but just stated confidently that she was to have lunch with the Duke (and made them pay for her cab!).

Absolutely shocking!
How can professional security be fooled by someone claiming to be engaged to Prince Andrew, especially by how 'Glamorous' they are.

Surely if she was engaged to Prince Andrew she would have visited the house before and this would not be the first time they had heard of her. :ermm:

I have never visited a royal at their house but I would imagine there has to be some sort of invitation or prior warning to security of a guest. In any event I'm sure it wouldn't have been difficult for them to call the house and check and not let a stranger in.

She only told them she was his fiancée when she already was IN the house and couldn't find Andrew; at that point they figured out she was an intruder. At the gate she seemed not to have identified herself but just stated confidently that she was to have lunch with the Duke (and made them pay for her cab!).

No - the article clearly states that she made the guards at the 2nd, manned gate pay for her cab and they were, apparently, awestruck by her glamorous appearance and her claims of a lunch date with PA - and they directed her a half mile up the road to Royal Lodge itself. Then, she wandered around the gardens outside of Royal Lodge for 20 minutes. It was only when she actually went inside the house and asked a staff member where Andrew was that she was asked to identify herself - at that point, she claimed she was his fiancee.

So, the guards at the gate clearly messed up by letting her in at all, but, thankfully, the staff member inside the house had the presence of mind to ask some basic questions.

No - the article clearly states that she made the guards at the 2nd, manned gate pay for her cab and they were, apparently, awestruck by her glamorous appearance and her claims of a lunch date with PA - and they directed her a half mile up the road to Royal Lodge itself. Then, she wandered around the gardens outside of Royal Lodge for 20 minutes. It was only when she actually went inside the house and asked a staff member where Andrew was that she was asked to identify herself - at that point, she claimed she was his fiancee.

So, the guards at the gate clearly messed up by letting her in at all, but, thankfully, the staff member inside the house had the presence of mind to ask some basic questions.
Not sure what you are disagreeing with as that is exactly what I described based on the article I read as well. She did not identify herself to the guards at the gate as the duke's fiancée but only to some other staff member when in the house; but she had the guards at the (2nd) gate pay for her taxi.

In reading the accounts of the incident, it occurred to me that Andrew being visited by an attractive polished woman might be a somewhat regular thing and the guards handled it the way they handle other visitors. The Duke is known to display a temper now and then and incurring his wrath by challenging a female guest might be a situation to avoid.

In reading the accounts of the incident, it occurred to me that Andrew being visited by an attractive polished woman might be a somewhat regular thing and the guards handled it the way they handle other visitors. The Duke is known to display a temper now and then and incurring his wrath by challenging a female guest might be a situation to avoid.

Basic principles would seem to dictate that the identity of the caller and veracity of her statement she was expected for lunch would be checked before she was allowed past the second gates. Andrew should alert the gate staff in advance to the fact a guest was expected. Surely incurring the Duke's wrath by challenging a female caller is preferable to putting him in danger of assassination. Heads should roll over this.

He's got to have something top of the line to drive from Royal Lodge over to the stables at Windsor Castle to be "seen" riding a horse, y'know. Has to be something befitting of a Prince of the UK. Makes me wonder if there really *is* anywhere else that Andrew goes. :D

probalby not. He's pretty much persona non grata I'd say wiht everyone outside his family and maye a close friends or 2. Plus until this week the country's been in lockdown.. so he's not likely to be visiting anyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom