The Prince of Asturias Awards All Years Untill 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fanletizia said:
The Princess of Asturias will not travel to the Campoamor Theater of Oviedo, where tomorrow will take place the prize-giving ceremony of the Prizes that bear the name of the heir to the Throne, and which celebrates their XXV anniversary. According to a spokesman of the Casa del Rey, the gynaecologist of Doña Letizia, Luis Ignacio Recasens (who has emphasized that the Princess is perfectly well) did not advise the trip.
This morning, Don Felipe received the awarded personalities with the Medals of Asturias 2005. Besides, he also received the finalists of the University of Oviedo in 2004, as well as the protective members of the Princes of Asturias Foundation, two scholastic centres of the Principality and the Association for the fiftieth anniversary of the training school of Ensidesa.

On a side note, the Sporting de Gijón presented the Prince with the equipment of the team, with his name printed on the back of the T-shirt, along with a complete uniform for his first-born. Don Felipe figured out that the t-shirt for the baby did not have any name and turned back to the photographers to remember that he doesn’t know if his first child will be a boy or a girl.

Last edited:
From terra:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 141
I think one shouldn´t be sad or disappointed, that Letizia doesn´t go. Every average woman would be on maternity leave on this stage of pregnancy. And as we know, Letizia had already contractions (even though it just might have been braxton-hicks contractions), so IMO it would be irresponsible and an unreasonable demand to let her go.
Of course this jubilee is special, but there more will come in the future...and then she can attend.

I am assuming she is very close to give birth. Many women continue with their normal life up until the day of birth. A four hour trip shouldn't be an issue unless the has entered the final stages of her pregnancy. She may have started to dilate and then the birth is imminent. My prayers to another healthy royal birth. ( I had really look forward to seeing her outfit for the award ceremony).
grevinnan

:( :( :(
You know what? The fact that the Princess is pregnant was announced in the beginning of May. So the Fundation had enough time to change the date of delivering the prices. It could have taken place earlier, in the beginning of October or even late September! They should have thought about the fact that most of royal babies was born earlier than it had been predicted and on the late October Letizia's pregnancy would be really advanced. Hello? This event is one of their most importand act during the whole year! The organisators should have done somethink with it!:mad:

LaChicaMadrilena said:

You know what? The fact that the Princess is pregnant was announced in the beginning of May. So the Fundation had enough time to change the date of delivering the prices. It could have taken place earlier, in the beginning of October or even late September! They should have thought about the fact that most of royal babies was born earlier than it had been predicted and on the late October Letizia's pregnancy would be really advanced. Hello? This event is one of their most importand act during the whole year! The organisators should have done somethink with it!:mad:

The Foundation has advanced to the prizes one week, that is what could advance them. The agenda of the prizes is organized of a year for another one, the juries meet throughout the months of the year until September, and must reunite to many people. In addition to which they must adapt to agende of the acts of the Prince. The Prizes cannot be celebrated in September because it is the celebration of Asturias and later the celebration of Oviedo, are many celebrations and are impossible that the Prizes are celebrated in that month. And the last weekend was the Latin American Summit.

LaChicaMadrilena said:

This is the best opinion i have read over this topic!!:D Good for you Chicamadrileña.It's every time letizia's fould for everything, so why don't give the blame to someone else for a change.The Foundation didn't use there brains!It's ther'e fault! So now we have a very sad, crying mother to be alone in her big Home and the daddy over there in her Hometown at the event that she had love to go.So i hope now the baby have mest Up mams week , He ore she will do the same to daddy and start pushing to come out!!:D :D Why not tommorow evening afther the prices? Isn't that funny?;)

Thanks lapopdiva. I was so curious about her outfit for this event... I'm gonna to cry...

I do not like your commentaries, probably because I know and respect very much the work that the Foundation realizes for 25 years, with a lot of effort and initially with not many means. The Prizes existed before Letizia, and if shecannot come it is a shame, but everything must continue forward. The members of the Foundation wanted that Letizia was here, but the cicunstancias have been those who have been. The director of the Foundation Graciano García knows Letizia since she was a girl, and possibly it is one of the persons who more has felt this news.:p

lula said:
I do not like your commentaries, probably because I know and respect very much the work that the Foundation realizes for 25 years, with a lot of effort and initially with not many means. The Prizes existed before Letizia, and if shecannot come it is a shame, but everything must continue forward. The members of the Foundation wanted that Letizia was here, but the cicunstancias have been those who have been. The director of the Foundation Graciano García knows Letizia since she was a girl, and possibly it is one of the persons who more has felt this news.:p

I was joking Lula,I yust have to laugh afther reading chicamadrilena comment.So don't be to serios about this.I know the foundation is very respectfull .Afther being desapointed yesterday, today i take everything with a joke. So, RELAX Girl!! ;)

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Thanks lapopdiva. I was so curious about her outfit for this event... I'm gonna to cry...
I had cry already yesterday.I knew that she wasn't going anymore.And i wasn't that curious about her outfit.I just wanted to see her over there because i know that it means a lot to her.So now we have the only opcion to wait until the baby has born!! And i hope the baby go for it this weekend!!:D :D

lapopdiva said:
So i hope now the baby have mest Up mams week , He ore she will do the same to daddy and start pushing to come out!!:D :D Why not tommorow evening afther the prices? Isn't that funny?
Lapopdiva, you're funny! Now, I'm imagining the whole scene: Felipe abandoning the Campoamor theatre in the middle of the ceremony and all the photographers turning their backs to the respectful scientists, artists, writers, politicians a.s.o., just saying: "Sir, nothing personal, but who cares about cerebral neuroscience and your studies about Parkinson and Alzheimer?? This is a royal birth!!" :D :D

Elsa M. said:
Lapopdiva, you're funny! Now, I'm imagining the whole scene: Felipe abandoning the Campoamor theatre in the middle of the ceremony and all the photographers turning their backs to the respectful scientists, artists, writers, politicians a.s.o., just saying: "Sir, nothing personal, but who cares about cerebral neuroscience and your studies about Parkinson and Alzheimer?? This is a royal birth!!" :D :D

That would be priceless! And I bet that Elsa would be double happy if the baby was born on Saturday;)

Anna_R said:
That would be priceless! And I bet that Elsa would be double happy if the baby was born on Saturday;)
Haha (you, my dear, are always on top of the news)... well if the labour began during the ceremony, as by our Lapopdiva's suggestion, he/she could always be born a few minutes after midnight...:p

http://es.news.yahoo.com/051020/185/4cnim.html

The gifts to the future baby of the Princes of Asturias have caught the interest of the meetings granted tpday in Oviedo by Don Felipe de Borbón. The first of the three hearings was granted to the Secondary Institute of Cangas del Narcea, whose students asked Don Felipe if the baby waited by his wife, Doña Letizia, is going to be a boy or a girl. The second hearing of this afternoon had the representatives of the St. Tomás de Aquino school as protagonists, who presented the Prince with a baby coat. Before this gift, the Prince said that he would have to first give the present to his wife, so that "she could explain how it works", said Jose Luis Alvarez Valdés. The last visit of the day met the Prince with the representatives of the Milk and Agro-alimentary Laboratory of Asturias.

Photo from EFE:

Attachments

• 1129727865648w.jpg
    1129727865648w.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 144
http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/principe_meninas_valdes_553937.htm

The Prince of Asturias visited today in Oviedo the monumental exhibition 'Las Meninas', of the Valencian sculptor and painter Manolo Valdés, which had been exposed in the gardens of the Palais Royal of Paris, during the last month of June. Many people took then advantage of the opportunity to personally see the Prince on the street, to ask him for Doña Letizia.

The visit of the Prince to the exhibition 'Las Meninas' was one of the numerous act presided today by Don Felipe. Don Felipe will conclude his first day in Oviedo with a supper which will be attended by the patrons of the Prince of Asturias Foundation.

Before, in the Audience that bears his name, the Prince will attend the closing concert of the XIV Week of Music, organized by the Foundation, in which Jesus Lopez Cobos, musical director of the Real Theatre of Madrid, will conduct the Symphony Orchestra of the Principality, the Choir of the Foundation and the Donostiarra Orpheum in the performance of 'Mass Requiem', of Verdi.

The Prince visit Valdes' sculpture installation "Las Meninas", shown in the Spanish northern town of Oviedo, on the eve of the celebration of the Prince of Asturias Awards ceremony

From getty

Attachments

• 55972098.jpg
    55972098.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 55972106.jpg
    55972106.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 55972103.jpg
    55972103.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 156
  • 55972101.jpg
    55972101.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 171
  • 55971884.jpg
    55971884.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 339
  • 55971883.jpg
    55971883.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 164
  • 55971869.jpg
    55971869.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 55971831.jpg
    55971831.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 157
Elsa M. said:

:D :D Now i love the idea much more!! And i didn't think about the artist, writers and politicians.OH Elsa you're a bad Girl, hahaha.I ask for the baby to be born after the prices, and you want the baby in the middle of the ceremony!! I Love That! I bed that the baby will born on saturday/sunday.And In Asturias.Now i lost the half of my bed.So i hope the baby will born on saturday after Felipe gived the price in porua.;)

Anna_R said:

I'm sure she will be very happy!!

More from getty:

Attachments

• 55972374.jpg
    55972374.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 55972373.jpg
    55972373.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 55972370.jpg
    55972370.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 55972368.jpg
    55972368.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 55972366.jpg
    55972366.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 55972114.jpg
    55972114.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 55972113.jpg
    55972113.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 149
  • 55972110.jpg
    55972110.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 333
  • 55972109.jpg
    55972109.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 55972364.jpg
    55972364.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 140
From getty:

Attachments

• 55972395.jpg
    55972395.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 55972390.jpg
    55972390.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 55972386.jpg
    55972386.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 55972382.jpg
    55972382.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 55972379.jpg
    55972379.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 55972377.jpg
    55972377.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 131
From terra:

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 196
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
From Fundación Príncipe de Asturias:

Attachments

• foto122.jpg
    foto122.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 150
  • foto123.jpg
    foto123.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 166
http://actualidad.terra.es/cultura/articulo/orfeon_coro_fundacion_semana_musica_554153.htm

Chorus and Choir Foundation close Musical Week before the Prince

The Chorus Native of San Sebastian and the Choir of the Foundation Prince of Asturias joined today Their voices for the first time to close, with an interpretation of the Mass of Réquiem, of Verdi, directed by Jesus Lopez Cobos, the Week XIV of Music with a concert presided by Don Felipe de Borbón
(...)

From Fundación Príncipe de Asturias:

Last edited:
too bad the princess couldn't attend, but the baby is the priority right now so let's just hope for a fast & safe delivery...

2 more from ANP :

Attachments

• 3119404.jpg
    3119404.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 3119423.jpg
    3119423.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 139
http://www.lne.es/

Don Felipe: " The Princess is nice "

The inheritor led a bath of multitudes in the square of the Escandalera and the walk of the Poplars between Valdés's works
The question repeated itself up to the satiety. And don Felipe de Borbón answered it in several occasions: " She Is nice,she is nice ". The Prince of Asturias was confirming so dona Letizia's state of health is "marvellous", since already there improved in the first hours a speaker of the House of the King, who clarified, besides, that, finally, the Princess will not be in the ceremony of delivery of the prizes that take the name of the title of her husband, who will take place this evening in the Campoamor of Oviedo, in spite of the fact that she was doing to her " a lot of illusion ". In the natal city of the Princess, between recollections of dona Letizia, don Felipe one gave a bath of multitudes from the square of the Escandalera and up to the walk of the Poplars, where he contemplated Manolo Valdés's sculptures.

Oviedo, Azahara VILLACORTA

" She is nice, is nice ". Don Felipe de Borbón repeated for last time in yesterday and along duplicate the report of health of the Princess of Asturias in the ovetense I walk of the Poplars. The question was repeated during the whole day, hearing after hearing of the inheritor, ten in whole, after, in the first hours, the House of the King was reporting that, finally, dona Letizia would not travel to Asturias to accompany her husband this evening, during the ceremony of delivery of the awards that take his name.
Ultimately, dona Letizia will not be in the theatre Campoamor in the year in which the Foundation Prince of Asturias celebrates theAnniversary XXV, in spite of the desires that she had, as confirmed don Felipe with an eloquent gesture. To the question of if Letizia would begin of less her natal city in a such special occasion, the Prince shrank of shoulders, extended the arms, asintió, smiled with expression of "evidently" and only he said: " you can imagine ".
(...)

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20051021/51195754026.html

The princess Letizia will follow the prizes from La Zarzuela
MARIÁNGEL ALCAZAR - 21/10/2005 MADRID

Conscious that the principal thing is to follow the medical advices, dona Letizia will get lost today the one that could be one of the most emotive moments of her life as princess of Asturias. The doctor Luis Ignacio Recasens recommended to her yesterday not to travel to Asturias to avoid risks in her outpost been of gestation. It neither is badly there nor is risk of an imminent childbirth, but the bad meteorological conditions in which she was going to realize the distance between Madrid and Oviedo, both in plane and in car, they advised that the princess Letizia should remain in her residence of La Zarzuela.
The life of don Felipe and dona Letizia is marked by Asturias and for the prizes to which name gives the title of the inheritor. In the edition of 2003, don Philip came to the study that TVE had mounted in Oviedo to visit the editors who were employed at the transmission and greeted with a hand squeeze the one that already was his girlfriend. The journalist at the time Letizia Ortiz lowered the sight, but this gesture of modesty only acquired meaning one week later, when, on November 1, it started herself knowing the commitment of the couple.
Last year, the former journalist, born, besides, in Asturias, was to another side of the camera. She was the protagonist of the delivery of the prizes and the theatre Campoamor put literally in foot when don Felipe went to her. Since she could, she suppressed the tears and gave samples of this containment that sometimes is called a fortress. In his speech of last year, the Prince spoke about a tree that prompt was going to give his fruits, a phrase that managed to be interpreted as the advertisement watched of a pregnancy. But not. They had to pass several months in order that the Princess was starting preparing her first son. From the ends of February, the first-born one of the Princes it nests in dona Letizia's abdomen, and today, when a few weeks are absent only - or probably a few days - in order that the creature is born, the Princess will not be able to be sat in the scene of the theatre Campoamor. She had liked nothing more, though probably the emotion would have reached the maximum levels. The fruit that the Prince was announcing last year is already mature.
Since don Felipe came to Oviedo last Wednesday night, the calls between the capital of the principality and Madrid have happened. The Princess is not in Oviedo, but as if it it was. Surely today, in the lounge of her residence of the Zarzuela, dona Letizia will be able to give free rein to the emotion when the prince of Asturias mentions her in his speech.

Back
Top Bottom