Queen Letizia: Pictures as a Girl and Young Woman

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great photos Elsa, í see them for the first time.Thanks for sharing

Anna_R said:
During her first communion, on May 16th, 1981 (she was 8)
i was surprised to see this photo. i thought she'd had no association with the catholic church until her engagement.
I think she was confirmed shortly before her wedding. is that right?

is it often the case that people who have a first communion don't go on to be confirmed?

thanks so much to everyone who posted. looking at all these photos, I think Letizia's appearance has changed less since her engagement than any of the other crownprincesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
pollyemma said:
is it often the case that people who have a first communion don't go on to be confirmed?
Well, if that answers your question, I myself am catholic and I had my first and solemn communions, but I was never confirmed...
Many people didn't go on to be confirmed, although, nowadays, the Church is trying to make it necessary to marry by the Catholic rites).

pollyemma said:
i was surprised to see this photo. i thought she'd had no association with the catholic church until her engagement.

thanks so much to everyone who posted. looking at all these photos, I think Letizia's appearance has changed less since her engagement than any of the other crownprincesses.

I read somewhere that she did her confirmed shortly before her wedding and that felipe was her godfather. But i didn't save that article. I found it in google.

Last edited:
Here Is the article i put it in spanish.

Doña Letizia recibió la Confirmación el pasado fin de semana

Con gran discreción, y a petición propia, la prometida de Don Felipe fue confirmada en la capilla de Zarzuela. Para apadrinarle optó por elegir a su futuro esposo.

15 de mayo de 2004. La decisión había sido tomada por Doña Letizia Ortiz de acuerdo a sus deseos particulares. Por eso la Casa Real habilitó todo lo necesario para llevar a cabo la ceremonia religiosa, de Confirmación, en la capilla con que cuenta el Palacio de la Zarzuela. Mucho sigilo y discreción para el acto religioso, de carácter íntimo. Curiosa coincidencia, puesto que en estas semanas tienen lugar numerosas ceremonias similares de Confirmación en toda España.

Como es habitual, la persona que es confirmada debe elegir una persona que le apadrine. En este caso, Doña Letizia eligió a Don Felipe. Su prometido se mostró muy emocionado durante la celebración religiosa.

No hay que olvidar que hasta el momento la prometida del Príncipe de Asturias no había mostrado especial interés por cuestiones referentes a la religión. De hecho, su primer matrimonio se celebró por lo civil.

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/16067.asp

Yust one more thing, i don't know if this is true because El semanal digital es not that credible.

Last edited:
A couple of photos recieving the Larra Prize and the APM Journalism Award (from letiziaortiz.tk):

Last edited:
Princess Letizia's Christening (from diezminutos)

Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano
Oviedo (Asturias), 29 of September of 1972
Birth: 15 of September 1972 in Oviedo.
Place of the baptism: Church of San Francisco de Asisi, located in Plaza de la Gesta, Oviedo (Asturias).
Padrinos: Cristina Ortiz and Francisco Rocasolano (paternal aunt, who died of cancer, and maternal uncle).
Oficiante: Fernando Ezquerra, of the congregation of Carmelite the Barefoot ones, that just a short time later left the Order and it married.

Elsa M. said:
Well, if that answers your question, I myself am catholic and I had my first and solemn communions, but I was never confirmed...
Many people didn't go on to be confirmed, although, nowadays, the Church is trying to make it necessary to marry by the Catholic rites).

hi! newbie to the forums. ;)

yep, as far as Catholics are concerned you need to be confirmed before you get married.

I didnt know she smoked. It is strange to see her with a cigarette. Good for her that she dont do it anymore.

RhapsodyBrat said:

yep, as far as Catholics are concerned you need to be confirmed before you get married.
Welcome, RhapsodyBrat!
Well, yes, they're trying to do so... but I have to say that, just three months ago, I attended a Catholic wedding and neither the bride, nor the groom was confirmed... In Letizia's generation, not everybody was confirmed, but I they're trying to require it to the youngest generations;)

Elsa M. said:
Welcome, RhapsodyBrat!
Well, yes, they're trying to do so... but I have to say that, just three months ago, I attended a Catholic wedding and neither the bride, nor the groom was confirmed... In Letizia's generation, not everybody was confirmed, but I they're trying to require it to the youngest generations;)

thanks!

really? they aren't confirmed yet?

sorry, this is really off topic, but well, at least here in our country and for us catholics, you really have to be confirmed if you're having a church wedding. they'd ask for both the baptismal and confirmation certificates :rolleyes: there's even an argument as to what age should one get confirmed...

Last edited:
Do you guys have any up close photos of Letizia? so I can see her face better. If you do please post them. Thank you very much Gracias

i found one on the Wikipedia site. i'll post it later. ;)

it's also found on either corbis or getty images, i think.

De La Cruza said:
Do you guys have any up close photos of Letizia? so I can see her face better. If you do please post them. Thank you very much Gracias

You have a lot of Letizia 's pics on www.letiziaortiz.tk before her engagement; some are very funy becaus they are taken when she was spoken at TV.

Can please someone translate the article about her previous relationships. I can't read spanish..

Does anyone know how Letizia and Phellipe met?

Anyone know their first love meeting story?:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Lexy said:
Anyone know their first love meeting story?:(
I don't think so. The only thing we know is the fact that they met for the first time during birthday celebration of some noble journalist, Letizia's colleque. Felipe was invited there, but Letizia went there by chance, so we can say that it was FAITH!:D We will probably never know how their relationship was developing, but they are said to start going out together after meeting in Galicia, where "Prestige" disaster happened.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
I don't think so. The only thing we know is the fact that they met for the first time during birthday celebration of some noble journalist, Letizia's colleque. Felipe was invited there, but Letizia went there by chance, so we can say that it was FAITH!:D We will probably never know how their relationship was developing, but they are said to start going out together after meeting in Galicia, where "Prestige" disaster happened.

Oh, thank you LaChica. I did not know anything about the way they met so i appreciate your response. Interesting sory. :)

pollyemma said:

Yes, it is extremely common. In Spain nearly everybody has a first communion but not everybody is confirmed afterwards.

RhapsodyBrat said:

That's not true. You need to be baptized but confirmation is optional. All my family and friends are married in the catholic church and some of them are confirmed and some are not.

Ariel said:
I didnt know she smoked. It is strange to see her with a cigarette. Good for her that she dont do it anymore.

Well, it is difficult to work as a journalist for a longtime and not to become a smoker:rolleyes:

I have never seen this pic before (source: 20 minutos).
The photo was probably taken on May 1st, 1997 (almost 10 years ago!), when she worked for Bloomberg.

from queen-int.com (CLICK TO ENLARGE)

the legend of the 3 pics:

Very instructive because whate ever Letizia do/did she is absolutly beautiful. For a congres woman What a beauty; iI hope, but I'm sure not, that she received a good salary to do this student job. One thing is sure that the Princess of Asturias knows the cost of the studies...

Back
Top Bottom