Princess Letizia is admitted to Hospital!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so excited, my first baby watch, hope everything goes well.

I just received the news!
I wish Letizia a safe labour.

It's getting close to bedtime over here in Perth but I certainly won't be going until I read the news that the baby is here. :flowers:

I wish Letizia a safe and easy labor and delivery.

Doña Alicia said:
I would say in most cases it is. Especially if it is a close family.

Really? That's so interesting - will the mother be present during the delivery or will she just be in the waiting area? And what about the father? Will he be in the delivery room? (Just for the record, in Austria most men are present at the birth of their children - some of them, alas, present but unconscious :sad:- but grandmothers-to-be rarely come to the hospital.)

I think Paloma waits outside, but Felipe is surely next to Letizia (as always! :lol: ), similarly to the birth of Leo, even though it was a c-section.

Smilla said:
Really? That's so interesting - will the mother be present during the delivery or will she just be in the waiting area? And what about the father? Will he be in the delivery room? (Just for the record, in Austria most men are present at the birth of their children - some of them, alas, present but unconscious :sad:- but grandmothers-to-be rarely come to the hospital.)

Letizia´s mother is nurse so perhaps she is present at the childbirth.

From reading the above posts it appears that she is not having a scheduled C-section, but may try for a natural delivery aka VBAC. Good luck to the Princess and her little Infanta. :wub:

Well here in America it is quite common for families to gather at the hospital for the birth of a new little one. Now whether or not family members are present during the delivery I believe that is the individual choice of the mother to be. However, when a person has a c-section I think it would be different as not a lot of people are allowed in rooms such as that. So typically with a c-section it would just be the father to be or if the father to be wasn't able to be there it would be one other person maybe the mother of the mother to be(I think it would again be the choice of the mother to be).
I've known of many people that have a few family members in the delivery rooms when having a natural birth.

Just a sidenote though this has nothing to with anything. But the actor Vince Vaughn spoke of being in the delivery room when his sister was having her baby the interview I saw was awhile back when the movie "The Break-Up" was coming out.

I wish I had taken more interest in Spanish at school, I can't understand what is written in the attached articles :wacko:

Aurora810 said:
At least with this birth I'm feeling as though we are all in the know as far as what is going on. I didn't have that feeling with Mary's delivery at all. I think she was at the hospital and in labor for quite awhile before it was reported. Just my own thinking.

You must have been awake at the 'wrong' time then. Mary was admitted sometimes during the morning ('formiddag' which in Danish means not quite morning and not yet noon). Her admittance was reported online at noon and to or three hours later the court confirmed that the birth was going on. So short of being present in the delivery room.....;)

Keeping my fingers crossed for an easy and safe delivery of the little Spanish Infanta:flowers:

Aurora810 said:
Well here in America it is quite common for families to gather at the hospital for the birth of a new little one. Now whether or not family members are present during the delivery I believe that is the individual choice of the mother to be. However, when a person has a c-section I think it would be different as not a lot of people are allowed in rooms such as that. So typically with a c-section it would just be the father to be or if the father to be wasn't able to be there it would be one other person maybe the mother of the mother to be(I think it would again be the choice of the mother to be).
I've known of many people that have a few family members in the delivery rooms when having a natural birth.

Just a sidenote though this has nothing to with anything. But the actor Vince Vaughn spoke of being in the delivery room when his sister was having her baby the interview I saw was awhile back when the movie "The Break-Up" was coming out.

Ugh. Sounds stressful - having family present at birth. I'd never want that .

LaChicaMadrilena said:
I think Paloma waits outside, but Felipe is surely next to Letizia (as always! :lol: ), similarly to the birth of Leo, even though it was a c-section.

Exactly. It all depends on what Letizia wants. If she wants her mom with her then she might be with her during childbirth. I personally didn't want anyone but my husband in the room. There were already enough people staring at my privates just with the doctor and nurses.

UserDane said:
You must have been awake at the 'wrong' time then. Mary was admitted sometimes during the morning ('formiddag' which in Danish means not quite morning and not yet noon). Her admittance was reported online at noon and to or three hours later the court confirmed that the birth was going on. So short of being present in the delivery room.....;)

Keeping my fingers crossed for an easy and safe delivery of the little Spanish Infanta:flowers:

I was one of the first people to post on the first page of the delivery thread for Mary. So I was awake. But for some reason everything happened so fast and the press seemed as though they were not even ready. Spain has been ready for weeks now. Also with Mary's delivery I think we only accumulated 4 pages before the birth was officially announced. I mean I was there and everything but I just felt like it went so fast that it is possible she was in labor long before we knew about it. It just seemed very quick to me. That's good that it was so quick because I could go on with the rest of my day. But I guess I actually prefer more of a build up and a longer wait. It builds the excitement. :lol:

Just woke up and then found this wonderful news

so exciting!!!:wub: :wub: :wub:

Aurora810 said:
I was one of the first people to post on the first page of the delivery thread for Mary. So I was awake. But for some reason everything happened so fast and the press seemed as though they were not even ready. Spain has been ready for weeks now. Also with Mary's delivery I think we only accumulated 4 pages before the birth was officially announced. I mean I was there and everything but I just felt like it went so fast that it is possible she was in labor long before we knew about it. It just seemed very quick to me. That's good that it was so quick because I could go on with the rest of my day. But I guess I actually prefer more of a build up and a longer wait. It builds the excitement. :lol:

I´m totaly agree with you Aurora;)

So... tomorrow we should hear news about birth of the new Infanta:cool:

Aurora, it may be the tradition in your circle of friends but I am an American and that is certainly not happens in my circle of friends. Most of us are there with our husbands and perhaps a mother occasionally comes - but I would dislike having others there .... even in the waiting room. They can visit later...

magnik said:
So... tomorrow we should hear news about birth of the new Infanta:cool:

Why tomorrow??? If she's been at the hospital since 13:00 hours, my guess is the baby will probably be born around 18.00 But even if it's later than that she will definitely be born today. I think Felipe will do a press conference later tonight, maybe at 20.00 or 21.00 depending on how Letizia is doing and of course at what time the baby was born. I sure can't wait to hear from Felipe how everything went and how she looks.

Don't forget about the time difference - what for us will be today (hopefully), for people in other countries may be tomorrow. :)

Emily said:
Aurora, it may be the tradition in your circle of friends but I am an American and that is certainly not happens in my circle of friends. Most of us are there with our husbands and perhaps a mother occasionally comes - but I would dislike having others there .... even in the waiting room. They can visit later...

Well that is the great thing about America there are many different types of people and traditions here. But I have to say I agree with you I don't think I want a lot of people around me either. I especially don't want my mother in the delivery room(I think she would annoy me, :lol: in a small way) just my husband but I really don't care about how many people gather in the waiting room. But once again this is all a personal choice.

princess leonor said:
Why tomorrow??? If she's been at the hospital since 13:00 hours, my guess is the baby will probably be born around 18.00 But even if it's later than that she will definitely be born today. I think Felipe will do a press conference later tonight, maybe at 20.00 or 21.00 depending on how Letizia is doing and of course at what time the baby was born. I sure can't wait to hear from Felipe how everything went and how she looks.
I hope that she will birth today too. She was admitted to the hospital but with the cramps or not? Maybe she was admitted becouse she decided to have next C-section tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom