Presentation of Infanta Leonor to the Virgin of Atocha: June 7, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From seeger:

atocha12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am speechless and over the moon with this beatiful girl and her parentes.
thank you everyone for all pics and information,i have TVE but i lost the program.
i love infanta and princess' dress, love the way the prince lifted infanta leonor,how proud he and princess were.
just a message for my little sweatest infanta:
HOW WONDERFUL LIFE IS NOW YOU'RE IN THE WORLD

More from getty (this hasn´t end :confused: )

Attachments

• 71144354.jpg
    71144354.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 71144356.jpg
    71144356.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 71144357.jpg
    71144357.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 71144358.jpg
    71144358.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 71144360.jpg
    71144360.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 71144361.jpg
    71144361.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 228
  • 71144364.jpg
    71144364.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 193
  • 71144366.jpg
    71144366.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 71144367.jpg
    71144367.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 71144353.jpg
    71144353.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Hi, girls I was outside, poor of me, I saw nothing ! Now I have a tremandous job to read your coments, saw this ABSOLUTLY ASTONISHLY BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL. No, it's not possible, it's a dream, this baby is... I didn't find my words, wait... wait, I have to read all yours threads, I have to see all the pics ! See you later....

from facetoface... many more following..

Attachments

• 00963399.jpg
    00963399.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 00963400.jpg
    00963400.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 00963405.jpg
    00963405.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 00963389.jpg
    00963389.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 00963388.jpg
    00963388.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 00963392.jpg
    00963392.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 00963404.jpg
    00963404.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 259
  • 00963403.jpg
    00963403.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 00963391.jpg
    00963391.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 190
  • 00963390.jpg
    00963390.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 193
She is adorable.... i very cute and fun baby. I love alll the pics, and i hope more came...thanks to all!

more from facetoface :

Attachments

• 00963413.jpg
    00963413.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 00963414.jpg
    00963414.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 333
  • 00963415.jpg
    00963415.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 00963416.jpg
    00963416.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 172
  • 00963382.jpg
    00963382.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 00963381.jpg
    00963381.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 00963380.jpg
    00963380.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 00963379.jpg
    00963379.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 184
Doña Leonor grows more beautiful every time we see her. I can't belive that she is 7 monhts old.

rchainho said:
how can i see the videos?

You have to download them and then watch them in Winamp or Windows Media Player.

oh wow... what a lovely act! sunshine, a lovely couple with their lovely baby.

isn't that baby the cutest thing? it's amazing how interested she was and how much attention she was paying to the whole act! for example, i just saw the video of el mundo, and when felipe offers her to the virgin and everyone starts clapping, she turns round to look at them to see what was happening... such a cute thing!

letizia is looking great as always. that jacket is lovely, isn't it? very smart and a great combination with the vibrant skirt.

what a beautiful and well behaved little girl, i haven't seen her cry in any of her public appearances.

really really wonderful and lovely! But unfortunatley her nose is still red!

biboquinhas said:
really really wonderful and lovely! But unfortunatley her nose is still red!
Yes, but I have noticed that it's decreasing. During Easter Holiday in Majorca this "agioma"(sp.?) was bigger, so as for me it will dessappear completely in the next months;)

What a beautiful ceremony, Leonor is like a doll, a very cute baby with incredible blue eyes. It´s incredible how calm was in the ceremony looking around while her mommy talk to . The princes are very proud and very happy.

Captures from Telecinco and tvg;)

Last edited:
http://www.hola.com/abonados/casasreales/2006/06/07/leonor-virgen/?auth=yes

The Princes of Asturias and little Leonor, hanged on the arms of princess Letizia, were received at 11:15 AM by the cardinal archbishop of Madrid, Antonio Maria Rouco Varela, and by the Dominican monks Fr. Jose Martín and Fr. Manuel Santos (the prior and the provincial of the convent respectively).

Besides, they were also received by dozens of Madrilenians who didn’t want to lose the opportunity to show their affection and to contemplate the little Infanta, at her arrival to the temple. Already inside the basilica, the cardinal archbishop of Madrid started the brief ceremony in front of the Virgin of Atocha, whose image was adorned with a red mantle, in honour to the Infanta (habitually, with the exception of the great ceremonies, the image of the Virgin is venerated without mantle, crowns nor any decorations).
The act consisted of a presentation gesture and the prayer: "Virgin of Atocha, consolation to all those who invoke you, allow this daughter of yours, Infanta Leonor, to always take in her heart the love to you, mother of the skies, the love to her parents and the love to all the Spaniards, especially to the most in need", pronounced Monsignor Rouco.

The service took hardly fifteen minutes, but nevertheless (and like she has already accustomed us, in each of her public appearances), little Leonor delighted everybody. The Infanta, who has turned seven months old, was in the arms of her mother during some moments, and later in her father’s, while looking at everything around her, to see every detail of what was happening. The first-born (who was dressed for the occasion with a simple sleevless dress adorned with bows) called everybody’s attention not only for being lively and attentive (shaking her arms, while Monsignor Rouco Varela was speaking), but also for how great and handsome she was.

After being dismissed by the archbishop of Madrid, the Princes of Asturias and their daughter left the temple among the innumerable samples of affection shown by the people, who acclaimed them on the street.

Last edited:
Leonor is such a dream baby! Calm, serene, well-behaved and gorgeous.

I'm sure that her behavior is a reflection of all the love that surrounds her at home!

Leonor is so cute & beautiful! what a wonderful family they are!!!

and she's just a really calm baby....never really seen her cry in public!!!!

Hope to see her more often!!!!

She is so cute! You can tell Felipe and Letizia absolutly adore her.

First of all, I thanks all of those who have putting this tremandous shots!

Many, many thanks for your speed to share so marvellous pics because we can denied that this absolutly beautiful Infanta is an amazing baby.

I'm very impressive by her look, always watching around very lively. Yes, it's absolutly surprising how Leonor is abble to keep yet her self control ( Hehehehehe, I'm becoming totaly gagagaga... and It's me who had lost my self control !)

I havn't watching yet all the fantastic pics of this so beautiful Infanta...

Last edited:
awwww.
Daddy Felipe looks like he is just about to burst with pride, and Mommy Letizia just can't stop grinning she's so happy. Leonor looks like this is nothing new- just another day in the life of Spain's cutest Infanta. If only she new that all over the world, people have been waiting for for this day so we could see her. God bless them all.

marezdote said:
She is so cute! You can tell Felipe and Letizia absolutly adore her.

And you can tell she loves them... Her looks to dad are priceless! That's the only occasion I think she forgets whats surrounding her...

Princess Letizia jacket pattern is very beautifull and apropriated for the occasion.

But, in ELMUNDO.es they mention that Infanta Leonor wears something... well here is the text in spanish, because I can't understand what they are referring to El príncipe Felipe sujeta con cariño a su primogénita, la infanta Leonor, tras la ceremonia. La niña iba ataviada con el manto que llevaba la reina Isabel II cuando fue objeto de un atentado.

I can't thank you all enough for posting so many and so beautiful pictures. Thank You so Much!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

mtbcm said:

And you can tell she loves them... Her looks to dad are priceless! That's the only occasion I think she forgets whats surrounding her...

Princess Letizia jacket pattern is very beautifull and apropriated for the occasion.

But, in ELMUNDO.es they mention that Infanta Leonor wears something... well here is the text in spanish, because I can't understand what they are referring to El príncipe Felipe sujeta con cariño a su primogénita, la infanta Leonor, tras la ceremonia. La niña iba ataviada con el manto que llevaba la reina Isabel II cuando fue objeto de un atentado.

I can't thank you all enough for posting so many and so beautiful pictures. Thank You so Much!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

It is a failure. The one that was taking the mantle of the Queen Isabel II was the Virgin. The Queen Isabel II suffered an attempt of murder for a monk in Atocha's Basilica, in gratefulness, did a series of gifts to the Virgin as the mantle and the jewels that it she was taking.;)

mtbcm said:
It says the mantle is the same Isabel II was taking when she was object of an assault (it was in February 2nd 1852, when she was presenting her daughter to the virgin, after she was born). :confused:

Another video from telecinco:
http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/reproductor_video.htm?idSkin=218&urlVideo=mms://media.telecinco.es/telecinco/informativos/informativos_ba/060607atocha.wmv

Last edited:
Leonor is sooooooooooooooo adorable...She's the most beautiful royal baby I've ever seen..God Bless the Prince of Asturias and his beautiful family..Thanks for the photos...It really made my day...:) ..

Last edited:
Elsa M. said:
It says the mantle Leonor is wearing is the same Isabel II was taking when she was object of an assault (it was in February 2nd 1852, when she was presenting her daughter to the virgin, after she was born). I think they are referring to her daughter, Infanta Isabel (known as La Chata). :confused:

Than you Elsa.

Somehow I think lula is right... They must be referring to the mantle of the Virgin... I'm sorry to bother you with this but I got a creep when I read that legend...

Thank you, lula :).

lula said:
It is a failure. The one that was taking the mantle of the Queen Isabel II was the Virgin. The Queen Isabel II suffered an attempt of murder for a monk in Atocha's Basilica, in gratefulness, did a series of gifts to the Virgin as the mantle and the jewels that it she was taking.;)

Leonor is just adorable.Letizia and Felipe are such a proud parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom