Rania's Role as Queen of Jordan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the last time I'm writting something off topic to respond to you.if you say that you've read Quran and have not seen those clear and obvious ayat describing the obligation of hijab eighther you're lieing or be sure to make an appoinment with an ophthalmologist.
I've been born and raised up as a muslim,and all through school and university courses I've been recieving islamic and quranic lessons and more than that honored as a Sayedda I dont need you to teach me what's obligatory in islam and whats not.

Last edited:
cute_girl said:
this is the last time I'm writting something off topic to respond to you.if you say that you've read Quran and have not seen those clear and obvious ayat describing the obligation of hijab eighther you're lieing or be sure to make an appoinment with an ophthalmologist.
I've been born and raised up as a muslim,and all through school and university courses I've been recieving islamic and quranic lessons and more than that honored as a Sayedda I dont need you to teach me what's obligatory in islam and whats not.

Who are you addressing here, I am not sure cute_girl

Let's all drop this topic, no one is going to change another one's opinion, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.
Let's get back to QRania.

Today, she wore the same jaket again, and she looked so simple, is it because she's 35, or....

I'm comin to beleive she has really changed,she has new outfits and jewelry,all are probably very expensive but it's nice that she's recently recycled them.

This thread is now closed as members could not abide my request to stay on topic to discuss the matter in a respectful manner and in a context as it relates to royalty.

The frequent interjections of "Okay back on topic now" after a paragraph that was not on topic were not helpful in the least. Such posts purposely went off topic, were disrespectful and the attempt to steer the thread back on topic after the fact was too little too late.

I attempted some leniency in this thread by allowing the topic to go as far as it did even without much of a royal context. But the result was members yelling at each other and being disrespectful towards each other and even disregarding a warning by me. It's too bad because there are obviously some very knowledgeable members in this thread and had we all been able to discuss even a sensitive matter such as honour killings in a mature manner, I think we could've learned a lot from each other. But some members obviously could not help themselves so this thread is now closed.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

I suggest the critics of rania rewad Time Magazine and their profile of her. I've yet to see another Arab Queen being selected as one of the Top 100 people.

I really admire Queen Rania, she does her job well, she works hard and has made sacrifices. Yes she leads a glamarpus lifestyle, but after all, isn't she the Queen? Do you think that Queen Noor spent less money? The thing with Queen Rania IMO (besides the jealousy of her great looks) is the fine line she has to tread being consort to a muslim monarch, in an unstable country. To bridge between east and west, yet keep herself tilted to the east, lest it cause an uproar. When I think of all the new age princesses, who in most are commoners, even though they live a "dream" life, do you think it's all a bed of roses? have compassion, and try to look in the good in a person.

i'm sorry but why is anyone who criticizes rania seen as jeolous of her looks?? i don't understand that logic. people criticize her for her actions or conduct and they in turn are accused of being jealous... i think that is absurd. no person is perfect and while i think that some of the criticism aimed at rania is unwarranted, i don't think the reason people do it is jealously of her looks. i think they are legitamately questioning the woman. i think this is the problem women like Rania end up having when they place so much emphasis on their looks (and yes, RAnia does place emphasis on her looks otherwise she wouldn't appear in so many fashion magazines) --- what happens is these women can't work on any other level except the physical. i'm so tired of reading all these articles on rania and all they talk about is her looks, her clothes, the fact that she doesn't wear a veil, etc. etc. and then a few repeat sentences and all the quote/unquote revolutionary things she is doiong for jordan. whether or not she is doing something for jordan is not the point -- -she needs to rework her public image and start acting more serious if she wants to be considered a real action figure.

and, no folks, i am not jealous of rania, her looks, or her position. although i wouldn't mind having a few of her handbags.

madonna23 said:
i'm sorry but why is anyone who criticizes rania seen as jeolous of her looks?? i don't understand that logic. people criticize her for her actions or conduct and they in turn are accused of being jealous... i think that is absurd. no person is perfect and while i think that some of the criticism aimed at rania is unwarranted, i don't think the reason people do it is jealously of her looks. i think they are legitamately questioning the woman. i think this is the problem women like Rania end up having when they place so much emphasis on their looks (and yes, RAnia does place emphasis on her looks otherwise she wouldn't appear in so many fashion magazines) --- what happens is these women can't work on any other level except the physical. i'm so tired of reading all these articles on rania and all they talk about is her looks, her clothes, the fact that she doesn't wear a veil, etc. etc. and then a few repeat sentences and all the quote/unquote revolutionary things she is doiong for jordan. whether or not she is doing something for jordan is not the point -- -she needs to rework her public image and start acting more serious if she wants to be considered a real action figure.

and, no folks, i am not jealous of rania, her looks, or her position. although i wouldn't mind having a few of her handbags.

A wise post...Well said Madonna

madonna23 said:

You're right, every article I read about Rania to date is mainly composed of what she's wearing and how she carries herself rather than her work. When her looks is all that's presented to us, it's incredibly difficult to actually notice what projects she's undertaken. So, her fashion is central and when someone criticizes her on what's explicitly presented they are labeled jealous. :(

I guess some of you must be reading something different from some of the things I have come across about Rania, and I can't recall any of them mentioning the way she looks.:confused: Not saying there isn't any articles out there that mentions her fashion sense. I think there is nothing wrong with a woman wanting to look good, and handling business at the same time. Personally, I think she is doing a fine job of balancing both. The media focuses too much on what she's wearing instead of what she's doing.:cool: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
"I guess some of you must be reading something different from some of the things I have come across about Rania, and I can't recall any of them mentioning the way she looks.:confused: Not saying there isn't any articles out there that mentions her fashion sense. I think there is nothing wrong with a woman wanting to look good, and handle business at the same time. Personally, I think she is doing a fine job of balancing both. The media focuses too much on what she's wearing instead of what she's doing.:cool: :rolleyes:"

I completely agree, if your reading Vogue then don't be surprised if an article on Rania is about her clothes. Personally I've read quite a few articles in different publications reagrding her work.
Perhaps you should consider broadening your horizons by reading more extensively

No offence Asma2. Could you please refrain from using the term 'those 3rd World countries' as it is derrogatory.:) Thanks

Asma2 said:
I agree with you Sean.

The problem is ones money are in those third World countries, we do not have control ever them. There is no control system. Just recently, we could all read that American forces find donations from United Nation in Uday Saddam Hussein house. The aid was for school and was 5years old simply sitting in his house.

Last edited:
She was studying in the University of Cairo, Egypt at the time and joined her family upon graduation.

Bubbette said:
Who said she was kicked out of Kuwait? Many Arabs of Palestinian descent were in fact kicked out during the first Gulf War because they supported Hussein, but she would have been out of there by then.

Don't you mean Honourary Doctory, as her Degree is Honourari?

julial said:
she was granted an honourary degree from at least one university and is now a doctor.

We in the East have religious morals, however there are some who are only members of their religion in name only (Not either way about QR) and when it has suited them they in the past have played the image of the supposed Ideal religious person.

pepep said:
every one use religion words in ME
muslim or christian or jewish it is normal thing in ME [/b]
You don’t have to be religion and believe in religion values? :shock:[/QUOTE]

I looked at her website a few weeks ago and there were some pictures of of CPHamzah (now PH.) This I was puzzled by but a least a few are there than none.

bluetortuga said:
Has anyone noticed that CP Hamzah's official wedding celebration pictures are on Ka's website and not Q. Noor's? While this is odd, I am not surprised. Q. Noor must be very hurt not to post her own son's official wedding pictures on her site. If CP Hamzah is currying favor with KA at the expense of his mother, he does not deserve to be king at all. That is no way to treat a parent, especially one who has been a lioness for her children. CP Hamzah makes me sick! I hope P Hussein becomes king!!!! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I did sense that also. Moreover in return for PH kindness QR treated her with contemps after the wedding int terms of placing a distance betweeen. Personally I think PH shouldn't have given her Mothers Crown for QR to wear apon occasions because QR should have had hers as she knew in advance when the Coronation day was set.

NOONj said:
hi freinds ,, im from jordan , i know everything about royalty familly of jor , because i close to p.haya much more than q.rania or anybody from familly royalty , p.haya she didn't want give't her mom tiara to q.rania , do u think that or whst -------------

True, also QN realised that she at that time would have been percieved as an outsider. So QN endeavoured to work hard to earn the trust of the Jordanian People.:p

QueenB said:
When Q Noor first became Queen, she lived in the shadow of the much Loved Q Alia.. she was resented in a sense and it took her time to find her own footing.. but she didn't do that by trying to downplay Q Alia's accomplishments and contributions.. I think that she had to work for whatever credit and respect she got. For Rania to chase Noor out of the Country and to take credit for organizations Noor started - as though Noor really didn't exist... :eek:
Whether or not Rania has the same work ethic.. well, a lot of the local things Q Alia and Q Noor had done seemed to me at least - to be done without any expectations or courtship of the media.. everytime QRania does something - immediately it's broadcasted all over the place.. I wonder if she'd still do them if it was on the down low and not more media attention...
About the wedding - I understand KA and QR are the monarchs in Jordan, but they are not the parents of CP Hamzah or CP Noor.. and to in an essence attempt to upstage the Mother of the groom - his only living parent - just to be the center of attention themselves - is just not right..

You'll have a fan club soon. I also think the QR is insecure and needs to be the centre of attention. She like to only highlight things that she chooses to. Both QR and KA have handles things badly and as such most of the JRF don't live in jordan anymore because of the power struggle.

I even noticed a photograph of when she was dressed in military attire and visiting a palestinian hospital. When the Paestinian Woman embraced her, QR pulled back and looked at the woman as if she was going to catch a disease. I thought that's bad form. Or maybe she was worried about getting her pristine uniform. ekther which is still bad form.

I wanted to study in Jordan but as soon as I saw what QR was doing and how she was and still is behaving I decided otherwise.

With regards to CPH scenario,I was shocked when I discovered the reality of the dicision. I think that KA is making enemies almost as BUSH is and that's not an easy thing and I don't like either. I think that KA could have done better, the problem is that he places his wife upon a pedistle and she loves it.

There's more that I could say but you've all pretty much hit upon the subject and agree with what has been said. Especially the bit about if CPH has done the later then he has made an unfortunate alliance. That really isn't worth it. He needs people who are there for him and not those who inconspicuously threatten him and so on. If KA and QR aren't careful their cushy little world may come crashing down upon them and it may be a problem that they cannot fix.

papillon said:
Agree with you again, QueenB. We are simpatico on this!

But, with QR's need for fame, famous for what? For being beautiful? For wearing haute couture? She would be famous anyway, just for being a queen. But she could be not only famous, but also more respected by using her position to TRULY help those in dire need, not just superficially launching so many projects that no mere mortal could ever possibly see them all through effectively. I think she is playing the hand she was dealt very poorly, but I hope as she matures she evolves. QN made a lot of missteps early on, but she managed to correct course a bit as she grew into the role.

It seems pretty clear to me that KA's comment was a scarcely veiled threat to CP Hamzah. CP Hamzah is still pretty young, even though he's trying to fashion himself as a mature adult. It must be a difficult position for him to be in. Call me a hard case, but I think there must be a middle road for him to choose--not just either you're with the King or you're with your own mother. I can't see any mother authorizing her son to show her disrespect in the interest of career climbing. But maybe CP Hamzah could position himself and his relationship with his mother to KA as one that's in the best interests of the country and the image of the royal family to maintain properly. KA, QR, and CP Hamzah all look pretty bad to me in this particular light. I'm sure others have noticed, too. Still, if KA is giving CP Hamzah an ultimatum on this, I think the latter has made the wrong choice and has sold his soul to the devil.

I know that at one time she had the nickname "Queen of handbags" for her large collection of them. QNoor has critizied her for her spending,but she also did the same and married in a Dior wedding gown. I would myself like to see her ocassionaly wear more Jordanian,or Arab designers than De la Renta. She is a queen though,expected to look queen-like esp in public. I personally don't care for the fact that she had a nose job, but that in itself doesn't diminish what she has and does.
She is a voice for honor killings,the enviroment and children. Not just in royal settings,functions,but she is invited to speak all over the world. She is educated,be it an honorary doctorate or not.She also went back to work 3 weeks after having PSalma so she could get back to her causes and duties.

As for the next CP,that to me is an awkard situation for you have 5 other brothers who would like to take thier place at the helm,and PHussein KA's first born son.
That will be a tough one to title a brother over your own child.

Roshanah said:
You'll have a fan club soon. I also think the QR is insecure and needs to be the centre of attention. She like to only highlight things that she chooses to. Both QR and KA have handles things badly and as such most of the JRF don't live in jordan anymore because of the power struggle.

I even noticed a photograph of when she was dressed in military attire and visiting a palestinian hospital. When the Paestinian Woman embraced her, QR pulled back and looked at the woman as if she was going to catch a disease. I thought that's bad form. Or maybe she was worried about getting her pristine uniform. ekther which is still bad form.

I wanted to study in Jordan but as soon as I saw what QR was doing and how she was and still is behaving I decided otherwise.

With regards to CPH scenario,I was shocked when I discovered the reality of the dicision. I think that KA is making enemies almost as BUSH is and that's not an easy thing and I don't like either. I think that KA could have done better, the problem is that he places his wife upon a pedistle and she loves it.

There's more that I could say but you've all pretty much hit upon the subject and agree with what has been said. Especially the bit about if CPH has done the later then he has made an unfortunate alliance. That really isn't worth it. He needs people who are there for him and not those who inconspicuously threatten him and so on. If KA and QR aren't careful their cushy little world may come crashing down upon them and it may be a problem that they cannot fix.

Thank-you!!!!Someone understands!!!!!!:) :) :D ;) :) :)

Her website nauseates me. It is all about her. What she needs to do is do hers like Qn and KA.

what do you like about qn and ka's, reina?

(this question is not meant to offend or anything - i just want to know what you like about it and i am too lazy to go and find out myself... :) )

Well I partivularly like the pictures and the information on the Hashemite Royal Family. The pics include that of their activities (which QR definitely does), but they also include pics during childhood, their family-the royal family, and also Jordanians. ANd there is emphasis on all of these. But particulary there is emphasis on their Jordanian culture and their religion. And she does not have to be in eveyr picture. MAybe I am wrong. ALso her site is too high-tech, too busy. SHe needs to simplify it.

papillon said:
Trust me, she hasn't done much about this. :(

Well in America the articles present this to be true,like she is a crusader for women's rights. I haven't been to Jordan since 1998 so I would love to know what she really does besides get dressed up. Anyone actually know what she works on that come to fruition?

Last edited:
"I even noticed a photograph of when she was dressed in military attire and visiting a palestinian hospital. When the Paestinian Woman embraced her, QR pulled back and looked at the woman as if she was going to catch a disease. I thought that's bad form. Or maybe she was worried about getting her pristine uniform. ekther which is still bad form."

How can you possibly tell all that from a photograph.

And on the issue of her Coronation tiara, the same people who criticise her for borrowing Haya's would be up in arms if she had actually purchased her own.

I agree. That is absolutely untrue.
There are literally dozens of pictures of Rania embracing Jordanians, being kissed, touched by women and she never pulls back or act like she's too proud. In many situations, esp. those involving kids, she's the first one to kiss and embrace the people she meets. Infact Rania, Abdullah, and the Jordanian royals in general, appear to be some of the warmest royal family around. They dont appear aloof nor do they have any silly antiquated rules about not being touched.

Here's that picture. Rania's not pulling back nor does the expression on her face show that she wants to. (Pic from Abaca)

Attachments

• 365404.jpg
    365404.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 182
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom